PDA

View Full Version : How to calm ganking in for honor

A4einboy
05-12-2017, 10:14 PM
theres a lot of 3v1 and 4v1 in this game going on. since the devs nerfed revenge (really bad idea) why not make friendly fire take the same amount of damage as it would for the enemy that would make them more cosuious before throwing out random hits and taking you down in 2 secs DEVS PLEASE RESPOND

FledgeSRondo
05-12-2017, 10:23 PM
This is why we need to keep catapults as a feat, in lieu of Revenge they're the perfect anti-gank. Catapults: apply directly to the forehead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDqmiJ4isgc

SwellChemosabe
05-12-2017, 10:30 PM
By God man.....I've been ganked many times.....Sometimes I come out on top, most others not so much....but that.....*sniff*.....that was F&#king beautiful....

watsonclan335u
05-12-2017, 10:37 PM
theres a lot of 3v1 and 4v1 in this game going on. since the devs nerfed revenge (really bad idea) why not make friendly fire take the same amount of damage as it would for the enemy that would make them more cosuious before throwing out random hits and taking you down in 2 secs DEVS PLEASE RESPOND

It's part of the game and I always get a chuckle out of it myself when I'm on the receiving end of it. Even the bots gank on you playing ai, so best you just stop crying over it or head over to duel mode...

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Why "calm" something when there's no reason to?

xRocketfishx
05-12-2017, 11:32 PM
What they need to do is make separate ques for premade teams. A team of randoms are immediately at a disadvantage when playing against a premade team and way more susceptible to ganking. There are a lot of things that should be addressed to make a more balanced game. There's only roughly 140 ppl who have a higher overall reputation then I do but I refuse to go back to pvp for numerous reasons. I haven't pvped in 6 weeks probably.

UbiJurassic
05-12-2017, 11:47 PM
We're aware that some members of the community are concerned with the apparent rise in ganking following the nerfs to revenge in patch 1.05. There aren't any direct changes coming to address it currently, but we are monitoring the state of the game carefully. If we see that ganking is an outrageous problem, we'll look to address it in a future patch.

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 11:52 PM
What they need to do is make separate ques for premade teams. A team of randoms are immediately at a disadvantage when playing against a premade team and way more susceptible to ganking. There are a lot of things that should be addressed to make a more balanced game. There's only roughly 140 ppl who have a higher overall reputation then I do but I refuse to go back to pvp for numerous reasons. I haven't pvped in 6 weeks probably.

If they do that the people in a team they will w8 in que for 2.6 years since as it is the player base is 3000-4000 people at its best...and lets say 2000 people play as a team and 2000 play solo now split that 4000 people that play just pve or 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 and you end up with lets say 1500 at its best of people that play as a team now split that even more betwin diferent game modes....like most people do a team of 4 and play vs bots or only dominion or only skirmish or elimination so you will have what ? 250-300 people now splt that in to people at work or offline or people in a game so you will have a team of 4 people that looks for a game for ever and not finding one...as it is the que right now its just a mash up for find a guy and some bots or find guys and start the game and that takes 2-3 minutes or even more.....

AkenoKobayashi
05-12-2017, 11:58 PM
How exactly would someone fix the concept of teaming up on someone? Like...what could be implemented that wouldn't further hinder the gameplay as a whole? Honestly, the best way to fix it is to stop whining about it like it's a legitimate problem with the freaking game. Ganking isn't a bug or an exploit. It's a gameplay behavior of individual players and their team. People CHOOSE to gank or not. In an actual combat situation, would you just let your friend get chopped by a higher skilled opponent? No.

And to say it's "dishonorable", you have to realize that honor is a personal concept. What honor means to one is different to another. Maybe simply winning without using exploits is honorable enough for someone whereas people who think like you feel that every encounter should be a 1v1. (Even though you'd still whine because your opponent beat you in that honorable 1v1.) Don't want to be ganked? Stick with your team. Stop crying about your bad luck and terrible coordination.

