PDA

View Full Version : Unblockables -WL, Ward, LB

JibletHunter
05-15-2017, 10:47 PM
So guys, does anyone know if the Devs have commented on the state of SB, Headbutt, shove etc? I am watching the season 2 premiere, and 93% of all damage (by hits, not quantity) was set up though an unblock-able or a Gb (with the remaining 6% coming from zones and single lights).

Also classes which won are Warden, WL, and LB. I would like to see the other 66.6% of the cast being used as well as the remaining 80% of the move-sets. Is there any plans discussed in the streams to tone these spammers down or to buff up the remaining cast? Otherwise season 2 may not be worth it for me, even with the fact that I am a season pass holder. Any info,opinions are appreciated! I am just looking for some variety.

Netcode_err_404
05-15-2017, 10:48 PM
So guys, does anyone know if the Devs have commented on the state of SB, Headbutt, shove etc? I am watching the season 2 premiere, and 93% of all damage (by hits, not quantity) was set up though an unblock-able or a Gb (with the remaining 6% coming from zones and single lights).

Also classes which won are Warden, WL, and LB. I would like to see the other 66.6% of the cast being used as well as the remaining 80% of the move-sets. Is there any plans discussed in the streams to tone these spammers down or to buff up the remaining cast? Otherwise season 2 may not be worth it for me, even with the fact that I am a season pass holder. Any info,opinions are appreciated! I am just looking for some variety.

Search elsewhere LOL

This game is competitive and actually skill based as much as I'm vladimir Putin.

JibletHunter
05-15-2017, 10:52 PM
Search elsewhere LOL

This game is competitive and actually skill based as much as I'm vladimir Putin.

I think I will, thanks for the input. It feels bad practicing less popular characters (ahem, nobushi) and sitting at a 60% win-rate in duels, when i can just switch to warden and sit around 80% (when i am much less familiar with warden).

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Search elsewhere LOL

For a guy who lives in a world of conspiracy where every other class is broke except his own precious Lawb, that's mighty convincing, Mr. Putin.

I hear Navalny is giving you a hard time, huh.

JibletHunter
05-15-2017, 10:59 PM
I think its safe to say if you are playing any of the 3 classes that rotate appearing in every pro round, there might be a problem. Im not saying do not play them, or only play them in a certain way. Just pointing out that UBI should see this as a HUGE balance red flag. It doesn't seem healthy for the game that a majority of the content is completely unused.

The_B0G_
05-15-2017, 11:57 PM
Defense is way too strong, I'm getting to the point that when I meet up against guys who turtle and wait to get parries, never atracking first, that I have to play the same way or I'll lose.

So it turns into a heavy feinting, gb feinting, single top light hitting fights that last 5 mins. Or until someone jumps in and starts spamming shoves.

I don't know how they're going to do it but they need to make it so you can't just sit and wait, never attacking. More than half the people I noticed doing this are wardens too, they turtle more than conqs and warlords.

At the very least, heavy parry needs a smaller window, even on console they are ridiculously easy to do.

Mudflaaaps
05-16-2017, 12:05 AM
Totally agree with you, the unblockables are what ruin this game. I've said this countless times, will anyone listen? Nah, because if you see unbalance you must be 'salty' and bad at the game.

As I didn't watch whatever tournament is happening, out of interest who (character not player) won the most? Has lawbringer become one of the top 4 characters as I predicted?

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 12:07 AM
For a guy who lives in a world of conspiracy where every other class is broke except his own precious Lawb, that's mighty convincing, Mr. Putin.

I hear Navalny is giving you a hard time, huh.

I could beat you with a long baton up in the a$$. And still you would be the most pathetic beeing beetwen us

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 01:37 AM
I could beat you with a long baton up in the a$$. And still you would be the most pathetic beeing beetwen us

Yep. The dim of wit, brute, thuggish attitude, "making scapegoats" to hide oneself behind, threats and intimidation.
That's signature "Putin style" alright. Planning on poisoning any more peope with radioactive tea, Mr. Putin?

