PDA

View Full Version : AC3 fast travel

jackfisherman
05-16-2017, 01:27 AM
Unable to access fast travel in either of sites labeled fast travel. In Homestead go to the carriage and bring up the map, but when I move the curser to New York and click on fast travel and exit I am still standing next to the carriage and my best route is to travel through Frontier. Using recent updated Windows 10 with mouse and keyboard control.

strigoi1958
05-16-2017, 12:40 PM
were you able to fast travel to these places before? I think I could only fast travel to places I had already been to and unlocked first.

Also since the win 10 update you should verify your game files.

jackfisherman
05-16-2017, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the help. I have been back and forth many times, but never able to use fast travel. I was able to travel OK in all 3 previous games. How to check game files?

strigoi1958
05-16-2017, 06:01 PM
if you have the game in steam

you go to your game library
right click on Assassin's creed 3
select properties
then local files
then verify integrity of game files

If it is only on uplay
you open uplay
go to your games library
point at Assassin's creed 3 and there should be a white triangle in the bottom right corner
click the triangle and it will open a menu
select verify game files

I hope that helps :)

click these pictures to make them bigger
http://i.share.pho.to/c626ab9a_c.png (http://pho.to/AhOlG)

jackfisherman
05-16-2017, 11:28 PM
I checked files as shown. "Failed to verify, re-install or call support". If uninstall, will I keep saved games?

andynaruto10
05-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Yes, you can uninstall and re-download. You won't lose the save games. They'll remain in the Uplay folder. Also, they're uploaded on the Cloud.

jackfisherman
05-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Thanks to both of you for your time helping a novice. Download (2 disk) OK. Will try game again later today. First order is to finish the horse race in session 10.

strigoi1958
05-17-2017, 04:59 PM
No problem, I hope you get it working soon. And we are all novices at some time :) I hope you stick around the forum and help others. Plus start some threads and post screenshots