PDA

View Full Version : Guide how to make your NAT green

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Hello,
what i have notice that many people lost connection, in my case it happened rare maybe 1-2 times a day and i play for 6-8 hours so i will try to explain in few simple steps how to make NAT green. Playing on WIN 10, but it works for WIn 7 same (tried it before upgrade).

First open file explorer if you don't have shortcut just type in search and it will pop up.
At the left side of your window there should be a lot of shortcuts, look for network shortcut.
Left click at network and it will open new window, than look for shortcut below Network Infrastructure, and right click there than left click properties.
Left click at settings and new window pop up
Left click add and new window pop up, at description of service type in "forhonor.exe"
Below is another section Network IP address there u need to enter your IP adress, so go search type in cmd, after that type in ipconfig and press enter, there u will find your IP adress and just type it in below IP address section.
Below at external port type in 3074 same as for internal port so type there same 3074
last step is to change value from TCP to UDP so check UDP and click OK.
Thats it, next time you enter game your NAT should be green, if its yellow you probably miss type something so do it again.
After day or two your NAT may go red again, just repeat the process and it should be green again.

I hope it will help, cheers!

If this guide worked for you please make a reply and bump it so other people can find it easy, thank you!

teamspirit1
05-13-2017, 07:23 PM
when I click on network it shows my modem icon i.e. cisco.when I right click and go to properties there isn't any settings option.could you please help ?also there is no network infrastructure option.

Hillbill79
05-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Why would you want a green nat with this game?

Its the worst one. Yellow is far better because of how matchmaking works.

The devs run yellow on their live streams, livestreamers run yellow too.

With green Nat, you get matched up with red nats... as a yellow nat, you cant be matched with red. So yellow gives by far the better performance. You don't get lag, you rarely get disconnected.

Most of the complaints about DC's are from green nat users.... never see the yellows complaining.

Gray360UK
05-13-2017, 08:08 PM
I love that I saw this thread title and could also immediately see that the last comment was from Hillbill79 ... all is right in the world ;)

UbiNoty
05-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the help CV_M4st3R_!

You can also reach out to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) for help with opening ports, improving your NAT, etc - and if you use live chat they'll be there to help walk you through everything step-by -step.

Moondyne_MC
05-14-2017, 12:55 AM
Why would you want a green nat with this game?

Its the worst one. Yellow is far better because of how matchmaking works.

The devs run yellow on their live streams, livestreamers run yellow too.

With green Nat, you get matched up with red nats... as a yellow nat, you cant be matched with red. So yellow gives by far the better performance. You don't get lag, you rarely get disconnected.

Most of the complaints about DC's are from green nat users.... never see the yellows complaining.

This still feels anecdotal to me. I cycle between green and yellow NAT quite frequently, and I can say without a doubt that I get disconnected far more with yellow NAT.

I realise what I just stated was also anecdotal, but hey.

Flello
05-14-2017, 02:18 AM
This still feels anecdotal to me. I cycle between green and yellow NAT quite frequently, and I can say without a doubt that I get disconnected far more with yellow NAT.

I realise what I just stated was also anecdotal, but hey.

Hillbill79 is just in denial. His personal experience may be better on a yellow NAT but his statements aren't true. Red (strict) NAT generally has no effect on internet speeds or ping, which is the usual result of lag. It only restricts who you can and can't connect to.

Open (green) NAT is always the best option regardless of any game.

Egotistic_Ez
05-14-2017, 02:54 AM
Hillbill79 is just in denial. His personal experience may be better on a yellow NAT but his statements aren't true. Red (strict) NAT generally has no effect on internet speeds or ping, which is the usual result of lag. It only restricts who you can and can't connect to.

Open (green) NAT is always the best option regardless of any game.

Red NAT causes sync issues. Characters, especially assassins, with red NAT have a tendency to flick or teleport during dodge attacks. You'll also see that "you can execute them now lolz jk" bug far more vs red NAT.

I myself stick with green NAT as most of my errors are during the queue or when someone leaves mid game and if I run into a red NAT that is ruining the game (not all do) I'll simply leave. If Ubi adds quit penalties though I may need to drop it to yellow.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-14-2017, 08:24 AM
when I click on network it shows my modem icon i.e. cisco.when I right click and go to properties there isn't any settings option.could you please help ?also there is no network infrastructure option.

Thats strange because it worked for me on win 7 and win 10 same, what is your windows system? When you click right click on your modem choose properties and when that window pop up on the right side of window there is button settings.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Bump!