PDA

View Full Version : Centurion attack tracking/speed

PepsiBeastin
05-16-2017, 06:48 PM
I main Orochi and I have serious problems with Centurion. Maybe its because i rely on dodges, but his jumping stabs are literally heat seeking. I dodged BEHIND a Centurion, and he did a 180 midair to hit me. Also, why the hell does he have Peacekeeper attack speed? With Orochi's **** recovery time, I literally can't get a dodge between attacks since I'm just perpetually stunlocked. It wouldn't be so hard to manage if he didn't turn into a damn Tomahawk missile whenever I'm out of his melee range.

Also oh my god wtf even is Shinobi? He's literally PK on steroids with 0 punishability. I pity anyone who has to fight against one that can even slightly use his moves. I see people whining about his health pool but if you can't hit him anyways, whats the disadvantage of low health?

CAR0.
05-16-2017, 06:50 PM
lol, it's been less than a day. stop your crying and learn like everyone else how to play against the new heroes.

PepsiBeastin
05-16-2017, 06:55 PM
It's not hard to see when a character is too strong or has some kind of issue. Stop being a stuck up piece of **** and actually provide something constructive to the conversation.

Diomious
05-16-2017, 07:04 PM
I play the Centurion, first of all, not heat seaking. Every hero tracks well enough that if you miss that window to dodge, you get hit, no matter what.

Shinobi isn't a PK on steroids. Shinobi is hard as hell to fight against, yes, but so is a berzerker and orochi who knows their kit. You play as you should, not as you would have before.

I would hazard to guess you might have been exploiting something they fixed. Only reason I can see *****ing this early into patch release, or you just don't like losing. If you don't like losing, play against AI, or don't play at all.

UrWaifuAintReal
05-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Centurion's attacks are telegraphed as ****, and no way comparable to PK because unlike PK, the wind up of centurion's light and heavy are very different, I find them to be parry bait.

And I don't have the season pass, been playing Raider ATM.

Nestramutat
05-16-2017, 07:20 PM
First match against a centurion ,he spammed me to death with an ability that looked like shoulder bash.
Unlike shoulder bash and shield bash, I could not dodge a single spam from centurion. I mean I did evade, but he got me anyway.
I was super excited about this new season and new classes. After a single dominion game I shut down the PC in disgust. I literally lost all hope for this game.
Yes Ubi, spammable attacks its exactly what this game needed more.
Not to mention my ****ing gear is useless.

KyleTessada
05-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Shinobi is absolutely way over powered. They will 100% get nerfed. I dont understand how it even got put in live at its current state... seriously wasnt it tested first? Berserker is one of the hardest to play, with limited moves and horrible block/perry. My rep 17 is being annihilated by brand new level 2s with no gear.

Sincerity117
05-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Yes! Someone already crying about the Centurion! You're not worthy for the sands of the arena.

Nestramutat
05-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Yes! Someone already crying about the Centurion! You're not worthy for the sands of the arena.

It's not the centurion in particular, but all the abusable and spammable attacks characters have in general. The fact that instead of doing something about it, Ubi released a new character that spams **** thats nigh unavoidable, its disheartening, to say the least!
I can not play centurion yet to see his moves and how to counter him, but it seems after the first kick charge or whatever the **** he does, you are doomed.
I play a valk rep 9 and know how to dodge shoulder bash (if not canceled into GB, in which case you just suck it) and shileld bash, but his new **** the centurion brings seems unavoidable, I could not dodge/evade a single one of his spams.

Corvy
05-16-2017, 07:47 PM
berserker is one of the hardes to play.

hahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahah

SerArthur-Dayne
05-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Shinobi is absolutely way over powered. They will 100% get nerfed. I dont understand how it even got put in live at its current state... seriously wasnt it tested first? Berserker is one of the hardest to play, with limited moves and horrible block/perry. My rep 17 is being annihilated by brand new level 2s with no gear.

Shinobi isnt very good but lots of fun. One parry and you can kill them full health with a 2 hit mixup! Two people can kill a revenged shinobi in a single attack.

I know its too early to tell and make tweak suggestions, but I think hes very underwhelming in 1v1 and a joke in a 1vX scenario. Time will tell

Epoqx
05-16-2017, 07:55 PM
How can you guys cry after 5 hours, when no one of us, even the ones who playt he classes, don't exactly know everything about it. We don't have an exact idea about timings and mix up. Train, like everyone of us, and you won't be crying anymore when u'll know how to counter it.

