PDA

View Full Version : New stats for equipment

HOTMOMMABETTY
05-11-2017, 08:14 PM
I am very excited for the changes to armor and weapons stats for a more diverse range of builds. But I am wondering what is going to happen to my current armor stats once the change happens. Will there random stats assigned to the equipment I worked so hard to get or is there a way to predict what the new stats will be on everything I already own.

FledgeSRondo
05-11-2017, 10:40 PM
I'm very concerned myself. Right now on my Warden alone I have over 20 different gear items with maxed stats that I switch between for tweaking different loadout playstyles and strategies, many of which I also used steel/salvage to change their looks (no real world money involved whatsoever, all of it earned through hundreds of hours playing). I would be pretty sore if the new system completely nullified all my hard work, or at the very least didn't compensate players for any losses in their time, steel, salvage and effort put into their presents builds.

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 11:36 PM
I'll try to answer as best as I can.

The new gear stats you'll receive will need to conform to the new gear stat system, but you won't be able to predict the new stats on the gear you currently own. We realize that this means some of you may not be satisfied with the roll on your gear, so we'll be giving all players 4 scavenger crates and 12 days of championship status - the crates should give you a boost as you go about reworking your gear and the champ status will help you gain more loot when you play. So hopefully you'll be able to get to your ideal stat build at an accelerated rate, and it may also give you time and incentive to play around with new and different builds.

Full gear stats revamp writeup. (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-290121-16/season-2-gear-stats-revamp)

FledgeSRondo
05-12-2017, 01:23 AM
Well that's very encouraging to hear, thank you very much for the information UbiNoty.

Porch-Skunk
05-12-2017, 03:24 AM
Considering some of us spent quite a lot of money on this game, to get 4 crates to make up for it.....kinda ****ed up to be honest. Lets be real and honest here, ive spent over a hundred dollars on my gear, and ur gonna give me 4 crates and 12 days of free subscription? lol...im just sayin, thats a little messed up since giving us crates doesnt even cost you guys a penny. Only your consumer loses in this gear update. How can i not feel like a customer who was baited and switched in this situation? I play on ps4 and pc, and ive spent a hundred on steel for each platform. Some players might see this as crazy, but it does not change the fact I have done so. Now i feel cheated.

FledgeSRondo
05-12-2017, 04:21 AM
Considering some of us spent quite a lot of money on this game, to get 4 crates to make up for it.....kinda ****ed up to be honest. Lets be real and honest here, ive spent over a hundred dollars on my gear, and ur gonna give me 4 crates and 12 days of free subscription? lol...im just sayin, thats a little messed up since giving us crates doesnt even cost you guys a penny. Only your consumer loses in this gear update. How can i not feel like a customer who was baited and switched in this situation? I play on ps4 and pc, and ive spent a hundred on steel for each platform. Some players might see this as crazy, but it does not change the fact I have done so. Now i feel cheated.

That... that is a, uhh, a LOT of money... uhh wow... lol now I see why Ubisoft has microtransactions in the game. I somewhat sympathize, I personally didn't spend any real-world cash like you but I did drop a lot of real-world time into the gear system, and in your specific instance having spent over $200 of your own money with only 4 crates and 12 days of Champion status as compensation admittedly doesn't seem like very much at all (though for most players it probably would be). I wonder if the dev team could programmatically allot more crates and Championship status days proportional to use cases like yours, maybe based on actual gear scores in the game or overall steel spent specifically on gear? Though sometimes even upgraded gear gets salvaged, so it might not be possible to perform a comprehensive calculation (unless Ubisoft keeps track of those spending metrics across your play history).

Porch-Skunk
05-12-2017, 05:19 AM
As a long time gamer, I have found that most game company's when making such a huge change to peoples stuff will tend to give back what they lose. If my stats get reset, I should get back what I put in, not just be at a loss. Increasing stats on a piece of gear costs a **** load of steel, and possibly all of my characters gear will have this problem? Do you know how much steel that is when taking both my accounts into consideration, both of which are gold edition? On gear alone thats in the ball park of 50k steel on upgrades if not more, which without bonus steel is 50 dollars on the store page. 4 crates...lol...thats like a slap on the ***, and the 12 days of "subscription" (its a god damn subscription) is a "go out and get em...for 12 days..." after the *** slap.