FledgeSRondo
05-13-2017, 01:35 AM
How exactly would someone fix the concept of teaming up on someone? Like...what could be implemented that wouldn't further hinder the gameplay as a whole?

Previously ganking was discouraged when the Revenge system was more powerful, since ganging up on an opponent triggered Revenge faster and it was far more deadly. This in turn encouraged more skilled 1v1 play, but at the expense of rewarding coordinated team play. It's a delicate balance for a game that's both an intense 1v1 fighting game and an online multiplayer.

Alustar.
05-13-2017, 02:03 AM
Previously ganking was discouraged when the Revenge system was more powerful, since ganging up on an opponent triggered Revenge faster and it was far more deadly. This in turn encouraged more skilled 1v1 play, but at the expense of rewarding coordinated team play. It's a delicate balance for a game that's both an intense 1v1 fighting game and an online multiplayer.

While that's what was intended, it's not what happened. What did happen, however, was myself and several other 108 geared players would run the map waiting for anyone stupid enough to engage us and hope to god we for a 3v1 because then all we had to do was block 3 times and revenge nuke an entire group.

Also this whole "ganking" topic needs to end, this isn't even ganking. Like none of what's happened is considered ganking as it originally developed.
Ganking was a means of describing a higher level, higher geared player lurking critical quest points and farming kills.

So technically what I was doing f with the revenge build? THAT was ganking.

Like how hard is it to comprehend, skirmish, 4v4. There are four players on both sides. You people make it sound like you regularly get rolled over by some huge Zerg of 12-16 players in one long chain of unblockable attacks.

And point of order, some one point out the game that doesn't take increased amounts of skill needed to take on more enemy at once?
Even in Mario on the NES, you've got one gumba, no probs. ****s cash, one good bounce.
But last I checked, I don't remember a bunch of people lighting the developers on fire because world 8 map whatever not only had 6-10 enemies per frame but you also couldn't see more than 1/8th the frame.

And complaining about premade groups is the dumbest thing ever. You could always just plug in mic or send an invite to your team, maybe? I don't know, learn and adapt instead of complaining: "how dare those players talk to each other and coordinate combos"

But then two seconds later in some other thread that same whiner is going to throw a fit at team mates not working together enough and causing him to lose his kill or worse gets him thrown off a ledge.

FledgeSRondo
05-13-2017, 03:10 AM
Revenge was admittedly pretty OP before the nerf, though ganking can get pretty bad now, too, it's all a balancing act. Fortunately you can still get intense high-level 1v1 play on the field of battle, though it's nowhere near as profitable as the advantages of numbers, especially with certain disabling hero combinations (Shug Demon Embrace, Warlord headbutts or Lawb Pancake Flip).

I always thought ganking was a portmanteau of "gang" and "killing", i.e. that you were outnumbered and killed by a group of other players, though maybe it has different meanings or origins?

Kaotic_CipherTV
05-13-2017, 03:13 AM
Revenge was admittedly pretty OP before the nerf, though ganking can get pretty bad now, too, it's all a balancing act. Fortunately you can still get intense high-level 1v1 play on the field of battle, though it's nowhere near as profitable as the advantages of numbers, especially with certain disabling hero combinations (Shug Demon Embrace, Warlord headbutts or Lawb Pancake Flip).

I always thought ganking was a portmanteau of "gang" and "killing", i.e. that you were outnumbered and killed by a group of other players, though maybe it has different meanings or origins?

Previous post is correct on the term of gank. Ganking implies that a character has no chance against 2 or more people and you are forced into dying. Since the game is built around teamwork and has a set number of players on the field for a fair fight, a players choice in running alone does not make it a gank.

EDIT: A good example of a gank would be a MMORPG. Where you are by yourself in a zone with no other players and suddenly 2 enemy players come out of the shadows and steamroll you. That is a gank.

Karma_Ghost
05-13-2017, 07:57 PM
While that's what was intended, it's not what happened. What did happen, however, was myself and several other 108 geared players would run the map waiting for anyone stupid enough to engage us and hope to god we for a 3v1 because then all we had to do was block 3 times and revenge nuke an entire group.