ArlianDeBias
05-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Given Ubisofts track record on balancing characters in For Honor so far, I can safely say that if Centurion and Shinobi turn out to be overpowered they will be quickly nerfed down to normal levels.

That said, from my experience playing so far I feel the current overpowered things are:

Centurion's Kick is currently too fast for an opener and is the fastest in the game.
Centurion's Guard Break during one of his combo has a completely different timing to every other characters Guard Break's, making it especially difficult to tech when players are used to a standard timing for Guard Breaks across all other characters.
Shinobi's wind up Guard Break from distance is unexpected as there are no other characters which can Guard Break at a distance, this may simply take some getting used to though.

I'll update this post on any additional thoughts of mine.

FIX.THE.KENSEI
05-16-2017, 08:31 PM
First match against a centurion ,he spammed me to death with an ability that looked like shoulder bash.
Unlike shoulder bash and shield bash, I could not dodge a single spam from centurion. I mean I did evade, but he got me anyway.
I was super excited about this new season and new classes. After a single dominion game I shut down the PC in disgust. I literally lost all hope for this game.

Great truth!

The differences between the still op heroes of last season were not solved and in this new season with the two new characters the gap is still bigger ..

We must accept that this is not an error and that the devs are in the mood for these op differences and limitations between heroes to continue existing.

Otherwise these absurdities between characters has no explanation.

Nestramutat
05-16-2017, 10:59 PM
After a few more games against centurion, I feel his unblockables are really very fast, I still haven't managed to dodge one unless he starts with one. But if he hits you with kick, good luck, you can't do **** after that, you're free game.

Knight_Raime
05-16-2017, 11:59 PM
Given Ubisofts track record on balancing characters in For Honor so far, I can safely say that if Centurion and Shinobi turn out to be overpowered they will be quickly nerfed down to normal levels.

That said, from my experience playing so far I feel the current overpowered things are:

Centurion's Kick is currently too fast for an opener and is the fastest in the game.
Centurion's Guard Break during one of his combo has a completely different timing to every other characters Guard Break's, making it especially difficult to tech when players are used to a standard timing for Guard Breaks across all other characters.
Shinobi's wind up Guard Break from distance is unexpected as there are no other characters which can Guard Break at a distance, this may simply take some getting used to though.

1) warlord headbutt is still faster.
2) literally no one i've fought in my skill bracket has been GBed successfully by the GB after any light.
3) I teched the first and only ranged GB attempt shinobi threw at me. it's really not hard if you already tech 90% of the GB attempts in the game.

Sykoink
05-17-2017, 12:04 AM

You shut down your PC in disgust after your FIRST match against a new character with kind of unknown abilities/moveset? Damn.

I would advise you to read the forums, people are already giving out advice on how to counter and really punish the new characters. After that play again and try to see if those punishes work out for you, you will come to realize after some time that the new classes are not so OP as you think. It's perfectly normal to lose to something that you don't know how to play against yet.

RoosterIlluzion
05-17-2017, 12:13 AM
I main Orochi and I have serious problems with Centurion. Maybe its because i rely on dodges, but his jumping stabs are literally heat seeking. I dodged BEHIND a Centurion, and he did a 180 midair to hit me. Also, why the hell does he have Peacekeeper attack speed? With Orochi's **** recovery time, I literally can't get a dodge between attacks since I'm just perpetually stunlocked. It wouldn't be so hard to manage if he didn't turn into a damn Tomahawk missile whenever I'm out of his melee range.

Also oh my god wtf even is Shinobi? He's literally PK on steroids with 0 punishability. I pity anyone who has to fight against one that can even slightly use his moves. I see people whining about his health pool but if you can't hit him anyways, whats the disadvantage of low health?

Now you know how slower blocking, shorter dodging characters feel playing against any assassin or Valkyrie.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 12:31 AM
It's not hard to see when a character is too strong or has some kind of issue. Stop being a stuck up piece of **** and actually provide something constructive to the conversation.

But that's what they said about orochi and nobushi during the beta

Le_Milk
05-17-2017, 12:37 AM
I main Orochi and I have serious problems with Centurion. Maybe its because i rely on dodges, but his jumping stabs are literally heat seeking. I dodged BEHIND a Centurion, and he did a 180 midair to hit me.

My only wtf moment so far is this.