I hear you're moving on to the Warlord-hate after your time with PK-hate, huh. Which classes are next to your "hate" line? The Kensei? ***pffft***

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 03:46 AM
Yep. The dim of wit, brute, thuggish attitude, "making scapegoats" to hide oneself behind, threats and intimidation.
That's signature "Putin style" alright. Planning on poisoning any more peope with radioactive tea, Mr. Putin?

I hear you're moving on to the Warlord-hate after your time with PK-hate, huh. Which classes are next to your "hate" line? The Kensei? ***pffft***

Both completely broken characters, the stream tonight was clear about it.

Alustar.
05-16-2017, 03:50 AM
You are still trash.

I enjoy watching how quickly your arguments degrade in value the more you are met with logic, reason, and superior wordcrafting.

BOOM! Caught that wicked edit.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 03:56 AM
I enjoy watching how quickly your arguments degrade in value the more you are met with logic, reason, and superior wordcrafting.

BOOM! Caught that wicked edit.

Yes i edidet to avoid beeing reported, i have no problem saying he is trash, that knows **** about the game, and spend half of his time whining.

Oh and the funny part is when you find out he mains a pk. So all whines are even more funny.

OFC he is on ps4. Where the game is unplayable.

Alustar.
05-16-2017, 04:00 AM
Yes i edidet to avoid beeing reported, i have no problem saying he is trash, that knows **** about the game, and spend half of his time whining.

Oh and the funny part is when you find out he mains a pk. So all whines are even more funny.

I play on PS4, seems pretty playable to me.
Fail to see why class has anything to do about this "whining" I haven't seen either.

Lol, nice try though.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:01 AM
I play on PS4, seems pretty playable to me.
Fail to see why class has anything to do about this "whining" I haven't seen either.

Lol, nice try though.

If you guys play at 30 fps, and have hard time to dodge a blasted neutralÚ shove, which is a free dodge. Then no, its not playable.

He just insists in claiming that LB is broken, which people already PROVED the exact opposite. And that same dude says Pk is absolutely fine, then sorry, but that means you know **** about this game, which is fine.

He fails to actually understand that classes like LB, valk, are not broken, are just able to make their own play in this meta, which is tootally different than beeing broken.

Because the community as whole KNOWS which classes are broken and need to be addressed asap. The LB is not one of them, the valk is not one of them.

Period. His crusade against LB's just prooves that he is trash. As a Pk he should eat for breakfast every other classes, unless the player using them is clearly superior to him. Thats all.

And before he, or you just come here and say "blablabla you talk like that cuz Lb is your main", yes he is, but i care **** to defend him, because i, like you, have all charactes, if they nerf him again to the uselesness, i just reroll warden, or warlord so i care ****. But thats not the main point. The only idiot thing about Lb is the shove from block that can start an OFFENSIVE mix up, its ******ed, and I said multiple times it shoudn't work like that. Its annoying when people turtle up and go for that. But pretty much all top 3 classes can do the same, with the difference they have others tool. LB doesnt every attack is slow AF, half of his counter attackjs are glitched and don't work.

In duels the streams has showed us the only decent player who try to play, and taking risks is truetalent, the others like sypher just turtle up, spamming cheesie bashed with warlord, and the other dude ISkys just passive playstyle parrying attacks.

Npne of them were using a LB.

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 04:07 AM

Who mains a WHAT?? ROFL

Who plays on WHERE..??? LOOLOLOLOL

See, small things like these really shows that when you say something here, milord :rolleyes:, you don't say things based on facts, evidence, or logic... you just blurt out stuff without really thinking about it, which tends to hurt your objectivity. Hence -- your one-sided, biased love towards a class you personally like, and then the unlimited, equally biased hatred towards ALL other classes and their players who actually share common problems as your own, beloved Lawby.