You literally just confirmed what he said. 2v1 and 3v1 tended to be advantageous to the 1, so it was discouraged.

Also, everyone claiming it's fine because you can just fight as a team yourself seem to be missing an important point. With the long respawn time, long travel time (even slower in S2), and limited long range options, once a team starts to die and the respawns are staggered, there's no way to recover against a coordinated team. Revenge in it's current form doesn't allow the overwhelming majority of players to stall long enough to get help let alone win without a substantial skill gap. It's not particularly difficult to spawn trap teams for the entirety of the match. Once the spawns are staggered, the match turns into a rolling 4v1 or 4v2 scenario. Old revenge was OP, but current revenge doesn't fulfill its original purpose.

Antonioj26
05-13-2017, 08:25 PM
You literally just confirmed what he said. 2v1 and 3v1 tended to be advantageous to the 1, so it was discouraged.

Also, everyone claiming it's fine because you can just fight as a team yourself seem to be missing an important point. With the long respawn time, long travel time (even slower in S2), and limited long range options, once a team starts to die and the respawns are staggered, there's no way to recover against a coordinated team. Revenge in it's current form doesn't allow the overwhelming majority of players to stall long enough to get help let alone win without a substantial skill gap. It's not particularly difficult to spawn trap teams for the entirety of the match. Once the spawns are staggered, the match turns into a rolling 4v1 or 4v2 scenario. Old revenge was OP, but current revenge doesn't fulfill its original purpose.

This cancer of a video is why revenge needed to go. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnFOjYJKx4. This absolute trash player couldn't 1v1 to save his life even with pk in her hayday. He was getting stomped by the orochi not once but twice until he got revenge or power ups. You shouldn't be given the advantage by charging into a group without any sort of tact.

The whole issue with 2 of your teammates being on a different respawn timer is stupid too. You can wait to respawn with them or just avoid a group if you are solo and run til they respawn.

Current revenge is still great and gives you tools no other game would in a "gank" situation. Enhanced damage, enhanced defense, UI, life on activation, eliminAtes bleed build up, knockdown on throws, parrys, bashes and activation. If you can't do something with all of that then that's really on you.

Alustar.
05-13-2017, 08:47 PM

No you misread. As in whole groups of 108s grouping up and blocking three times and wiping players. I was the outlier solo player that would wait to engage the other team in "disadvantageous" 3-4v1 and just spam moves till every thing was dead. It took no skill once I hit revenge. So whether you were part of a group or not, the side with the fastest revenge builds would win.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-13-2017, 09:24 PM
First if you que for 4v4 expect every duel to be interrupted ( by an enemy or an ally) and pls let go this sense of Honor. If this game was called for ledges you guys would cry and complain about being too honorable. Don't expect to always survive a gank, if 2 or more ppl are coming for you and your teammates are still alive then seek help, you're not rooted in place and there's nothing wrong since they tried to take advantage by outnubering you in the first place.. Second if enemies can't disrupt your actions easily (no kicks, sb, etc) then you might consider fighting them and hold on until someone notices that you're in danger..

SendRickPics
05-14-2017, 12:10 AM
We're aware that some members of the community are concerned with the apparent rise in ganking following the nerfs to revenge in patch 1.05. There aren't any direct changes coming to address it currently, but we are monitoring the state of the game carefully. If we see that ganking is an outrageous problem, we'll look to address it in a future patch.

"Some members of the community"? Exactly whom are you taking feedback from? I'd say that the concern is about the same level as those who are "anti-revenge".

Not to mention that your current stance directly contradicts your stance against ganking during the Alpha and Closed Beta, where you wanted "less group fights, and to promote more 1v1 engagements".

Does everyone at Ubisoft have such short memories?

AlexHuaTian
05-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Thats like evry multiplayer game. You never have a chance against people shooting at you from multiple directions. You just learn to play as a team and dont put yourself out of position.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/0fdd/f/2008/260/7/8/yukimura_sanada_by_nocturnal_daisoujou.jpg

Ifs like you want this to be Dynasty Warriors. And everyone who ganks becomes low hp minions who cant fight back.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 01:22 AM
"Some members of the community"? Exactly whom are you taking feedback from? I'd say that the concern is about the same level as those who are "anti-revenge".

