PDA

View Full Version : GB beats attacks that have already started???

Harryvok
05-12-2017, 11:39 AM
I've had some iffy times when I'm sure my attack came out before a guard break, but the guar break won, but there's been a few times I've literally been almost half way through a heavy attack and been guard broken. How is this possible? The games haven't seemed laggy (well, more than usual) when this has happened. Am I missing something?

Tyrjo
05-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Happens when I use heavy attack a lot. The animation has started and I hear heros attack sound, yet I was guard broken.

Draghmar
05-12-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't know if it's intended or not but it works same way as interrupting heavy with light but only before indicator flashes.

Harryvok
05-12-2017, 12:01 PM
I can only assume horrible net code as I'm sure you are not meant to be guard broken if you've already started an attack. Then again, I've started my guard break before their attack and somehow their attack has won also. Really ruins the experience.

vgrimr_J
05-12-2017, 12:04 PM
they need to prioritize HEAVY over GB

DrinkinMyStella
05-12-2017, 12:15 PM
yea i noticed that as well, maybe its a bug or intentional?

kweassa1917
05-12-2017, 12:38 PM
yea i noticed that as well, maybe its a bug or intentional?

Heavy attacks up to the feint window can be GBd, but some classes do it better than others -- for example those with crazy long GB reaches like the Lawb.

SnugglesIV
05-12-2017, 02:11 PM
You can GB a heavy attack during the wind up frame. The timing is very short though, so that's why it can be inconsistent at times. However it is an intended mechanic..

DrExtrem
05-12-2017, 03:25 PM
It works quite good but the time window is pretty small.

Bots love to do it however.

It also works the other way around. Bots love to interrupt my GB, by starting a heavy attack right after I press the GB button but short before the GB indicator pops up. In this case, you try to GB into a running attack, which is not possible. You get staggered and eat the bots heavy.

Only bots can do it regularly, because the time windows are very small. Still drives you crazy.