PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disappointed by the lack of a proper tutorial/training mode

NocturnalFox-
05-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Now I been watching the videos in each characters moveset and reading them, even writing them down.
But things that aren't covered;
Parrying.
Counter grabs.

Two of the most I dare say important moves.
Now i'm giving duelling a go- not because I enjoy it ( I don't), but for the trophy, and I have noticed I am massively out of my depth here because I don't understand how to do these two things.
"It's all about timing" Yea I get that, but being unable to practice and get it right makes it nails to do.

Hows about Ubi get off their collective arses and give us the ability to practice via some sort of sparring grounds.
If you did your research historically you would know two of your factions spent a great deal of time TRAINING not warfighting.

At the end of the day its rage inducing not being able to practice these vital things and when I realise I am outmatched I just quit.
Whats the point of playing a one sided match because you have no idea or the ability to practice with characters and their move sets.

If I quit in a match any of you's are playing don't get offended, it means the skill gap is there and i'm clearly not going to win, its like a Sunday team going into a proper league.

While you are putting in a sparring ground ubi, put in some sort of league table so we get matched against equivalent skilled players first.

FledgeSRondo
05-14-2017, 06:47 PM
The campaign/story mode is basically the introduction for how to play, they explain the mechanics throughout.

You can train using the Custom Match mode, it gives you options to set up high level bots to play against for practice in any game mode (Dominion, Duel, etc.) with extra options for training purposes. Hope that helps. 😃

NocturnalFox-
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
I completed the campaign on realistic, it doesn't mention those or feigning attacks.

dekot11
05-14-2017, 06:57 PM
The advanced tutorial covers parrying and I think the basic tutorial covers CGB.

This game has a learning curve, what exactly is your gripe? I practiced against bots for like two days and when I went into actual duels, I found out that bots were better than the people I faced early on. You don't get matched with good people until you win like 10 games in a row. And then if you lose that 11th game, it drops you back down to the easy pool of players. I know because I've made like 4 different accounts and it's the same kind of results every time.

And who cares if you lose early on? That's a learning process too, probably the best way to learn. Stop being so scared to put your pride on the line, nobody else on the planet cares how well you do at this game, trust me.

And there is no ranked, you can call it a duel or sparring ground and there is virtually zero difference.

NocturnalFox-
05-14-2017, 07:06 PM
My gripe is they are doing ****e I don't even have a scoobies on.
And when I do it it seems like a fluke.

Then matches get ruined by wardens and valkyries spamming leg sweep attacks that you get no way out of.
They want to do that thats fine, take the win, but then they should be matched with other move spammers.

Nout to do with pride everything to do with being clueless.

dekot11
05-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Just keep playing man, everybody went through all that. Part of the fun is the actual progression you make, not like in other games where it's all about levels and points and shiny stuff. This game's progression is when you start CGB'ing every attempt and punishing moves that seemed impossible to counter.

What helps is to set up a custom match with no time limit and no damage. This helps a lot in learning basic mechanics like CGB and parrying. This is the training/sparring room you asked for, i think.

IlMacgyverIl
05-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Bro... That is covered in the advanced tutorial.

Moondyne_MC
05-14-2017, 11:01 PM
The advanced tutorial covers parrying and I think the basic tutorial covers CGB.

This game has a learning curve, what exactly is your gripe? I practiced against bots for like two days and when I went into actual duels, I found out that bots were better than the people I faced early on. You don't get matched with good people until you win like 10 games in a row. And then if you lose that 11th game, it drops you back down to the easy pool of players. I know because I've made like 4 different accounts and it's the same kind of results every time.

And who cares if you lose early on? That's a learning process too, probably the best way to learn. Stop being so scared to put your pride on the line, nobody else on the planet cares how well you do at this game, trust me.

And there is no ranked, you can call it a duel or sparring ground and there is virtually zero difference.

If you're having trouble against a particular character, you can always load up a custom duel match with damage set to zero and practice as much as you want. While there have been requests for being able to set the moves the bots perform in training, half the fun of this game is learning that stuff against real people.

UbiJurassic
05-14-2017, 11:44 PM
Now I been watching the videos in each characters moveset and reading them, even writing them down.
Parrying.
Counter grabs.

Two of the most I dare say important moves.
Now i'm giving duelling a go- not because I enjoy it ( I don't), but for the trophy, and I have noticed I am massively out of my depth here because I don't understand how to do these two things.
"It's all about timing" Yea I get that, but being unable to practice and get it right makes it nails to do.

Hows about Ubi get off their collective arses and give us the ability to practice via some sort of sparring grounds.
If you did your research historically you would know two of your factions spent a great deal of time TRAINING not warfighting.

At the end of the day its rage inducing not being able to practice these vital things and when I realise I am outmatched I just quit.
Whats the point of playing a one sided match because you have no idea or the ability to practice with characters and their move sets.

If I quit in a match any of you's are playing don't get offended, it means the skill gap is there and i'm clearly not going to win, its like a Sunday team going into a proper league.

While you are putting in a sparring ground ubi, put in some sort of league table so we get matched against equivalent skilled players first.

As others have stated in the thread, parrying and counter-guardbreaks are covered in our advanced tutorial. After completing the initial tutorial, you should have been prompted to continue with the advanced tutorial. As an added incentive, completing it also gives you a nice, large batch of steel for completing it the first time. :)

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 11:51 PM
As others have stated in the thread, parrying and counter-guardbreaks are covered in our advanced tutorial. After completing the initial tutorial, you should have been prompted to continue with the advanced tutorial. As an added incentive, completing it also gives you a nice, large batch of steel for completing it the first time. :)

Do you ever plan on making level 4 or 5 bots to set in custom matches? Also will there ever be a way to pick what heroes can be used in duel practice instead of just level 0 pk, level 1 raider, level 2 shug, level 3 Valkyrie?

UbiJurassic
05-15-2017, 12:55 AM
Do you ever plan on making level 4 or 5 bots to set in custom matches? Also will there ever be a way to pick what heroes can be used in duel practice instead of just level 0 pk, level 1 raider, level 2 shug, level 3 Valkyrie?

The suggestions have been passed along to development, but no official news to share on it just yet. As long as players ask for it though, we will keep reminding them!

Antonioj26
05-15-2017, 01:04 AM
The suggestions have been passed along to development, but no official news to share on it just yet. As long as players ask for it though, we will keep reminding them!

Awesome, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Happy to hear I'm not the only one asking.

JamaasK
05-15-2017, 01:12 AM
Parrying.
Counter grabs.

They are both in "Advanced Practice"

I wish the game taught players of things like:

Wall splats
Difference between light/heavy parries
Safe/Unsafe on block
etc

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Don't get your hopes up TOO much, though... aside from the nice changes to Stampede Charge...

...everything else is a "cancel to StunTap"...as in, "if the opponent holds top guard at a distance.. then.. what?" :D

Egotistic_Ez
05-15-2017, 01:44 AM
The tutorial and training sections are severely lacking. While it does give you the option to practice cgb and parry, nowhere does it list things like guaranteed follow-ups or max punishes. But then these are likely only in the game by accident so that's probably why.