PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalled game because I'm crap at it

Harryvok
05-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Well the game has beaten me. I have crap reflexes and reached the point I just could not improve no matter how much I've tried. All I'd do is end up angry and frustrated, so why bother to play anymore?

When you're using a prestige 5 character and losing to people just starting new characters, you know it's time to give up.

Big problem for me is using a controller and the way you have to be ready on the right stick AND the buttons at all times. It is just too much for my feeble reflexes.

Trade in time.

Tobias96716
05-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Don't give up...just go to the practice mode and practice more...you will get it...

DrExtrem
05-15-2017, 11:15 AM
You are not really crap - you are using the wrong hardware.
But its off course not your fault !!!

One of the top problems of for honor on console is, that the first step to not sucking anymore, is to buy a custom controller with paddles.

That's what makes playing on console hit and miss. I can counter guard break without problems (except its coming after a faint). Why? Because I spent 150€ on an elite controller. I did not buy ut for this game alone off course - I am left handed and the problems you mentioned plague me in general. The elite controller is an equalizer.

Egotistic_Ez
05-15-2017, 11:20 AM
You are not really crap - you are using the wrong hardware.
But its off course not your fault !!!

One of the top problems of for honor on console is, that the first step to not sucking anymore, is to buy a custom controller with paddles.

That's what makes playing on console hit and miss. I can counter guard break without problems (except its coming after a faint). Why? Because I spent 150€ on an elite controller. I did not buy ut for this game alone off course - I am left handed and the problems you mentioned plague me in general. The elite controller is an equalizer.

Actually the elite controller is practically pay2win. The fact you can up the sensitivity on the stick for guard switching, not to mention remap buttons to places that don't require you to move your thumb of the stick, gives you quite an edge.

cragar212
05-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Well you can just remap buttons if you're playing on console.

Your tv makes a big difference. It can slow reaction time by up to 150ms

DrExtrem
05-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Actually the elite controller is practically pay2win. The fact you can up the sensitivity on the stick for guard switching, not to mention remap buttons to places that don't require you to move your thumb of the stick, gives you quite an edge.

The dead zone is still there. Adjusting the controller input only makes it harder to control the camera.

I tried it out.

But yes - the advantage is huge and it is basically a gamebreaker using it. My controller is over a year old.

bananaflow2017
05-15-2017, 11:56 AM

No it isnt I can also play claw.
And sensivity dunno i dont have probs with it.
Still works pretty well.
But i think i shouldnt do this dir too long.

WoodDaGawd
05-15-2017, 04:54 PM
You shouldn't check other users stats to compare to your play. You don't know if you are playing someone that quits anytime they start losing. Their stats will look like they are beginners because they never level their heroes.

Also, players without champion status will have lower prestige than those with. Just got to prestige 14 with my Raider because I keep champion status and never quit. Does that mean im good? Heck no.. Im happy with the 50% win rate though and I have fun with the game.

If you want to get better, set up some 99 round custom matches with level 2-3 bots. Play that for an hour or 2 then come back to the game.

AndersenThree
05-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Well the game has beaten me. I have crap reflexes and reached the point I just could not improve no matter how much I've tried. All I'd do is end up angry and frustrated, so why bother to play anymore?

When you're using a prestige 5 character and losing to people just starting new characters, you know it's time to give up.

Big problem for me is using a controller and the way you have to be ready on the right stick AND the buttons at all times. It is just too much for my feeble reflexes.

Trade in time.

One thing that may help you is the dead zone fix for your analog sticks that you can adjust. It may help you block a bit faster if you adjust them.

jeannedeorleans
05-15-2017, 05:34 PM
I remap button so that GB is on L1 it help a lot.

dekot11
05-15-2017, 05:50 PM

Trade in time.

You're always going to end up facing someone better than you, that's just the way the matchmaking works. You're probably forgetting about all the people you demolished to get to that point. Also, if you're on console you don't need to spend a hundred bucks to remap your controls, you can just do it from system menus. My thumbs never leave the sticks.

DrExtrem
05-15-2017, 06:32 PM
This game has matchmaking?

Make a match. If "match" means: "both play the game", it is a match.

Capoupacap
05-15-2017, 07:07 PM
just buy a elite or a razor Harryvok

skru_loose
05-15-2017, 11:08 PM
To the OP, before you uninstall if you're on console then a few things aren't you, they're a **** corner cutting company called ubisoft.

1. Go to accessibility options and alter guard break key with target lock, downside is that you need to re map for other games back to how you had them each time then practice with the new layout ( i find that turning off execution prompts helps to adjust )

2. I greatly suspect that if you're similar to any normal person then the stick dead zone is against you, the number of times I've died because i haven't slammed the guard stick through the contrroller because that's where ubisoft has the direction change kick in are more than i can count, HOPEFULLY the useless ****s fix that in season 2 patch.

3. Wired controller, I've been told that even a non gaming geek standard wired controller can help, about to try one myself and find out for $50 nz dollars that is.

In short though matey ubisoft hasn't made this the most optimal experience for console users and whats worse is that ppl will praise them for changes and fixes that shouldve been in place from the get go.