Not to mention that your current stance directly contradicts your stance against ganking during the Alpha and Closed Beta, where you wanted "less group fights, and to promote more 1v1 engagements".

Does everyone at Ubisoft have such short memories?

It's time to let her go rhodri, she's never coming back. It's time you move on.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 01:56 AM
It's time to let her go rhodri, she's never coming back. It's time you move on.

My god... he's still talking that crap about "alpha and beta"....?

...after literally zillion people tell him design directives, purposes change, and what the developers originally envision are altered and evolved after coming into contact reality... he still tries that vain argument that tries to refute the developers by quoting a point from the past when the game wasn't even out yet.

It's like arguing the Earth is only 6,000 years old by quoting "scientific" sources from the 19th century, and casually ignoring all the latest discoveries and scientific progress we've made since then. His mind is just "locked" to that "good ol' times", and goes into serious denial whenever it's challenged.

So sad. :rolleyes:

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 01:57 AM
Dbl pst oops

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 02:06 AM
My god... he's still talking that crap about "alpha and beta"....?

...after literally zillion people tell him design directives, purposes change, and what the developers originally envision are altered and evolved after coming into contact reality... he still tries that vain argument that tries to refute the developers by quoting a point from the past when the game wasn't even out yet.

It's like arguing the Earth is only 6,000 years old by quoting "scientific" sources from the 19th century, and casually ignoring all the latest discoveries and scientific progress we've made since then. His mind is just "locked" to that "good ol' times", and goes into serious denial whenever it's challenged.

So sad. :rolleyes:

Sometimes heartbreak leaves a wound that just won't scab. I propose a few of us queue up with him and show him a great night out. You don't need her rhodri, there's plenty of other fish out there. I've heard teamwork and communication have a crush on you.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Sometimes heartbreak leaves a wound that just won't scab. I propose a few of us queue up with him and show him a great night out. You don't need her rhodri, there's plenty of other fish out there. I've heard teamwork and communication have a crush on you.

I admire you for your compassion, Antonio... but sometimes, heartbroken people go to the local gunstore, stock themselves up with weapons, and then start shooting everyone in sight at the local mall until it evidently comes to suicide by cop.

So I don't feel too compassionate about people who are obsessed with something that's already left their lives, and then go nagging and bothering everyone else that's moved on and living happily by badmouthing and pissin' on people with that crazy bum attitude, just like a deadbeat uncle or a local drunk. :rolleyes:

You don't hear out the alcohol smelling bums. You throw them out. We can all talk when he's cleaned up and sober :D, but not before.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 02:30 AM
I admire you for your compassion, Antonio... but sometimes, heartbroken people go to the local gunstore, stock themselves up with weapons, and then start shooting everyone in sight at the local mall until it evidently comes to suicide by cop.

So I don't feel too compassionate about people who are obsessed with something that's already left their lives, and then go nagging and bothering everyone else that's moved on and living happily by badmouthing and pissin' on people with that crazy bum attitude, just like a deadbeat uncle or a local drunk. :rolleyes:

You don't hear out the alcohol smelling bums. You throw them out. We can all talk when he's cleaned up and sober :D, but not before.

I guess tough love can work too, I just like to show people that revenge was far from being necassary and it's most of its strength is still there. Well The offer is on the table and I'm sure alustar wouldn't mind if I volunteered him in having rhodri or anyone else join us for some queues if they are having a rough time with "gankers."

Alustar.
05-14-2017, 02:48 AM
I'm down, it's a lot harder to be so flippantly rude and one sided when you can actually communicate rather than being just letters on a screen. Plus I think out of the 15-20 some odd matches we ran we only lost a handful.

Edit: that's the main thing lacking from the forums. A lot of bickering and not enough pick me ups from the vets to new players.