I play an assassin as well and damn, that pounce attack has a broken tracking system hahahaha Tried to dodge, not even deflect, at several time frames and STILL got a weird turn mid air to hit me, i would understand if it was the shinobi, damn ninjas...

But it still too soon to say anything else, they look very fun to play!

kumanchik
05-17-2017, 04:54 AM

you are just bad his kick is hella dodgeable you need to either practice more or stop playing

kumanchik
05-17-2017, 04:57 AM

centurion kick is terrible what do you mean????? i dodge it all day

RoosterIlluzion
05-17-2017, 05:52 AM

At least with shinobi's charged GB, it always comes from the right side, so guard that side when you see him charging it. Otherwise, the regular one comes from the left.

DrinkinMyStella
05-17-2017, 08:53 AM
did you say PK speed lol he's actually slow with his attacks, he has a lot of unblockables which you have to use in order to open up a free hit

dekot11
05-17-2017, 09:43 AM
The kick is very telegraphed and easily dodged. And his health is really low too, lower than all the assassins apart from the ninja.

But his jumping stab is messed up. You have to parry or block or dodge backwards. If you want to dodge it to the side you have to do it way earlier than normal, as he's leaving the ground. It's not really a timing thing, they just made it much harder to side dodge than other similar moves. I have no idea why they would make dodging on this move so vastly different from the other jumping/lunging attacks in the game. It's not hard to parry or block but still, it's completely unnecessary and adds to the perception that the character is broken.

A couple of his other moves have much tighter windows on side dodging as well. And I agree with the sentiment that adding more unblockables is a lazy way to fix the turtle meta. And his light attacks are very fast. I play on console and I would say it's in the vicinity of valkyrie and pk. And his wall 100-0 spam is ******** and most likely an oversight and will be the first thing to be fixed.

I realize this is a normal business practice for Ubisoft, to release new OP characters and eventually nerf them but they really outdid themselves with the centurion.

At least the ninja is balanced. He has his kick and that's pretty much it. Everything else is very high risk. He's probably mid-tier at best. People will eventually get good with him but that doesn't change the fact that he has to take very high risks for most of his moves. With that said, he's not fun to fight and I don't ever see that changing. Ironically the centurion is very fun to fight but it really feels like he has way too many tools.

tldr; devs hate samurais. if you're a kensei main, give it up and start learning cenutrion, or any other top tier from the western factions.

Diomious
05-19-2017, 06:09 PM

Look, just because the new characters play in a way that scares you, or you don't understand, doesn't mean they need to be nerfed, or anything else. The game has had these hero's out for what, 3-4 days now? Oh no but they can't be good or players who didn't quite find their playstyle with other characters finally find one that fits them, that would be heresy! no, we need everyone (who isn't YOUR main) be nerfed to high heaven because they can't be worthy of being remotely able to beat you, right?

Sorry to tell you this, but I main Warden, and slowly starting to main Centurion. I love the playstyle of centurion, he's fun, he's different, his mix ups are incredibly fun and yes, they took a little while to figure out where they go and when to do them, but they are FUN. Warden was fun too, but got stale because his only thing was shoulder bash, the Centurion has heavy gb, heavy heavy gb, light gb, light light gb, light light light gb, light gb heavy gb light light gb... the combo's go on and on. And no, they are not hard to counter or get out of, I had a shinobi annihilate me one match, and the next match I destroyed him. There's now fun new ways, and fun new combos, and fun new heros. Learn them, go to practice, and LEARN THEM.

If you are above (you believe you are, but you shouldn't be) going and looking at them in practice modes, or checking out their kit so you have an understanding, then that's your own damn fault. No one has access to information or moves that you cannot find out about. I checked out every hero and what they could do, watched how to fight with them, practiced a little with them, after I got destroyed by a shinobi when they first launched. I was playing centurion as soon as it launched, was really fun figuring out the playstyle.

I don't agree with a lot of Ubisoft's decisions, one mainly being that the console version of the game should be at 30 fps while the pc is at 60, but when it comes to these heros, I'm glad they put them in the way they are. Neither of them need a 'nerf', as some would say, not unless they start really showing they are outclassing everything else. Shinobi is hard to play, a lot harder than berzerker, trust me, I also play berzerker, and shinobi is hard as **** to play compared to him.