Anyhoo, keep the insults and misinformation coming. This is just too funny to watch :D

(ps) I think the last "console" I owned was a "SEGA Megadrive" back in the '90s or something.. LOL :D

Alustar.
05-16-2017, 04:09 AM
If you guys play at 30 fps, and have hard time to dodge a blasted neutralÚ shove, which is a free dodge. Then no, its not playable.

I don't get caught up eating spam cause I'm not an idiot. Only time I have issues with that is I. A 1v4 and the enemy team has me against a wall, and that was my fault to begin with, so I just get my bib out and chow into a spam sandwich.

Edit: also I'm not such a whiney turd that I'm going to blame my lack of reaction times on an FPS problem that, not only isn't the source of the problem, but in now way related to that problem.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:12 AM
Who mains a WHAT?? ROFL

Who plays on WHERE..??? LOOLOLOLOL

See, small things like these really shows that when you say something here, milord :rolleyes:, you don't say things based on facts, evidence, or logic... you just blurt out stuff without really thinking about it, which tends to hurt your objectivity. Hence -- your one-sided, biased love towards a class you personally like, and then the unlimited, equally biased hatred towards ALL other classes and their players who actually share common problems as your own, beloved Lawby.

Anyhoo, keep the insults and misinformation coming. This is just too funny to watch :D

(ps) I think the last "console" I owned was a "SEGA Megadrive" back in the '90s or something.. LOL :D

Thats funny, according fhtracker, your name does not even exist in for honor recordings. Im starting to ask if you actually own the game lol

PK and warlord don't share any problem, thats why both are used to win tournaments lol.

Warlord especially don't have any downside, not even ONE

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:13 AM
I don't get caught up eating spam cause I'm not an idiot. Only time I have issues with that is I. A 1v4 and the enemy team has me against a wall, and that was my fault to begin with, so I just get my bib out and chow into a spam sandwich.

Edited comment above, pretty much all I have to say.

Egotistic_Ez
05-16-2017, 04:19 AM
Thats funny, according fhtracker, your name does not even exist in for honor recordings. Im starting to ask if you actually own the game lol

PK and warlord don't share any problem, thats why both are used to win tournaments lol.

LMAO. Fhtracker. That says everything I need to know.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:22 AM
LMAO. Fhtracker. That says everything I need to know.

yeah indeed, but i cannot find kweassa1917 on it :(

dekot11
05-16-2017, 04:23 AM

He just insists in claiming that LB is broken, which people already PROVED the exact opposite. And that same dude says Pk is absolutely fine, then sorry, but that means you know **** about this game, which is fine.

He fails to actually understand that classes like LB, valk, are not broken, are just able to make their own play in this meta, which is tootally different than beeing broken.

Because the community as whole KNOWS which classes are broken and need to be addressed asap. The LB is not one of them, the valk is not one of them.

Period. His crusade against LB's just prooves that he is trash. As a Pk he should eat for breakfast every other classes, unless the player using them is clearly superior to him. Thats all.

And before he, or you just come here and say "blablabla you talk like that cuz Lb is your main", yes he is, but i care **** to defend him, because i, like you, have all charactes, if they nerf him again to the uselesness, i just reroll warden, or warlord so i care ****. But thats not the main point. The only idiot thing about Lb is the shove from block that can start an OFFENSIVE mix up, its ******ed, and I said multiple times it shoudn't work like that. Its annoying when people turtle up and go for that. But pretty much all top 3 classes can do the same, with the difference they have others tool. LB doesnt every attack is slow AF, half of his counter attackjs are glitched and don't work.

In duels the streams has showed us the only decent player who try to play, and taking risks is truetalent, the others like sypher just turtle up, spamming cheesie bashed with warlord, and the other dude ISkys just passive playstyle parrying attacks.

Npne of them were using a LB.

