PDA

View Full Version : Should I still buy the game?

GONY100
05-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone, I was thinking of getting For Honor but I don't know if I should. I played the Open Beta but then had a lot of stuff to do but now after watching some videos it looks like everyone in the game is high level and if I will join a match I will immidietly be put up against very strong players that I have no chance against. I also heard the population is pretty low and only players that have stayed from the beggining and have put time into the game are still playing. But I really like the gameplay and I want a game where I could really master a class while looking really cool. I will also be playing on PC, If that matters. I would like a suggestion on whether to buy the game or not, thanks in advance.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 12:25 PM
If you are a fighting game enthusiast, I'd recommend it.

However, if you perhaps think FH is more of a casual hack&slash swordplay action game with some fighting game elements to it with cool moves and stuff, then I'd not. Quite amazing as it is, FH qualifies as a serious fighting game genre which is notoriously difficult for casual players to adapt with a hellish learning curve. If you have prior experience with 3D fighting games like Tekken or Virtua Fighter or Soul Caliburm you'll understand what I mean.

Weird_Eagle
05-12-2017, 12:37 PM

However, if you perhaps think FH is more of a casual hack&slash swordplay action game with some fighting game elements to it with cool moves and stuff, then I'd not. Quite amazing as it is, FH qualifies as a serious fighting game genre which is notoriously difficult for casual players to adapt with a hellish learning curve. If you have prior experience with 3D fighting games like Tekken or Virtua Fighter or Soul Caliburm you'll understand what I mean.

You are so right.
My last fighting game I played was Tekken 1 on console.
Now I play for honor and I get rekt a lot.
But after investigating some time into this game I'm getting better and better.
I think he should give it a go.
It's amazing.
I played a lot against bots and when you easy kill the level 3 bots you can say, you are better then 50% of the player base.
Play it, we need fresh blood on the battlefield :D

Mia.Nora
05-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Game is awesome, but barely works. It has very serious technical issues that may never go away.

If you are ok with rolling the dice every match to see it will play till the end without errors, then I say buy it.
If you would not be satisfied with anything less than industry standards, this game wont be able to give you that.

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 01:04 PM
NO ! Do NOT buy it ! The player base is relly down right now its not worth paying 60 euros for a game that might die in 2 months or so....right now it takes 3-4 minutes to find a game unles you play 1v1 2/2 or dominion the other modes ir dead and gues what you ghet quests(orders) for the dead game modes....to force you to play...eather way just DONT BUY IT ! its a waste of money go buy witcher 3 + dlc's you will thank me later !

Weird_Eagle
05-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Hmm some says the game died two month ago?
Still playing.
Connectivity gets better and better.
8-9 out of 10 games work perfect.
Btw I have red NAT type ;)

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Still playing.

I only still play the game coz i wasted 100 euros on the game....i do hope the game will die so i can stop torturing my self....

Just tell the guy the truth that its not worth buying the game now and if you do end up vs people with high GS you ir pretty much 2 hit dead....i can 2 shot people with my PK so tell me what chance wold a guy like hem have starting from 0 ??

So buy the game ??? well ??

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/hhn.gif

Weird_Eagle
05-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Hahaha you two hit people with pk?
Ololololol
Yes tell him the truth

Weird_Eagle
05-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Ololololol
Yes tell him the truth
:rolleyes:

Captain-Courage
05-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Still playing.

Which means with the current P2P system that it's a hassle for every player fighting with or against you since you must lag like hell and be the source of numerous desynchs.
You won't see this on your end till your connection seems to be crappy anyways, but others must not have quite a smooth gameplay experience when playing with you.
As a Red NAT player with the current systelm, you are basically a burden, connection wise, for every others in every game you join.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Which means with the current P2P system that it's a hassle for every player fighting with or against you since you must lag like hell and be the source of numerous desynchs.
You won't see this on your end till your connection seems to be crappy anyways, but others must not have quite a smooth gameplay experience when playing with you.
As a Red NAT player you are basically a burden, connectivition wise, for every others in every game you join.

Working fine as of v1.04, thx.

Really sorry for you living in a world of crappy ISPs. I hear Europe and China is also terrible.

Captain-Courage
05-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Working fine as of v1.04, thx.

Really sorry for you living in a world of crappy ISPs. I hear Europe and China is also terrible.

Are you kinda high or something ?
I have a green NAT.
Basically it's my connection which serves as a crutch for users with crappy Intenret and red NAT, who are the ones causing desynchs and lags, and allows them to play ...

That's also why a lot of players tries to stay with a yellow NAT, and not go green.
Matchmaking tries to auomatically pair red nat users with green ones to serve as a crutch, meaning as a green NAT player, you have more chance to experience clunky gameplay since you will be more often paired with players with crappy internet.