Again, I keep repeating this, but its the truth: LEARN, go in and STUDY, check them out, look at their moves, realize that they can do something at some time and that's probably what's going to be thrown out. If you are having trouble, with anyone, you should do that, to see what they are doing.

Lastly, I would like to point out: The centurion's attacks do not track 100% and are perfect. I've had many players dodge out of my follow up gb attacks, move out of the way of my dash attack, and even push me off when I do my quick throw (light to gb). So to those who are crying that this is happening, all I have to say is: GET GOOD!

Diomious
05-19-2017, 06:21 PM
The kick is very telegraphed and easily dodged. And his health is really low too, lower than all the assassins apart from the ninja.

But his jumping stab is messed up. You have to parry or block or dodge backwards. If you want to dodge it to the side you have to do it way earlier than normal, as he's leaving the ground. It's not really a timing thing, they just made it much harder to side dodge than other similar moves. I have no idea why they would make dodging on this move so vastly different from the other jumping/lunging attacks in the game. It's not hard to parry or block but still, it's completely unnecessary and adds to the perception that the character is broken.

A couple of his other moves have much tighter windows on side dodging as well. And I agree with the sentiment that adding more unblockables is a lazy way to fix the turtle meta. And his light attacks are very fast. I play on console and I would say it's in the vicinity of valkyrie and pk. And his wall 100-0 spam is ******** and most likely an oversight and will be the first thing to be fixed.

I realize this is a normal business practice for Ubisoft, to release new OP characters and eventually nerf them but they really outdid themselves with the centurion.

At least the ninja is balanced. He has his kick and that's pretty much it. Everything else is very high risk. He's probably mid-tier at best. People will eventually get good with him but that doesn't change the fact that he has to take very high risks for most of his moves. With that said, he's not fun to fight and I don't ever see that changing. Ironically the centurion is very fun to fight but it really feels like he has way too many tools.

tldr; devs hate samurais. if you're a kensei main, give it up and start learning cenutrion, or any other top tier from the western factions.

You don't have a season pass, do you? Your not checking out what is going on behind the scenes, are you? Your not playing them in practice to see how they might function, are you? No, didn't think so.

Let me demonstrate why your thinking is flawed: You play a game, expect to win for whatever reason, and then suddenly someone shows up with a character that might be faster than your used to, use moves your not used to, then beat you because well, your not used to what they are doing. Instead of learning, figuring out what is wrong and overcoming it, you come here, cry about how they are over powered, and hope they get nerfed. Sorry to tell you this, but they aren't going to nerf because little ole you says they need to be.

I play on console too, and no, they are not too fast, they are not too strong, and they are not over powered. I have been beaten while using one of these so called over powered characters, with normal characters who have been said to be 'ok', without a problem. The wall spam is just that, wall spam, any one can do it, Warden can if you don't block the lights or stop the shoulder charge, Kensei doesn't have to but can do it if they can keep throwing you, LB can easily with a shove (and it can vortex into a heavy into a shove into a heavy into a shove), Raider can again with throwing, PK can gb kick you into a wall. Its up to the player how to use the tools at hand the best. And here's something you might not know, LB and Centurion have simular playstyles, you hit or shove, heavy, shove, heavy, shove, heavy, shove, kill. If your opponent can't get out of it by blocking a heavy, that's their problem. And your problem from the sound of it, since you can't figure out that you can PARRY or BLOCK the starter or connecting attacks.

Honestly, stop crying, go play. If you don't want to play against the new heros... Well, don't know what to tell you, go play in custom matches and not allow the new ones in?

Diomious
05-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Shinobi isnt very good but lots of fun. One parry and you can kill them full health with a 2 hit mixup! Two people can kill a revenged shinobi in a single attack.

I know its too early to tell and make tweak suggestions, but I think hes very underwhelming in 1v1 and a joke in a 1vX scenario. Time will tell

You don't watch WildBill_69 then... he goes into 1vx and wrecks shop sometimes. I've seen him take on two shinobi before, and won, as shinobi, first day he had him. Its all in how you play the character. That's all. There's never going to be a skill balance for people who play the game. I accept I'm a low tier player, even when I play "op" characters. Its an acceptance that doesn't really stop my rage when I lose, but it at least makes me want to keep playing and get better.

dekot11
05-19-2017, 06:49 PM
You don't have a season pass, do you? Your not checking out what is going on behind the scenes, are you? Your not playing them in practice to see how they might function, are you? No, didn't think so.