I don't know if you're talking about just those guys but I'm literally watching video of the stream right now and the second match was LB vs. warden, or more accurately, shove vs. shoulder bash. Petemoo was LB and Fairlight was warden and Fairlight didn't dodge a single shove. These are "pros" playing on PC on LAN. There is so much talk about dodging these spammable unblockables but so far these guys aren't getting it done.

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 04:27 AM

Who the fek cares? Every single discussion that involved you and me was about what types of skills were a problem under which context in regards to their design, not about which class was OP or not -- and yet, time and time and time again you ignore those points and simply regress back to the only two points you can contend, (which is pathetic, btw):

(1) "...but, but, classes like Warlords and Wardens are even more OP!!"
(2) "...but, but.. neutral shove can be dodged!"

I grow tired of these games, so let me spell it out to you bluntly.

(1) WD and WL being more OP than the Lawb is irrelevant. That's never what we debated about in the first place.
(2) Who the fek ever complained about neutral shove?

The point was, and ever has been about the block-shove spamming from a turtley/reactionary basic tactic. Block-shove is unavoidable, and the shove-light constitutes a 50/50... and as the streaming clearly showed everyone not even some really good, high level players really 'counter' the shove-light -- they just risk the hit, and then reset the fight afterwards.

Literally, every time I throw this fact at your face, you go back to (b) above ... "but.. but... neutral shove can be dodged!"...

Dude, I get it. If that's what it takes for you to feel safer in your hopeless argument you so desparately want to maintain, then let it be known to the world that "neutral shove is dodgeable" -- despite it's a topic nobody cared about in the first place.

As if I'm ever gonna open up my personal info to the likes of you. *snicker*

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:27 AM
I don't know if you're talking about just those guys but I'm literally watching video of the stream right now and the second match was LB vs. warden, or more accurately, shove vs. shoulder bash. Petemoo was LB and Fairlight was warden and Fairlight didn't dodge a single shove. These are "pros" playing on PC on LAN. There is so much talk about dodging these spammable unblockables but so far these guys aren't getting it done.

I haven't seen this fight, and I do not know the players, but if the warden lost, that means he is just a trash warden, end of the story. The shove after a dodge can easily be avoided, and if you are on pc i will show you,.
The shove after a block is more tricky but some classes can bypass the 50/50 like raiders and conqs.

Assassins can deflect the following light, so zerkers for example can just exploit the shove into their own advantage. And im not saying this is fine, infact defending shoudn't allow you to start mix ups. But thats not enough to categorize Lb as broken class, not with pk's wardens and warlords arounbd.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:28 AM
Who the fek cares? Every single discussion that involved you and me was about what types of skills were a problem under which context in regards to their design, not about which class was OP or not -- and yet, time and time and time again you ignore those points and simply regress back to the only two points you can contend, (which is pathetic, btw):

(1) "...but, but, classes like Warlords and Wardens are even more OP!!"
(2) "...but, but.. neutral shove can be dodged!"

I grow tired of these games, so let me spell it out to you bluntly.

(1) WD and WL being more OP than the Lawb is irrelevant. That's never what we debated about in the first place.
(2) Who the fek ever complained about neutral shove?

The point was, and ever has been about the block-shove spamming from a turtley/reactionary basic tactic. Block-shove is unavoidable, and the shove-light constitutes a 50/50... and as the streaming clearly showed everyone not even some really good, high level players really 'counter' the shove-light -- they just risk the hit, and then reset the fight afterwards.

Literally, every time I throw this fact at your face, you go back to (b) above ... "but.. but... neutral shove can be dodged!"...

Dude, I get it. If that's what it takes for you to feel safer in your hopeless argument you so desparately want to maintain, then let it be known to the world that "neutral shove is dodgeable" -- despite it's a topic nobody cared about in the first place.

