PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One Who Thinks Centurion Animations Look Weird?

Kraxers
05-14-2017, 01:18 AM
Hey
When I watched warrior's den I was really excited about centurion's moveset. But when I watch I can't help but feel a little bit of disappointment and I was checking twitch chat aswell so I saw some comments like this aswell. (The tittle is formality I know I am not the only one.)
Overall I feel like his animations are a little bit clunky. I was expecting fluid moves and combos. Yes he has tons of combos but they don't look fluid. He is more like warlord. Yelling and swinging his sword without aesthetic. I love his brutality but I think they could add some effort in it. The punch thing aspecialy looks so weird.
What do you think about it?

UbiNoty
05-14-2017, 01:42 AM
I can feel where you're coming from, but at the same time I do feel like it's a part of his character.
Centurion is a brute that'll body you and bully you down into the ground - someone that's far different from, say, the shinobi who is light, agile and will make you an unwilling partner in his dance of death.

I'll let the team know what you said though :D

Egotistic_Ez
05-14-2017, 01:46 AM
One thing you have to remember as far as animation fluidity is concerned is that, especially in fighters, it affects game balance. Ubi already found this out the hard way with guard switching. I'm not saying that's definitely the case here, but it can be a cause.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 01:50 AM
To me, the word "brash" comes to mind.

But I like it, tho'. There's way too many heroes currently that takes themselves too seriously...;)

Hormly
05-14-2017, 01:51 AM
Hey
When I watched warrior's den I was really excited about centurion's moveset. But when I watch I can't help but feel a little bit of disappointment and I was checking twitch chat aswell so I saw some comments like this aswell. (The tittle is formality I know I am not the only one.)
Overall I feel like his animations are a little bit clunky. I was expecting fluid moves and combos. Yes he has tons of combos but they don't look fluid. He is more like warlord. Yelling and swinging his sword without aesthetic. I love his brutality but I think they could add some effort in it. The punch thing aspecialy looks so weird.

I assumed it looked so clunky because they were playing on consoles which are running at half the framerate??

Hormly
05-14-2017, 01:54 AM
Hey

I assumed it looked so clunky because they were playing on consoles which are running at half the framerate??

CoyoteXStarrk
05-14-2017, 08:16 AM
If I wanted elegance I would be a PK main.

I wanna jack people in the face with my weapon and then spit on their corpse.

Haemmerst0rm
05-14-2017, 09:14 AM
I can feel where you're coming from, but at the same time I do feel like it's a part of his character.
Centurion is a brute that'll body you and bully you down into the ground - someone that's far different from, say, the shinobi who is light, agile and will make you an unwilling partner in his dance of death.

Could it be that you have shown old footage of centurion movesets? Because it looks VERY clunky at all!

Lumina-US
05-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Could it be that you have shown old footage of centurion movesets? Because it looks VERY clunky at all!They messed up the Centurions look anyways, should have been designed like the Dude from "Ryse: Son of Rome".

Several moves seem to be copycatted from that game anyways - why not the appearance?

Gray360UK
05-14-2017, 10:34 AM

They weren't. They were playing on PC with Controllers. They wouldn't dream of showing off new content and gameplay on a console. Ignorant all round to be honest, console doesn't make everything look clunky. If it did this thread would be asking why the Shinobi looked clunky too, no?

Pincopallino097
05-14-2017, 10:47 AM

I think that your biggest mistake with the character is the name, you should have called him Gladiator and not Centurion because that character is way far from a centurion in all terms and way similar to a Gladiator instead.

I know that the game isn't a history lesson ofc but the character is really too far from the original: the way he fights, the way he looks etc...

http://www.ecomodelismo.com/ECO_imgArt/ROME/ROME-90015.jpg

Hormly
05-14-2017, 12:10 PM
They weren't. They were playing on PC with Controllers. They wouldn't dream of showing off new content and gameplay on a console. Ignorant all round to be honest, console doesn't make everything look clunky. If it did this thread would be asking why the Shinobi looked clunky too, no?

Yeah, I thought Shinobi was totally clunkyalso, in fact

Hormly
05-14-2017, 12:16 PM
alright, I want everyone to take a deep breath and repeat after me; *deep breath*

this is a fantasy game, and is in no way meant to be a representation of historical accuracy. Notice the completely fabricated world, shirtless horned vikings and giant sumo oni with a Kanabo.

Take that into your heart, and realize that pointing out that the centurion is obviously not historically accurate does NOT make you sound smart to the community. The devs are aware of this and so is everyone else. Hell why focus on the cent, when the damn shinobi is some naruto running ninja with kamas chained to his forearms that somehow stretch like rubber bands when he throws them at people.

This is a FIGHTING game, the focus is on making a diverse cast of fun characters. I think the cent looks cool. Cant wait to not play him because I only ever touch the WARLORD

Pincopallino097
05-14-2017, 12:51 PM
alright, I want everyone to take a deep breath and repeat after me; *deep breath*

this is a fantasy game, and is in no way meant to be a representation of historical accuracy. Notice the completely fabricated world, shirtless horned vikings and giant sumo oni with a Kanabo.

Take that into your heart, and realize that pointing out that the centurion is obviously not historically accurate does NOT make you sound smart to the community. The devs are aware of this and so is everyone else. Hell why focus on the cent, when the damn shinobi is some naruto running ninja with kamas chained to his forearms that somehow stretch like rubber bands when he throws them at people.

This is a FIGHTING game, the focus is on making a diverse cast of fun characters. I think the cent looks cool. Cant wait to not play him because I only ever touch the WARLORD

read again my post, you missed a proposition...