PDA

View Full Version : What if "turtle meta" was just an option ?

Capoupacap
05-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Ok I know it's may be the best way to make everybody mad :p

So after this modification of the gear stats, I was thinking of an add that could even more be fit to a specific player gameplay. There is a big complain about how powerfull defense add are but some player actually like to play in a defensive way and may not like a more aggressive play style.

Let's take the example of the warden...basically you could face two big strategy, one being very defensive and reactive to opponent move and the other very agressive.

While the today's coming gear stat modification as mostly an impact on defense or attack, why not considering specific armor or weapon set to have an extra option if put together on your character. It's a bit the way Division works with the issue of having unbalanced situation but why just put a slight help that could help a player wearing a gear that fits his play style.

In the case of the two warden you could imagine an attack bonus like: Diminish stamina exhaustion if block by X%. The defensive set could be increase recovery time on light block of X%. Each set receive of course a malus to balance it and give it a weakness.

The real big deal with this solution would be to recognize immediately what type of configuration the enemy takes.

It's just an idea but It could help to develop gameplay style ;)

Alustar.
05-16-2017, 12:00 PM
I'd like for this to be a thing, but it feels like there's have to rework a lot to make those viable options for each class.

Hopefully that's what they are doing with the changes though. Would be a good way to solve the problem with defensive play, though.

Egotistic_Ez
05-16-2017, 12:02 PM
If it's an option it's not a meta.

And while I would like gear that changes playstyle, I don't have enough confidence in Ubi's ability to pull it off.