As if I'm ever gonna open up my personal info to the likes of you. *snicker*

Add me and I will show you, but it seems you do not even own the game, so why are you here ? Why you act like you know the game where clearly you don't ?

ell us more about you, who do you play ? Where you play ? I would love to hear

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 04:31 AM

That's basically the fact I've brought up in his face since page1 of this thread. Of course, since then, it's 2 pages of insults as his "response".

I think I'm just gonna drop this issue once and for all. Yep. With Revenge you have Rhodri, with Lawbs, you have our most noble Micidial, Lord of god knows what. :rolleyes:

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:32 AM
That's basically the fact I've brought up in his face since page1 of this thread. Of course, since then, it's 2 pages of insults as his "response".

I think I'm just gonna drop this issue once and for all. Yep. With Revenge you have Rhodri, with Lawbs, you have our most noble Micidial, Lord of god knows what. :rolleyes:

Tell us more, why your account on pc does not even exists ?

kweassa1917
05-16-2017, 04:33 AM
Add me and I will show you, but it seems you do not even own the game, so why are you here ? Why you act like you know the game where clearly you don't ?

ell us more about you, who do you play ? Where you play ? I would love to hear

At this poin, milord, I really don't care about what you have to say any more. I don't own the game? OK :rolleyes: that's fine. Think that way. Probably your attitude in these last 2 pages of this thread, is already more damaging to whatever credibility you seem to have had, so I really needn't even talk to you any longer. *sigh*

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 04:35 AM
At this poin, milord, I really don't care about what you have to say any more. I don't own the game? OK :rolleyes: that's fine. Think that way. Probably your attitude in these last 2 pages of this thread, is already more damaging to whatever credibility you seem to have had, so I really needn't even talk to you any longer. *sigh*

NOnonono, wait, you do not own the game ? .... LOL ?

Why your account is not registered ?

Knight_Raime
05-16-2017, 04:44 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. I believe the only reason people are even struggling against lb currently is because he hasn't been relevant until recent. Where as warden, PK, conq, and warlord all have been since the start. A lot of FH "skill" comes down to reaction. reaction is bolstered by reflexes. Which are built when one has enough experience against the situation. This is why we see some higher skilled players still struggle against light light or zone useage from PK (like true talent) and others like Iskys who parry lights/zones almost off reaction consistently.
There is no guess game with Lawbringer because the GB attempt after a shove isn't fast enough to catch people off guard. It only grabs people who immediately hit dodge afterbeing shoved. In which the person dodging isn't even reading the opponent.

For the rest of the kits that top players seem to not struggle against (like orochi or kensei) is because those kit's are weaker design wise. They don't need to have extensive experience with understanding of what the user will likely do. With LB despite still being a mid tier hero he's still got a lot going for him compared to some other mid tier kits. He's got different mix ups off parries and a very nice unblockable combo that you can loop on (referring to light heavy heavy.) Either way you look at it LB has more depth to his kit compared to other heros. Thus a longer time is needed to adjust imo.

As for unblockable attacks I don't really understand the complaint. The only way they annoy me now is during revenge. Unblockables force situations to happen. it forces people to react. which is a good thing for a fighting game. The more powerful offense becomes and the weaker defense is as a result. Meaning the "spam" of unblockables won't be needed to be "crutched on" as hard. I feel for the most part the devs have done a good job adjusting them. They are all still proper strong. But not blatently broken like on release.

UrWaifuAintReal
05-16-2017, 04:53 AM
Has lawbringer become one of the top 4 characters as I predicted?

https://media.giphy.com/media/bCVklBd9PSGSA/giphy.gif

Nope.

IesooMI
05-16-2017, 05:00 AM
I'll never understand how the community can complain about the "top" characters then complain about the turtle meta....the reason they are such strong characters right now is because they can crack turtles with their unblockables. You people want unblockables out of the game then cry about defensive meta. Do you even listen to yourselfs? It's the same with 50/50 it's either strong offense or defense make up minds holy hell.