Lyskir
05-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Still playing.

i have green Nat and everytime a red NAT type joins a game, i get a disconnected, thx for that -_-
You only able to play decent because the green NAT types has to compensate for your bad connection

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Are you kinda high or something ?
I have a green NAT.
Basically it's my connection which serves as a crutch for users with crappy Intenret and red NAT, who are the ones causing desynchs and lags, and allows them to play ...

That's also why a lot of players tries to stay with a yellow NAT, and not go green.
Matchmaking tries to auomatically pair red nat users with green ones to serve as a crutch, meaning as a green NAT player, you have more chance to experience clunky gameplay since you will be more often paired with players with crappy internet.

Hey, sorry for your loss. It sucks to be living around people with crappy connections, huh.

Me, like said, I'm fine. Never had a shaky moment since v1.04. So something the devs did worked for me.

I wish I could say I feel your pain and all that bullshi*, but I can't, nor do I want to. LOL

EDG_Avocado
05-12-2017, 03:30 PM
game is dead on PC. very high activity status game modes take 3 minutes to find .
medium activity takes 10 minutes which is most for game modes.
low activity takes an hour or two to find. 2k players on pc.
Game is pretty dead but gameplay is still cool

DrExtrem
05-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Ololololol
Yes tell him the truth

It is possible - not easy vs. experienced players but possible.

Sharpen blade and tripple stab (I count it as one hit) followed by a side heavy.

Even if you are not good against players - the bots are quite good. Ok ... the steps from 1 to 2 and 3 are brutal and bots quite often enter ESL Pro league level but the game is playable vs. AI.

If you can get it with a discount, its ok.

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 04:24 PM
game is dead on PC. very high activity status game modes take 3 minutes to find .

This...i do hear on console the game is great....

JamaasK
05-12-2017, 07:55 PM
I'd recommend this game even if you aren't into fighting games. Maybe I just haven't explored the genre, but the only experience I've had with fighting games was Tekken 5 and that alone. Even then, I was just button mashing waiting for something to happen.

I think this game is very easy to get a hold of in terms of basic mechanics, afterward, you will grasp the technical stuff in no time. But since it looks like you already enjoyed the game, I'd say get it.
You will most likely have a hard time getting started since your opponents will have more game knowledge, so I'd recommend playing against AIs for a couple games, or even playing all characters vs. AIs to learn their movesets before heading into matchmaking. People in 4v4s aren't that good comared to some players in duels who only play duels, so it's not that overwhelming.

As for the playerbase on PC (at least in my region), certain gamemodes will be quiet most of the time (unless there are orders around it) and the game will be more lively during active hours. You might come across people you've seen before here and there, but it's not that bad.

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 08:28 PM

You want me to record my "very high"s and "medium"s?

The initial matching starts out with regional. Then moves over to extra-regional.

You live in some desolate jungle or something?

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 10:53 PM
You want me to record my "very high"s and "medium"s?

The initial matching starts out with regional. Then moves over to extra-regional.

You live in some desolate jungle or something?

He might of exagerated with 1 hour...but still you cant say the game has a long que time...

Bob__Gnarly
05-13-2017, 01:13 AM
No, wait til it goes on special.

Iskaroth
05-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Depends. If you like MOBA playstyle you probably should buy it(on console cause game's nealry dead on PC) but if youre more into fighting games, For Honor will become boring real fast - its a very shallow game, pretty much QTE in medieval setting.

Juuzaam
05-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone, I was thinking of getting For Honor but I don't know if I should.
Easy call, from someone with more than 200h ingame: NO!!!! :mad: The game is like an awesome cake, but you have to eat it at the beach, on a realy windy day....
It looks great and got some potenzial, but thats it...everything is else is close to a disaster.

It is not worth the price of 60, if you like fighting games...in 3 weeks will be the release of Tekken7 FR, which will be cheaper and had a developemnt for over 2 years. An online testet and working matchmaker, with stable games and a rounded balance between the chars.

At the current state nothing works in for honor, like realy: nothing.
I We got a AAA title, with an ingame shop, ingame currency & a horrible grind, you have to deal with if you start.
II The salvage system, faction war, community events are all jokes.
III Herobalance is out of control for 3(?) months and Ubi tries to fix it, on the pace of a snail. Ubi is great at releasing more stuff we can buy, but 3 weeks in a row we got announced that the raider will be reworked, rebalanced...the fix will be next "week".
IV The gameplay is atm far away from enjoyable, just take a look at the way the current 1v1 tournaments are played.

