PDA

View Full Version : The Inventory System is Actively Making Me Want to Play Less

SevenCentNickel
05-17-2017, 03:38 AM
You said earlier that you you expected people to concentrate on one character, but the inventory system actively punishes you for playing one character. Certain characters already had more pieces of equipment than slots before the expansion. Now we're getting new items and there's still no solution besides deleting unique art assets. Make me pay steel for more slots, make it only count per character, put another treadmill in the game, I don't care. But if I'm actively avoiding my favorite character because my inventory is full of unique gear then something is seriously wrong.

ATBallZ88
05-17-2017, 07:56 AM
I personally don't see how inventory space can ever really be a problem. Are you really changing your gear that often? You can't use more than one piece of equipment at a time, and you can at most have three different load-outs. It doesn't make sense to pack-rat every single type, especially of the lower level crummy looking gear. What I try to do is keep a maximum of three of each type of equipment, each with a different set of stats as my main gear for my loadouts; each one with my top 3 looks, then if I come across a piece of equipment I like the look of better, I pay the steel fee to change the look of one of my main 3. Most of the gear you have you're likely never to use, so keeping it all is just a waste of space and a deprivation of useful salvage.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 08:14 AM
especially of the lower level crummy looking gear.

Thats entirely subjective. Personally I hate the majority of high level gear, especially for the Knights. Its just gaudy pee yellow gold plated stuff or previous variants of armor with spikes/rivets added.

deprivation of useful salvage.

Useful is a strong word. I have 70k Knight salvage and nothing to do with it. Excess salvage has been a problem for awhile, and the devs have said they are thinking of ways to give it use.

Just going to add, I somewhat agree with the point of your post (just wanted to point oht those specific things). Keeping everything is a bit much. That being said, more inventory space couldn't really hurt. Someone suggested using Salvage to expand inventories, which would be nice.

ATBallZ88
05-17-2017, 03:31 PM
T
Useful is a strong word. I have 70k Knight salvage and nothing to do with it. Excess salvage has been a problem for awhile, .

Just need to ask, you're carrying 70K knight salvage, are all 4 of your original and the new dlc knight class heroes repped up and upgraded to the new maximum gear limit? If not, the problem isn't excess salvage, it's excess play as a single character. Prior to the update, I went through almost 100k salvage getting all of my Viking faction heroes up to reputation 6 and upgrading them to 108 gear score. And now I'm seeing people with gs of 144. I'd say salvage is far from excess at this point

SevenCentNickel
05-19-2017, 04:48 PM
Thats entirely subjective. Personally I hate the majority of high level gear, especially for the Knights. Its just gaudy pee yellow gold plated stuff or previous variants of armor with spikes/rivets added.

Yeah, I mean check out my current Raider fashion.

http://i.imgur.com/oP2PY6Z.png

This uses gear from every level of rarity (as in when they show up, they're all epic versions of course). I don't want to throw away something only to realize there was a different combo that made it work. Especially now with new gear out that ups the possible permutations.

ButcherChains
05-20-2017, 05:16 PM
We need more inventory space. If there's 16 weapon sets and 11 armour sets for each character (might be the wrong number of weapon sets, I can't recall how many were added in Season 2) then you need 81 spaces so it should be 90 or 100 inventory spaces.

UL_BULLET
05-21-2017, 12:09 AM
I just want to be able to LOCK my items so I don't accidentally dismantle them