Knight_Raime
05-16-2017, 05:30 AM
I'll never understand how the community can complain about the "top" characters then complain about the turtle meta....the reason they are such strong characters right now is because they can crack turtles with their unblockables. You people want unblockables out of the game then cry about defensive meta. Do you even listen to yourselfs? It's the same with 50/50 it's either strong offense or defense make up minds holy hell.

Let's look at the top characters: Warlord, warden, conq, pk.

Warden and pk can open up turtles but they don't get a huge benefit from the defensive mechanics. Where as warlord and conq do. And if you need turtles to beat other turtles that's a flaw.
Also that's not how opinions/perspectives work. The defensive meta is something that needs addressing regardless of who benefits from it. And anything that's blatently strong even if it allows you to beat turtles shouldn't be allowed to stay.

That's just as silly as saying unlock tech needs to stay in the game because that's the only way kensei can do anything.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-16-2017, 10:28 AM

I think I spend too much time on these forums to realize exactly what you mean about these two lol

SnugglesIV
05-16-2017, 10:42 AM
This thread was a mistake. I think it's best that we nuked it from orbit and try again because we got two guys just trying to flame each other until the end of time. They aren't even talking about the thread at this point.

Netcode_err_404
05-16-2017, 02:55 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. I believe the only reason people are even struggling against lb currently is because he hasn't been relevant until recent. Where as warden, PK, conq, and warlord all have been since the start. A lot of FH "skill" comes down to reaction. reaction is bolstered by reflexes. Which are built when one has enough experience against the situation. This is why we see some higher skilled players still struggle against light light or zone useage from PK (like true talent) and others like Iskys who parry lights/zones almost off reaction consistently.
There is no guess game with Lawbringer because the GB attempt after a shove isn't fast enough to catch people off guard. It only grabs people who immediately hit dodge afterbeing shoved. In which the person dodging isn't even reading the opponent.

For the rest of the kits that top players seem to not struggle against (like orochi or kensei) is because those kit's are weaker design wise. They don't need to have extensive experience with understanding of what the user will likely do. With LB despite still being a mid tier hero he's still got a lot going for him compared to some other mid tier kits. He's got different mix ups off parries and a very nice unblockable combo that you can loop on (referring to light heavy heavy.) Either way you look at it LB has more depth to his kit compared to other heros. Thus a longer time is needed to adjust imo.

As for unblockable attacks I don't really understand the complaint. The only way they annoy me now is during revenge. Unblockables force situations to happen. it forces people to react. which is a good thing for a fighting game. The more powerful offense becomes and the weaker defense is as a result. Meaning the "spam" of unblockables won't be needed to be "crutched on" as hard. I feel for the most part the devs have done a good job adjusting them. They are all still proper strong. But not blatently broken like on release.

No class should start anattacking mix up from defending. Its dumb. Lb needs others buffs to enter the competitive scene. Where you want to go with heavies that are 1.100 ms slow ? LOL

A broken impaling riposte, or the useless blind justice ? You can see why people turtle up, cuz other options are completely useless. Same with pk, they spam lights because the hero designer ****ed up most of the vanilla classes.

Instead fixing them, they are putting naruto and the roman guy.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-16-2017, 08:31 PM
No class should start anattacking mix up from defending. Its dumb. Lb needs others buffs to enter the competitive scene. Where you want to go with heavies that are 1.100 ms slow ? LOL

A broken impaling riposte, or the useless blind justice ? You can see why people turtle up, cuz other options are completely useless. Same with pk, they spam lights because the hero designer ****ed up most of the vanilla classes.

Instead fixing them, they are putting naruto and the roman guy.

I get guaranteed impaling riposte, so I don't really see what's broken about that.
Blind justice is guaranteed after a light parry, so not too useless.
As a counter attacker, it's kind of his thing to turtle up

He serves his role well as a counter attacker, but the problem is that the shove is a 50/50 offensive option, making him not only a lazy character, but an imbalanced one.