PDA

View Full Version : Is season pass worth it?

KSI K9 HANDLER
05-16-2017, 09:57 PM
So yes you get the heroes early but its the FREE part I like. Do we know how much the characters will be after the week is up? If they are cheep I will just wait

MysteryCookie
05-16-2017, 09:59 PM
It isn't free if you pay for it. 15k

KSI K9 HANDLER
05-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Wait are you freaking kidding me? With the season pass you don't get the characters for free you have to still pay 15000 steel for it?

Paladin Rook
05-16-2017, 10:12 PM
each new character is 15,000 steel. As for the free part, well, you ARE paying real-life money for the pass, so... they're free in-game, at least. But not free overall.

Realistically, the season pass is essentially you paying real money for early access to 6 heroes that you can get anyways, 6 outfits you probably won't use, the emote sunbeam effect (Though I believe it's impossible to actually complete the Sunbeam effect set), some emblem outlines no one cares if you've got, 3 crates you can get with no problem through gameplay, and a month of champion status. Which is kind of worthless, too, since its boosts are so minimal.

If you think all that is worth money, then buy it, but I personally recommend you save your money and get the characters with steel from challenges.

KSI K9 HANDLER
05-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Well that's just hot garbage. You pay 40 bucks just basically to be able to play the characters early but you don't have them unlocked for you. I would think if I forked over 40 bucks that all the characters that are coming should be paid for

TheMalakith
05-16-2017, 10:49 PM
Well that's just hot garbage. You pay 40 bucks just basically to be able to play the characters early but you don't have them unlocked for you. I would think if I forked over 40 bucks that all the characters that are coming should be paid for

You don't have to pay steel for the characters when you got the season pass mate. They mean that it's not "free" since you paid real money for the season pass.

KSI K9 HANDLER
05-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Okay see that's what I figured. If I get the season pass and don't have to pay the steel to unlock the characters that's what I'm willing to do. But I don't want to pay for the season pass and find out that it only covers getting to play the characters early and all those cosmetic things but you still have to pay steel to unlock the character

Sykoink
05-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Okay see that's what I figured. If I get the season pass and don't have to pay the steel to unlock the characters that's what I'm willing to do. But I don't want to pay for the season pass and find out that it only covers getting to play the characters early and all those cosmetic things but you still have to pay steel to unlock the character

Nope you get them a week early and they are completely free. The new characters in the future will also be free for you and also a week early.

You also get the Elite outfits for both the Centurion and Shinobi, Emote effect for all your characters to equip and 30 days champion status

Sykoink
05-16-2017, 11:22 PM
edit: double post.

TestO...
05-16-2017, 11:30 PM
not worth it..

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Not worth it to support such money grab tactics..

Captain-Courage
05-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Then the season pass is not wotrh it, and it has never been to begin with.

rossato2109
05-17-2017, 02:07 PM
No, not worth it.

DrinkinMehStella
05-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Wait are you freaking kidding me? With the season pass you don't get the characters for free you have to still pay 15000 steel for it?

i bought the season pass yesterday and i got access to both heroes without using any steal.

darksavior1977
05-17-2017, 02:45 PM
No it is not, if only because the vs AI matches right now do not progress anything, forcing the worthless matchmaking down your throat. I was happy when they made all contracts doable vs AI, but then they broke all the AI matches instead of fixing the AI Duels which has been broken since beta. So no, in good conscience I cannot recommend a season pass from any Ubisoft game right now.

mathi4s
05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
You could look at the season pass and say that it's not worth it but you should also consider that they are giving you 6 heroes worth of dlc for free. 2 now and 4 more later. That is kinda awesome. If you like a game support it. I'm not the kind of guy who is buying cosmetics so I bought the season pass so I can get my hands on that centurion allready. I'm a slow learner.

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 03:31 PM
You get early access to 6 new characters
You get the for free, which is worth 90k steel
You get an elite outfit for each... 42k steel.
You get the sunbeam effect for all guys... 108k steel ( you get it for the new guys too, so add another 54k steel to that.)
30 days champ status 15k steel
Plus another bit or 2.

The season pass is worth 315k steel at least.

You look how much 315k steel would cost to buy, or how long it would take to earn it in game.

You decide if its worth it.

I have it. Not complaining at all.

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Not worth it. I can easily get that 30k steel in less than a week. About the only thing I miss out on is the week of availability. I will still have enough to buy other toons when they come out and still have enough steel to buy whatever cosmetics I really want.

I bought with steel my mains executions and elite costume and still earned enough steel to buy these 2 new heroes. I held on to 30k steel for these heroes and will gain more than 30k during S2 and will hold it for next season. In which I'll play centurion. I'll have his execution and some cosmetics for him and will still have earned enough steel to purchase the 2 new heroes in s3.

So ya not worth 40bucks to me. But for the guys that cant play much. I can see how it is worth it.

KaidzenMonada
05-17-2017, 03:51 PM
You get early access to 6 new characters
You get the for free, which is worth 90k steel
You get an elite outfit for each... 42k steel.
You get the sunbeam effect for all guys... 108k steel ( you get it for the new guys too, so add another 54k steel to that.)
30 days champ status 15k steel
Plus another bit or 2.