Let me demonstrate why your thinking is flawed: You play a game, expect to win for whatever reason, and then suddenly someone shows up with a character that might be faster than your used to, use moves your not used to, then beat you because well, your not used to what they are doing. Instead of learning, figuring out what is wrong and overcoming it, you come here, cry about how they are over powered, and hope they get nerfed. Sorry to tell you this, but they aren't going to nerf because little ole you says they need to be.

I play on console too, and no, they are not too fast, they are not too strong, and they are not over powered. I have been beaten while using one of these so called over powered characters, with normal characters who have been said to be 'ok', without a problem. The wall spam is just that, wall spam, any one can do it, Warden can if you don't block the lights or stop the shoulder charge, Kensei doesn't have to but can do it if they can keep throwing you, LB can easily with a shove (and it can vortex into a heavy into a shove into a heavy into a shove), Raider can again with throwing, PK can gb kick you into a wall. Its up to the player how to use the tools at hand the best. And here's something you might not know, LB and Centurion have simular playstyles, you hit or shove, heavy, shove, heavy, shove, heavy, shove, kill. If your opponent can't get out of it by blocking a heavy, that's their problem. And your problem from the sound of it, since you can't figure out that you can PARRY or BLOCK the starter or connecting attacks.

Honestly, stop crying, go play. If you don't want to play against the new heros... Well, don't know what to tell you, go play in custom matches and not allow the new ones in?

Are you dumb? Can you not read? I'm telling people how to dodge the move. I'm telling them the window comes earlier than for other similar moves. I'm pointing out the fact that this move, for some inexplicable reason, has a vastly different window/timing than other similar moves. Where in there did I say I couldn't dodge it? There is a whole paragraph where I go into detail about how to dodge the move. I even explicitly say it's easier to block or parry it.

Stop blindly defending ********. Your entire post is just generic dumb ******** you can copy and paste in response to any anti-centurion post.

Qarismah
05-19-2017, 07:13 PM
How long are we gonna use the "learn the new heroes" excuse? Is it okay that it only takes a couple hours to learn how to use them but it takes several days to learn how to play against them? If you won't admit that they are unbalanced, then you at least have to admit that they are extremely easy to play.

Everyone used to complain about how easy the PK was to play, but when these new heroes come out they decide to defend them although they are just as guilty if not more so. Maybe its just all the old PK players are now playing the dlc characters. That would explain why I haven't seen a PK in ages.

dekot11
05-19-2017, 07:22 PM
How long are we gonna use the "learn the new heroes" excuse? Is it okay that it only takes a couple hours to learn how to use them but it takes several days to learn how to play against them? If you won't admit that they are unbalanced, then you at least have to admit that they are extremely easy to play.

Everyone used to complain about how easy the PK was to play, but when these new heroes come out they decide to defend them although they are just as guilty if not more so. Maybe its just all the old PK players are now playing the dlc characters. That would explain why I haven't seen a PK in ages.

I haven't seen a single warden or warlord since the patch dropped. I've seen other original characters though and I've been playing a lot recently.

Charmzzz
05-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Fastest fix for broken mechanics ever: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1671813-Maintenance-May-19th-2017-Live-Update-on-Consoles

Cant stop laughing about those people who claimed those moves were "Ok" and it was a l2p issue. Hahahaha

dekot11
05-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Fastest fix for broken mechanics ever: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1671813-Maintenance-May-19th-2017-Live-Update-on-Consoles

Cant stop laughing about those people who claimed those moves were "Ok" and it was a l2p issue. Hahahaha

wow THANK YOU.

"the last 400ms of the Jump Attack is now dodgeable"

sweet vindication no one else cares about but it tastes so good

Diomious
05-20-2017, 03:36 AM
The cry babies win. They have nerfed and buffed the two characters before even the public get a chance to play them. Good job there babies, you won.

I'm done playing this game, Ubi will never again get my money for any of their games besides this also.

I leave with a quote: The squeeky wheel gets the greese, but also may get replaced.

Think about that little children, cry too much, and someone WILL replace you.

Diomious
05-20-2017, 03:39 AM

Just reading the first part of this post makes me want to do terrible things to your internet so you cannot spread your ******ation.

That goes for every snowflake **** who calls themselves gamers today. Go away, leave the hobby to those who enjoy it for what it is, and go do something more constructive, like, making blankets to cuddle with while you suck your thumbs.