Maybe start a group or thread or something where new players can get in touch with someone to help them learn the ropes. We often forget the anxiety and pressures on newbies.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 03:02 AM
I'm down, it's a lot harder to be so flippantly rude and one sided when you can actually communicate rather than being just letters on a screen. Plus I think out of the 15-20 some odd matches we ran we only lost a handful.

Edit: that's the main thing lacking from the forums. A lot of bickering and not enough pick me ups from the vets to new players.

Maybe start a group or thread or something where new players can get in touch with someone to help them learn the ropes. We often forget the anxiety and pressures on newbies.

Pretty good idea but I'm too lazy to do it.

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 03:19 AM
Pretty good idea but I'm too lazy to do it.

Yeah... you got me there, too. I'm also lazy as heck...

bananaflow2017
05-14-2017, 10:39 AM
How exactly would someone fix the concept of teaming up on someone? Like...what could be implemented that wouldn't further hinder the gameplay as a whole? Honestly, the best way to fix it is to stop whining about it like it's a legitimate problem with the freaking game. Ganking isn't a bug or an exploit. It's a gameplay behavior of individual players and their team. People CHOOSE to gank or not. In an actual combat situation, would you just let your friend get chopped by a higher skilled opponent? No.

And to say it's "dishonorable", you have to realize that honor is a personal concept. What honor means to one is different to another. Maybe simply winning without using exploits is honorable enough for someone whereas people who think like you feel that every encounter should be a 1v1. (Even though you'd still whine because your opponent beat you in that honorable 1v1.) Don't want to be ganked? Stick with your team. Stop crying about your bad luck and terrible coordination.

Yeah 4 man premade gank Squad playing against 4 random.
U allways have this 1 or 2 random intelligent Boys doing anything senseless on the map.
Simple solution: Aura Effect.the more enemies near u the stronger u get.

Burn-The-Sinner
05-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Get a better team. 4v4 and 2v2 are not Duel modes, they are team modes. So if just get a better team. And is the real challenge as most players are "honorable" ******s.

Alustar.
05-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Premades and random groups literally have the same advantages as each other. The difference is the willingness to communicate for a win. Premades should not be penalized by being forced to only queue with other premades. If you don't like getting rolled by a 4man the maybe, just maybe you should communicate with your team.

I'm really sick of people talking about premades as if they have access to some form of gameplay you yourself cannot replicate.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Premades and random groups literally have the same advantages as each other. The difference is the willingness to communicate for a win. Premades should not be penalized by being forced to only queue with other premades. If you don't like getting rolled by a 4man the maybe, just maybe you should communicate with your team.

I'm really sick of people talking about premades as if they have access to some form of gameplay you yourself cannot replicate.

Meh there's a bit of a difference. It's pretty common in a pug there will be a team of assassins only but usually in premades I think people try to balance things out a bit. Also no matter how many times I tell some rando pk that C is unguarded and he should run to it he may never do it. if I'm playing with you I know you'll steal it right away. Your Less likely to play for yourself/kills when in a premade. I can't count the amount of times I'm down signaling for a Rez while two dummy teammates fight for who gets the kill on a solo guy even though I'm two feet away and they end up dying because they take too long and the rest of his team shows up.

Alustar.
05-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Meh there's a bit of a difference. It's pretty common in a pug there will be a team of assassins only but usually in premades I think people try to balance things out a bit. Also no matter how many times I tell some rando pk that C is unguarded and he should run to it he may never do it. if I'm playing with you I know you'll steal it right away. Your Less likely to play for yourself/kills when in a premade. I can't count the amount of times I'm down signaling for a Rez while two dummy teammates fight for who gets the kill on a solo guy even though I'm two feet away and they end up dying because they take too long and the rest of his team shows up.

And I see that as blind sided behavior on the part of the player. Case and point i classify myself as a solo player. But even a solo player can fill his role in a group.
To me it's just seems like an excuse for people to not communicate and not get punished for it it.

bananaflow2017
05-14-2017, 06:33 PM
And I see that as blind sided behavior on the part of the player. Case and point i classify myself as a solo player. But even a solo player can fill his role in a group.
To me it's just seems like an excuse for people to not communicate and not get punished for it it.

