PDA

View Full Version : Multiple take-offs possible?

choxaway
02-04-2004, 04:32 PM
I suppose it's too late for any FB add-on but in BoB it would be great if least three Spits or Hurris could take off at the same time, as was common practice, rather than waiting their turn in single file as is currently the case.

Much Battle of Britain footage shows at least three taking off simultaneously - particularly from grass airfields. One at a time would take too long as they needed aircraft up in the air as fast as possible when scrambled.

choxaway
02-04-2004, 04:32 PM
I suppose it's too late for any FB add-on but in BoB it would be great if least three Spits or Hurris could take off at the same time, as was common practice, rather than waiting their turn in single file as is currently the case.

Much Battle of Britain footage shows at least three taking off simultaneously - particularly from grass airfields. One at a time would take too long as they needed aircraft up in the air as fast as possible when scrambled.

02-04-2004, 05:13 PM
You can do that right now.

There are 3 things that make it hard though:

1) The narrow grass strips aren't very wide.

2) The AI doesn't know how.

3) Onwhine human pilots are too impatient to fly properly.

XyZspineZyX
02-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Actually, I've seen a few co-ops where the planes were set up in wide rows (instead of line astern) for just that sort of take-off. It was kind of fun...

It can be done...but I echo the doubts of the guy who says the AI can't handle it...

HansKnappstick
02-05-2004, 03:39 AM
I did it on Sunday on VirtualPilots_1 server with a good friend of mine (I am flaying as a wingman to him). Still need to practice staying in touch in the air though ;o)

VVS-Manuc
02-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Sure you can do it already in FB, but it is tricky (and the AI http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ). In BoB it should be the standard takeoff procedure.

VW-IceFire
02-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Should definately be standard in BoB...especially for those scramble situations. The Spits waiting on the field to scramle at a moments notice with the engines running...the call comes in, the flare goes up...and every jumps off the field as quickly as possible!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!

Cold_Gambler
02-05-2004, 02:43 PM
I remember, from one of the updates a couple of months back, that there's a number of new "airfield" designs of which one is nice and W-I-D-E for just that purpose ... It may have been put in the Normandy maps I'm not sure, I know I haven't seen it in-game so far.

ZG77_Schnell
02-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Its done by setting each plane up as its own flight leader. Then placing those planes on the runway the way you want them, 0 (zero) altitude and the lowest speed you can get them to be (If I remember right, been awhile since I made that coop). Make sure they have a clean shot up the runway though otherwise they will not swerve to miss anything.