You think thats all? Not even close thats been, the things you can deal with as a player, but what about this:
V the performance of the game is a joke, i still have to deactivate a core on every startup to get more frames because the engine sux.
VI we got random crashes on startup and ingame, every streamer can tell you about how often he has to restart the game.
VII disconects are another problem, realy frustrating. "P2P wont be a problem" -UbiHonor 2017 My ***!
VIII Ragequits, the com became so salty that i got a leaver in like 40% of my games in 4v4 modes. This can not be easily fixed in a week by punishing people. You need to seperate these people, something Ubi is not aware. Do i have to mention that the game sometimes crashes if someone is leaving a match..."P2P wont be a problem"
IX crashing parties. Sometimes you just cant play with a friend in a party. You cant invite him, he cant invite you. Deal with it.

And this is still not everything, a lot small, unknown or unimportant things could be mentioned:
We got a lot bugs in game, Ubi isnt even aware, like showing wrong stats or not showing any stats at all. ****ty controls, or no custom gamepad support.
The singleplayers is meh and you have to be online to play it, something Ubi can not always guarantee it
No real practise mode, with damage stats, custom setting like Ai inputs...nothing any beat em up got...for the last 15 years.
Super annoying "off playtime" It takes like 3 minutes to find a game, waiting for the other players, selecting a hero, the gear & feats...just to play like 7 minutes. And after this you have to go 3 different score screens and start all over again. My overall gametime is like 200h, my pvp-time at slightly above 100h.
Reporting players, for massiv insulting doesnt even have an option, while the system to report a player is utterly bad. It only works in the lobby. Not ingame, not in chat or anything.

So should you realy buy such a game? Not for this price! The majority of "us" is basicly wasting time and desperatly wainting for better times.
(And if you still think you might want to buy it. Take a look at steam: Only 46% gave it a positive review, in the last 30 days, only 35%. Or steamcharts: the playerbase is still dropping and this is not because the hype is gone...i mentioned why people are leaving the game)

I am personaly telling my friends: "I like the game, i have fun, but do not buy it! It is probably not even worth playing if it becomes f2p. It is a piece of ****" *followed by a lot insults towards Ubisoft and the promise to never buy an Ubi game again.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone, I was thinking of getting For Honor but I don't know if I should. I played the Open Beta but then had a lot of stuff to do but now after watching some videos it looks like everyone in the game is high level and if I will join a match I will immidietly be put up against very strong players that I have no chance against. I also heard the population is pretty low and only players that have stayed from the beggining and have put time into the game are still playing. But I really like the gameplay and I want a game where I could really master a class while looking really cool. I will also be playing on PC, If that matters. I would like a suggestion on whether to buy the game or not, thanks in advance.

Well i personally don't have DC issues like some players complain, i keep my NAT green and get DC 1-2 a day and thats not a big deal. Game is like a pearl but needs time to be polished, there are so many things that make this game great, like customization, unique gameplay etc. Considering last trailer form devs and interview they look at this game for a long term period project and thats promising. I would say yes.

Alustar.
05-13-2017, 05:49 PM

Listen to this opinion, it's actually as non-bias as you will get.

Easy call, from someone with more than 200h ingame: NO!!!! :mad: The game is like an awesome cake, but you have to eat it at the beach, on a realy windy day....
It looks great and got some potenzial, but thats it...everything is else is close to a disaster.

It is not worth the price of 60, if you like fighting games...in 3 weeks will be the release of Tekken7 FR, which will be cheaper and had a developemnt for over 2 years. An online testet and working matchmaker, with stable games and a rounded balance between the chars.

I We got a AAA title, with an ingame shop, ingame currency & a horrible grind, you have to deal with if you start.
III Herobalance is out of control for 3(?) months and Ubi tries to fix it, on the pace of a snail. Ubi is great at releasing more stuff we can buy, but 3 weeks in a row we got announced that the raider will be reworked, rebalanced...the fix will be next "week".
IV The gameplay is atm far away from enjoyable, just take a look at the way the current 1v1 tournaments are played.

You think thats all? Not even close thats been, the things you can deal with as a player, but what about this:
V the performance of the game is a joke, i still have to deactivate a core on every startup to get more frames because the engine sux.
VI we got random crashes on startup and ingame, every streamer can tell you about how often he has to restart the game.
VII disconects are another problem, realy frustrating. "P2P wont be a problem" -UbiHonor 2017 My ***!
VIII Ragequits, the com became so salty that i got a leaver in like 40% of my games in 4v4 modes. This can not be easily fixed in a week by punishing people. You need to seperate these people, something Ubi is not aware. Do i have to mention that the game sometimes crashes if someone is leaving a match..."P2P wont be a problem"
IX crashing parties. Sometimes you just cant play with a friend in a party. You cant invite him, he cant invite you. Deal with it.