Granted, with the release of epic gear, I probably wont even be using my current gear that much longer anyways, it would just get replaced. But that is not the issue, its the core of the situation which is my loss of stats that I paid good money to have on my characters. Whats to say another change wont come along later down the road and **** me all over again? Another 4 crates?

Am I gonna quit? **** no, I love for honor. Theirs nothing you can do to someone that has you by the balls, but maybe voicing my opinion and Ubi seeing things from where I am coming from might make them more aware of the consequences of the changes they make for players like me (I am sure I am not the only one to buy steel on here). As a loyal, and clearly big spending, customer I just expected to be better taken care of with matters such as these.

HOTMOMMABETTY
05-12-2017, 05:24 AM
That... that is a, uhh, a LOT of money... uhh wow... lol now I see why Ubisoft has microtransactions in the game. I somewhat sympathize, I personally didn't spend any real-world cash like you but I did drop a lot of real-world time into the gear system, and in your specific instance having spent over $200 of your own money with only 4 crates and 12 days of Champion status as compensation admittedly doesn't seem like very much at all (though for most players it probably would be). I wonder if the dev team could programmatically allot more crates and Championship status days proportional to use cases like yours, maybe based on actual gear scores in the game or overall steel spent specifically on gear? Though sometimes even upgraded gear gets salvaged, so it might not be possible to perform a comprehensive calculation (unless Ubisoft keeps track of those spending metrics across your play history).

Let's be honest here. They don't care about you or how much money you have spent. They only care about dividends for shareholders. The 14 days of champion status is worthless when you can't even finish a game because the servers kick you 90% of the time during peak hours

SuomiKissa
05-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Derisory compensation, in relation to what I have to use resources to get a full 108 turn of character.

Calculate what costs to get updated 108 gears? Much iron and money. Too many games have to be played.

My gear my character goes completely redone, because so many ability is removed, that I have used.

If they move directly one relationship together (as shown in the pictures), the gearbox becomes poor. And changing them 4 crates can hardly succeed. They also need to upgrade them back to the 108 level with money and iron.

* Myself went to a certain pommel gear for 4 days, lots of money, matches and crates.

xATMxLILMARC
05-12-2017, 10:01 AM

Why would you spend over $100 on gear? 😂😂😂 just play the game and youll see it doesnt take long to level up.

Porch-Skunk
05-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I know its crazy XD but it still does not change that they sell a product on their game for real money and then do not honor what you buy with it. They can just take it away and not actually have to give any real compensation. What ever the reason for me buying things was, I still spent real money on it. I should be getting back what I put in if their gonna strip my items of what I wanted. It is like collecting cards or something to that effect. You spend money to get what you WANT and then weeks later the company shows up and gives you some random ******** and says "sorry, we changed some things, you cannot have these any more. Hope you like your new ****, here are some coupons to our store worth about 18 dollars".

Again, new gear is coming out and it will replace my old gear I am sure, but that does not mean I do not want my old ****. If you cannot make it so they can pick the stats they want on their weapons and have those fully upgraded, the customer should get resources to re stat their gear. When a game changes talents (like in wow) you get your talent points back. The difference between talents in WoW and gear on for honor is very different, but the end cost to the company is the ****ing same. ZERO.

Ah well though, no point in posting really, I was just mad when I found out. Ubi does not actually give a **** about its customers so I just gatta suck it up.

Egotistic_Ez
05-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I know its crazy XD but it still does not change that they sell a product on their game for real money and then do not honor what you buy with it. They can just take it away and not actually have to give any real compensation. What ever the reason for me buying things was, I still spent real money on it. I should be getting back what I put in if their gonna strip my items of what I wanted. It is like collecting cards or something to that effect. You spend money to get what you WANT and then weeks later the company shows up and gives you some random ******** and says "sorry, we changed some things, you cannot have these any more. Hope you like your new ****, here are some coupons to our store worth about 18 dollars".