This is not a moba. People have theire mains they play.
And building setups is a big point.
Even in dominion u can see the benefit of the 4 man gank squad is really high.
12 seconds death time is enough to outnumber the enemy in another point.
So basicly dominion turned into skirmsch.
It's no more important to save a point with your heavy class and conquerer perk for example to her the bonus points.
U will get ganked by 3 or 4 players who just control you and kill you.
This is destroying the sense of the game mode itself.
So Yes you right communicating is a big point. But random mates even dont have the possibility to build this setups in a simular strengh.
When I go online I do this the same way.
I look my friendlist and look what players to invite playing the Main character needed for the group. How do random groups do that.
Even if they pick whats needed, they wont help that much cuz they will surely not be as good as they will play theire mains and mainly be under rep 3. This disadvantage is huge.

Alustar.
05-14-2017, 06:41 PM
This is not a moba. People have theire mains they play.
And building setups is a big point.
Even in dominion u can see the benefit of the 4 man gank squad is really high.
12 seconds death time is enough to outnumber the enemy in another point.
So basicly dominion turned into skirmsch.
It's no more important to save a point with your heavy class and conquerer perk for example to her the bonus points.
U will get ganked by 3 or 4 players who just control you and kill you.
This is destroying the sense of the game mode itself.
So Yes you right communicating is a big point. But random mates even dont have the possibility to build this setups in a simular strengh.
When I go online I do this the same way.
I look my friendlist and look what players to invite playing the Main character needed for the group. How do random groups do that.
Even if they pick whats needed, they wont help that much cuz they will surely not be as good as they will play theire mains and mainly be under rep 3. This disadvantage is huge.

You can play your respective hero and still benefit the group, even if the group make up is optimized for one class per person.

A 4 man running a map on dominion will never have effective map control. At that point you can run a two man suicide squad aimed at keeping the herd occupied while the other two run points. Even of the entire squad roaming together and camped on one point they cannot control the others effectively.

I've seen plenty of dominion matches where the losing side still had more collective kills.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2017, 06:46 PM
You can play your respective hero and still benefit the group, even if the group make up is optimized for one class per person.

A 4 man running a map on dominion will never have effective map control. At that point you can run a two man suicide squad aimed at keeping the herd occupied while the other two run points. Even of the entire squad roaming together and camped on one point they cannot control the others effectively.

I've seen plenty of dominion matches where the losing side still had more collective kills.

Exactly this, I had a game where both teams were at 500. I ran into a zone to try and take their last one, pounced a lawbringer on half health emoting over the teammate he just killed so I thought eh easy kill. Turns out there were two of his teammates nearby so I was 1v3.I blocked until revenge popped so I could get out of the corner then I spent more than a minute having three people on the other side try to kill me in a white zone while the other two belonged to my team. In the space of that 60-90 seconds, the scores went from around 500-500 to 900-550 so I assume there was boosting and soldier killing going on pretty much unchecked.My match score? Not my best, 4-2 (my previous match was in the same group and I ended with 10-1), but that one play against three of the other team was a 350 point net gain.

AlexHuaTian
05-14-2017, 06:49 PM
In dominion, gank should be king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9tE0Xl_akw

Otherwise, you are forced to stand as a bystander in every fight. Your team mate hates you for not helping, but if you do help, your team mate dies to revenge. If you walk into a group, you should die to a group.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 07:13 PM
In dominion, gank should be king.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9tE0Xl_akw

Otherwise, you are forced to stand as a bystander in every fight. Your team mate hates you for not helping, but if you do help, your team mate dies to revenge. If you walk into a group, you should die to a group.

You should do top heavies after gb, it's more damage.

Alustar.
05-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Good luck running as a 4 man group roaming as a pack in dominion and actually be able to hold the field.

There is a difference between a 4man squad grouping together and steamrolling the enemy team, and a group of 4 players coordinating and working together to hold objectives.

While both do take team work to a degree, the former mentality is purely focused on kills where as the latter is focused on the objective.