And this is still not everything, a lot small, unknown or unimportant things could be mentioned:
We got a lot bugs in game, Ubi isnt even aware, like showing wrong stats or not showing any stats at all. ****ty controls, or no custom gamepad support.
The singleplayers is meh and you have to be online to play it, something Ubi can not always guarantee it
No real practise mode, with damage stats, custom setting like Ai inputs...nothing any beat em up got...for the last 15 years.
Super annoying "off playtime" It takes like 3 minutes to find a game, waiting for the other players, selecting a hero, the gear & feats...just to play like 7 minutes. And after this you have to go 3 different score screens and start all over again. My overall gametime is like 200h, my pvp-time at slightly above 100h.
Reporting players, for massiv insulting doesnt even have an option, while the system to report a player is utterly bad. It only works in the lobby. Not ingame, not in chat or anything.

So should you realy buy such a game? Not for this price! The majority of "us" is basicly wasting time and desperatly wainting for better times.
(And if you still think you might want to buy it. Take a look at steam: Only 46% gave it a positive review, in the last 30 days, only 35%. Or steamcharts: the playerbase is still dropping and this is not because the hype is gone...i mentioned why people are leaving the game)

I am personaly telling my friends: "I like the game, i have fun, but do not buy it! It is probably not even worth playing if it becomes f2p. It is a piece of ****" *followed by a lot insults towards Ubisoft and the promise to never buy an Ubi game again.

Don't listen to this, over half of these complaints aren't even things, and the other half have already been addressed and or fix.

Also, I just want to point this out, listening to steam reviews means you are listening to a bunch of 12-18 year old kids complain about how they can put together a better game.

Infidel.Castro
05-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Game is far from dead on PC. No idea why people keep spouting this crap.

RatedChaotic
05-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Connectivity issues, input delay issues, bugs and exploits, matchmaking issues, toxic players/rage quitting/trash talkers, not receiving rewards......Ya there are better pvp games out there and better ones on the way. I'd recommend getting a different game. Now dont get me wrong I enjoy this game and love its concept but it is plaqued with so many issues I'd rather pvp elsewhere.

Honestly I dont see how people can stand to form tournaments in this mess. Its funny watching people form tournaments yet they have to monitor which exploits and bugs are ok to use and which ones are not. Right there is enough proof to me the competitive play in this game is nonexistent. Just read the latest upcoming pc tournament thread. Most of us dont have the luxury of having judges in our matches.

Overall the pve is ok but the MP is one of the worst imo.

EDG_Avocado
05-13-2017, 06:39 PM

It is not worth the price of 60€, if you like fighting games...in 3 weeks will be the release of Tekken7 FR, which will be cheaper and had a developemnt for over 2 years. An online testet and working matchmaker, with stable games and a rounded balance between the chars.

Agreed with everything. THis game would have been a great april fools joke. But it wasn't released on april fools.

TeRRoRSquADI
05-13-2017, 07:26 PM
As is the game so far, I would not recommend buying it. Since the latest patch a lot of people including myself have been spammed with disconnection errors when I know it's nothing on my side. Ubisoft has been dropping the ball over and over. The CEO talks crap about PC gamer calling us all "pirates", but I'm pretty sure the " pirates" could push out a better game.

zide-
05-13-2017, 07:36 PM
There are still connection issues, the game is still unbalanced (balance probably gets broken even further after new classes), so no do not buy it unless you get for cheap. I would wait until fall.

SwellChemosabe
05-13-2017, 09:41 PM
It goes back and forth for me as far as connectivity goes. Somedays I can't get more than three games in because of bad connections, other days I can play allllll day without a single disconnect. As for being matched with experienced players, I also suggest playing against some bots for practice. Don't even sweat high gear scores, just because someone has a rep 15 gs 108 doesn't mean they'll stomp you, sometimes they will suck. The game is currently being worked on by the devs, a new season is coming up, there's still connection issues for some players, but i believe the game will get better with time, like many other games. If you're still on the fence after all of this info, maybe just wait until it's at a discount with gold or the price lowers a bit.

TheLastPandaa
05-13-2017, 11:45 PM
Ubisoft took a huge risk by daring to develop a game like this with such innovative mechanics and gameplay. In my opinion they ended with game like no other until now.

The closest thing we had to a sword fighting game until now was Dark Souls' pvp. Has anyone tried playing Dark Souls after playing For Honor for a few weeks?
I have been a lover of the souls saga since Demons Souls and it has always seemed to me that their game mechanics were brilliant ... until I came back to play it the day that the last dlc of Dark Souls 3 went on sale. The feeling I had playing that last DLC: This is ridiculous. How could this game system look good to me once?

The reason is not that the mechanics of souls games are bad, but because the game system of For Honor, despite its failures with the defensive meta, bugs, conection issues and glitches, is something sensational.

I still have faith in this game. From my point of view it still deserves the trust of the community, if only for the courage (and risk) that Ubisoft has shown in creating something so different, so innovative of what until now existed in the market.

To answer your question: Is it worth buying it? For me the answer is a resounding YES. Worth buying. Worth every penny it costs.

Edit to add:
I forgot to mention that despite the hundreds of hours I've spent since the beta, to this day I still have a great time every time I play.