The season pass is worth 315k steel at least.

You look how much 315k steel would cost to buy, or how long it would take to earn it in game.

You decide if its worth it.

I have it. Not complaining at all.

It's is WORTH IF you don't have much time to play it. For example 1-2 hours a day or less. Cause if you play less, it will be hard to earn steel.
It's NOT WORTH IF you can play it more than 3 hours a day. Cause earning steel and crates is pretty easy if you canplay a lot or at least do all the contracts daily.

p.s. left the game from that April "event' and still i have enough steel to buy both heroes.

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Mate, id rather work for 2 hours to buy the SP, than grind for multiple hours per day, over the course of the entire season to buy the same things.

Time is money, and buying the SP is by far the most efficient way to go about getting all that. No matter how you look at it.

It's is WORTH IF you don't have much time to play it. For example 1-2 hours a day or less. Cause if you play less, it will be hard to earn steel.
It's NOT WORTH IF you can play it more than 3 hours a day. Cause earning steel and crates is pretty easy if you canplay a lot or at least do all the contracts daily.

p.s. left the game from that April "event' and still i have enough steel to buy both heroes.

That_guy44
05-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Not for 40 dollars

XxHunterHxX
05-17-2017, 03:59 PM
**** no !

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 04:01 PM
It's all relative.

You can't define 'worth it' in absolute terms, it's entirely based on your own perception of what constitutes value for money, how balanced your perspective on life and the cost of living is, and I guess at the end of the day, how much cash you actually have spare.

I had a Chinse takeaway last weekend that cost the same as the Season Pass.

/shrug

RatedChaotic
05-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Mate, id rather work for 2 hours to buy the SP, than grind for multiple hours per day, over the course of the entire season to buy the same things.

Time is money, and buying the SP is by far the most efficient way to go about getting all that. No matter how you look at it.

From a disabled gamer that can hardly do anything but game or do simple tasks. I dont get much from the VA or social security. I'm on a strict budget. So that doesnt seem to be an option for me. So grinding is more efficient for me.

Grey was right. but I think 40 for chinese takeout is a bit expensive aswell lol

KaidzenMonada
05-17-2017, 04:04 PM

I agree with you, cause i am an adult and i have a work where i earn money. BUT, there are lot of school students or the ones without work and money, with a lot of time. They would disagree maybe.)

okaboy
05-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Not worth it. Any season pass must have something in exclusive and everything that you get with it can be got just playing. If you have enough money, go ahead, buy it but it's a waste of money.

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Yeah I see your point... reckon they have more time to spare, so if they enjoy being on here for hours on end, go for it. I also enjoy spending a lot of time on this game, but it still rather not have to grind out certain things if I can avoid it. :)

I agree with you, cause i am an adult and i have a work where i earn money. BUT, there are lot of school students or the ones without work and money, with a lot of time. They would disagree maybe.)

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Then I feel for you mate

In a way, you're lucky, as I'm sure you can devote more time to playing than your average guy. Shame as to the reasons why though.

I'm type 1 diabetic, only for the last 2 years though, so when I'm having a rough day with it, I can spend more time on here too.

Being self employed helps a lot with that.

From a disabled gamer that can hardly do anything but game or do simple tasks. I dont get much from the VA or social security. I'm on a strict budget. So that doesnt seem to be an option for me. So grinding is more efficient for me.

Grey was right. but I think 40 for chinese takeout is a bit expensive aswell lol

XxHunterHxX
05-17-2017, 04:53 PM
The season pass gives you nothing new....if it was like 10 euros for 2 new heroes ? yes but 40 ?? 40 ??? thats like you buying a new game...on top of the fact that the new caracters ir not even that great.....keep your money guys...and play the game you will ghet there....

cpt.karato
05-17-2017, 11:03 PM
If u like the game and play a lot its definitely worth it. just my opinion tho .

TheMalakith
05-17-2017, 11:08 PM
The season pass gives you nothing new....if it was like 10 euros for 2 new heroes ? yes but 40 ?? 40 ??? thats like you buying a new game...on top of the fact that the new caracters ir not even that great.....keep your money guys...and play the game you will ghet there....

It's 6 heroes, just so you know.

UbiNoty
05-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Season pass content details (https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_buy-page_comparison.jpg)

How much value you put on it is up to each individual player. If you don't have a season pass each hero costs 15k steel to unlock (which we feel is reasonably priced) and you have to wait a week to play. Hope that gives you a bit more insight if you're still debating!

TheMalakith
05-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Season pass content details (https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_buy-page_comparison.jpg)

How much value you put on it is up to each individual player. If you don't have a season pass each hero costs 15k to unlock (which we feel is reasonably priced) and you have to wait a week to play. Hope that gives you a bit more insight if you're still debating!

Would have been nice if the non pass owners could already try them in training so we aren't complete numbs on it right away and can buy the right one right off the start!

cragar212
05-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Never pre order games or buy season passes. It encourages the aaa studio mentality of over hyping games and then releasing before tge game is ready.

UbiNoty
05-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Would have been nice if the non pass owners could already try them in training so we aren't complete numbs on it right away and can buy the right one right off the start!

After the early access window is over (in 4 days) you'll be able to test out the new heroes in training.