Premade or not THAT is the mentality killing your dominion matches.

wethebishop
05-14-2017, 08:17 PM
It doesn't feel like a huge problem to me. I'm still able to hold my own, but it would be nice to have a better indicator for external GBs.

Alustar.
05-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Most of times I've seen the gang squad roll out is typically when one player camps C so effectively it takes the entire group to push them off it. I'm looking at you Antonioj26.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Most of times I've seen the gang squad roll out is typically when one player camps C so effectively it takes the entire group to push them off it. I'm looking at you Antonioj26.

Lol I live for the guy who continues to try and take my point after failing 5 times in a row. Even better when it's more than one at a time

bananaflow2017
05-14-2017, 10:21 PM
The Gang Squad is the finished. U rush first point with 3 and kill 1 it 2. If there are 2 easy. The 4th Member killsthe third guy. If there is a gut with lower gear Take him. Then u start zoning the 3 guys who should respawn soon.
1 guy left in the field 2 zones are urs.
Then u only have to manage the last kill during the Rest of the team still zone the spawn. If u manage the last kill.
Gang Squad really starts.

Happy spawn camping.
If there are any zones u dont control u can still manage it with 3 ppl. And the 4th takes the zone. U will control 2 zones Rest of the Game nobody will reach them.
Works 4/5 Games gg. Randoms cant manage that.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 10:25 PM
The Gang Squad is the finished. U rush first point with 3 and kill 1 it 2. If there are 2 easy. The 4th Member killsthe third guy. If there is a gut with lower gear Take him. Then u start zoning the 3 guys who should respawn soon.
Then u only have to manage the last kill during the Rest of the team still zone the spawn. If u manage the last kill.

Happy spawn camping.
If there are any zones u dont control u can still manage it with 3 ppl. And the 4th takes the zone. U will control 2 zones Rest of the Game nobody will reach them.

What?

kweassa1917
05-14-2017, 10:44 PM
What?

I think he's talking about some sort of newbie team tactics -- as if people play out dom the same way all the time.

bananaflow2017
05-14-2017, 10:46 PM
What?

Ok easy discribed:
Outnumber zone for zone and block the ways out of theire spawn until you reach it with 4 Players and dont Let them out of it.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2017, 10:48 PM

Happy spawn camping.

I can't say I have run into more than two or three games where that actually worked to the point the other team had no chance. If anything games have been more even now people can't revenge every three hits.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 10:53 PM
I think he's talking about some sort of newbie team tactics -- as if people play out dom the same way all the time.

I read this like three times so I think I get what he's saying and without any sort of exaggeration this has literally not once ever happened to me. Just all respawn at the same time and have 1 or two guys run and cap the poaunts while the rest of the team fights. Again this has never happened to me so I find it hard to believe it happens 4/5 times

bananaflow2017
05-14-2017, 11:12 PM
I read this like three times so I think I get what he's saying and without any sort of exaggeration this has literally not once ever happened to me. Just all respawn at the same time and have 1 or two guys run and cap the poaunts while the rest of the team fights. Again this has never happened to me so I find it hard to believe it happens 4/5 times

I Play on console. My enemies only have ping Chat most times.
Theire disadvantge of communication is pretty high.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2017, 11:17 PM

I also play on console and it rarely happens. Now people can't revenge so quick matches end a lot more even in my experience.

Antonioj26
05-14-2017, 11:43 PM

I also play on console and use my mic when I need to communicate to my teams. Like I said I find it hard to believe this has happened to you more than handful of times when it's literally never happened to me and at most 3 times to candle.

CandleInTheDark
05-14-2017, 11:57 PM
I also play on console and use my mic when I need to communicate to my teams. Like I said I find it hard to believe this has happened to you more than handful of times when it's literally never happened to me and at most 3 times to candle.

And even if people try it there are ways of working it to your advantage. I have a minimum revenge gain and duration build, I have taken chunks out of a conqueror while keeping a nobushi to my right, triggered revenge, finished the conqueror then took the nobushi 1v1, I also used it to survive a 1v3 for over a minute dodging and twice popping it, I could have run at any time before they finally got me but every second I was there their only controlled zone was white and they were further and further behind. Those are just examples from today.

