PDA

View Full Version : Reverse revenge to break the turtle meta in duels

mathi4s
05-13-2017, 12:40 PM
For some reason there is still revenge in Duels and it never made or will ever make any sense. It even helps the turtling player when it appears.
Anyway. Why don't we take the mechanic and reverse it in all the duels so that the aggresive player gets revenge for not beying a *****. Maybe even make the revenge bar fill sooner so that it actually happens before the duell is over. This would be a major help to any class that does not have a unparryable/unblockable attack that they can do from neutral and oh boy do they need help - Kensei, Berserker, Nobushi, Raider.

There could be a slight problem with Peacekeeper and Valkyrie considering that they'd fill the bar lightning fast and don't need buffs at all.

Bearing in mind that the turtle meta is a problem foremost relevant on the PC. Maybe this change should happen on the PC version of the game only.

Egotistic_Ez
05-13-2017, 01:07 PM
I love the idea of a "stop being a little ****ing *****!" meter, but I think there needs to be a solution that's more embedded in the core mechanics.

mathi4s
05-13-2017, 02:04 PM
I love the idea of a "stop being a little ****ing *****!" meter, but I think there needs to be a solution that's more embedded in the core mechanics.

Yeah, I agree though I kinda lost hope that Ubisoft will find it. In fact of what I've seen I'm convinced that they are not even trying.