Antonioj26
05-15-2017, 12:05 AM
And even if people try it there are ways of working it to your advantage. I have a minimum revenge gain and duration build, I have taken chunks out of a conqueror while keeping a nobushi to my right, triggered revenge, finished the conqueror then took the nobushi 1v1, I also used it to survive a 1v3 for over a minute dodging and twice popping it, I could have run at any time before they finally got me but every second I was there their only controlled zone was white and they were further and further behind. Those are just examples from today.

This, and honestly if this does happen the match is going to be over insanely quick with 3 capped points and you can move onto the next. Spawn camping just isn't a real issue in this game.

Alustar.
05-15-2017, 01:28 AM

I'm now at the point where I can survive against 3-4 opponents more often. It's easier in skirmish cause I rank up faster, but in a good dominion where I can capitalize off bleed damage, oh yeah, I can wipe a group in seconds.

Still waiting for my hate mail... :(

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 01:50 AM

It works like that in games where are a lot of newbies on both sides.

Newbies don't really have any tactical sense of where to fight and when to fight, so they tend to overextend themselves by just running straight towards where the enemy is... sort of like Spartans -- "us Spartans do not ask HOW MANY they are, only WHERE they are" -- except these guys are newbies, so they're like a pale, sucky version of Spartans with no brains. Also, they have no situational awareness at all, so they are generally unaware and uninterested with what's happening around their teammates.

So they tend to separate doing whatever they think is needed, get cornered and destroyed one by one, and all their spawn times are different, and yet as soon as they respawn they just run straight toward where 2~3 enemies are already camped out, go bash their heads to it, then die. Another of his teammate arrives on the scene too late, so now he's also alone, and he dies... and then another one comes walking in... and also dies.

This is ESPECIALLY common when strong duelists in the enemy team take position in the side zone that is closer to your spawn. He's a pretty good and skilled, so one person goes to retake it, gets killed. Another one goes to retake it, then gets killed as well... so this time 2~3 of your team all hordes up to that side zone, but by this time, the rest of the enemy team takes control of all the other zones and comes as reinforcements to help their teammate. So by this time, the enemy controls 2 of the zones, all of your team is horded at that one side node, and all of their team also comes to that node... and the score parts to something like 50 - 900.

It's sorta like lemmings running towards their doom one by one against superior numbers of enemies. So after that happens, they come to these forums and complain about how "ganking" is ruining there game.

So it's a common occurence in PUG matches.

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 01:51 AM
I'm now at the point where I can survive against 3-4 opponents more often. It's easier in skirmish cause I rank up faster, but in a good dominion where I can capitalize off bleed damage, oh yeah, I can wipe a group in seconds.

Still waiting for my hate mail... :(

Oooh... bad news alustar... see, v1.07 says "DoT stats no longer influenced by attack damage...."... so... :D

Alustar.
05-15-2017, 03:49 AM
Oooh... bad news alustar... see, v1.07 says "DoT stats no longer influenced by attack damage...."... so... :D

And doing there goes my entire build. :( I love how i start using certain things in games and then devs are like "No bad Alu! You're not allowed to have any good toys."

kweassa1917
05-15-2017, 04:01 AM
And doing there goes my entire build. :( I love how i start using certain things in games and then devs are like "No bad Alu! You're not allowed to have any good toys."

...then I hate to remind you that they also getting rid of cooldown reduction... there goes MY flashbang-PK ....*sniff* :(

CandleInTheDark
05-15-2017, 09:47 AM
...then I hate to remind you that they also getting rid of cooldown reduction... there goes MY flashbang-PK ....*sniff* :(

And my crossbow >.> killed last person half a screen away with that yesterday lol

CoyoteXStarrk
05-15-2017, 09:50 AM
The cooldown reduction goiing away I think is a stealthy candidate for best improvement.

The amount of people that spammed feats is just ridiculous. Like the Zerkers who litter an entire point with bear traps and flashbangs.