Again, new gear is coming out and it will replace my old gear I am sure, but that does not mean I do not want my old ****. If you cannot make it so they can pick the stats they want on their weapons and have those fully upgraded, the customer should get resources to re stat their gear. When a game changes talents (like in wow) you get your talent points back. The difference between talents in WoW and gear on for honor is very different, but the end cost to the company is the ****ing same. ZERO.

Ah well though, no point in posting really, I was just mad when I found out. Ubi does not actually give a **** about its customers so I just gatta suck it up.

Of all the things to complain about in For Honor, these type of item complaints are the dumbest. Games with stats granting items frequently change their underlying system or add new tiers. Your complaint just screams "new at games" to me.

But hey, why not give you your steel back. Just make sure you give back any xp, steel, or loot you earned while wearing it.

Porch-Skunk
05-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Of all the things to complain about in For Honor, these type of item complaints are the dumbest. Games with stats granting items frequently change their underlying system or add new tiers. Your complaint just screams "new at games" to me.

But hey, why not give you your steel back. Just make sure you give back any xp, steel, or loot you earned while wearing it.

Done. Cause after i hit rep 3 i started a different character, so that sounds great. And you are right I am new to gaming, I have only been gaming for 23 years now. Stats change on gear, and people usually get their **** back in turn. World of warcraft, league of legends, hell even ark survival refunded me my perk tree when they change around points in their game, why would they be different considering the ball crushing price on steel? I do not think I am dumb as much as I do not like being taken advantage of and am not a dumb sheep who just goes with the flow like all the other idiots out there. Sure I spend money on games, i got cash like that so its no biggie, its the principle of the matter, not the money. **** im probably gonna blow another hundred tomorrow for the new **** thats comin out lol. If my **** gets changed, I would like to be able to respec my **** to make up for that.

I see why they are not doing it though, since people would just use that steel for the new epics instead of their old gear. It is just a shame is all and it annoyed me when I found out about it. If I am working on a project for a business and I change some **** it would be on me to convince them that the change I made was worth their investment. If I told them I kept the money they gave me and did not actually give them any advantage and instead made it so they had more work to do, they would fire me on the project and would hire a different engineer. The part that really bothers me is they knew people would be upset, and have all the power in the world to give us stuff to make up for it, but they do not.

Call me dumb thought, it is okay. Games and transactions are going to get worse and worse and worse and worse and worse on COST to the consumer cause no one gives a **** and calls people who do dumb.

khauz-
05-13-2017, 08:34 PM
What will happen to the old season 1 gears?

Porch-Skunk
05-13-2017, 08:43 PM
From my understanding, since stats are being changed, removed/replaced, were getting rerolls on gear. And you get what you get.

UbiNoty
05-13-2017, 11:58 PM
You'll still keep your old gear, but it will be different.
From what I know, you should still keep any number of upgrades you made, but the stats will be different since it has to adhere to the new system.

Once the new system goes live, it will be quite different from the old system around which you all made your builds - we've tried to make it so that there's no longer a 'right' way to build, and instead it will be more playstyle- and situation-centric.

We hope you'll be able to take this time to try out the new system, test new builds, and find out what works for you!

khauz-
05-14-2017, 04:45 PM
You'll still keep your old gear, but it will be different.
From what I know, you should still keep any number of upgrades you made, but the stats will be different since it has to adhere to the new system.

Once the new system goes live, it will be quite different from the old system around which you all made your builds - we've tried to make it so that there's no longer a 'right' way to build, and instead it will be more playstyle- and situation-centric.

We hope you'll be able to take this time to try out the new system, test new builds, and find out what works for you!

Sure, i know about the new stats as I watched the season 2 intro,
so I am just curious over the old gears, whether they are still usable, etc.
Thanks for letting us players know about the gear stats replacement.

Manniredor1
05-15-2017, 01:43 PM
This is definitely not ok. The scavenger crates are useless because I will now have to spend a lot of steel to max my gear up again after using real world money to upgrade the ones I have now. There has to be more compensation for high level players who get epic gear after every match making crates and the champion status redundant. Unacceptable that I paid money for potentially nothing in season 2.

The_B0G_
05-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there the new epic gear level? Won't this make all gear outdated anyway? It will all need to be replaced regardless.

I have an LB with 3 completely different builds all maxed out at 108, not sure what the big fuss is about. I heard if your hero is above rep 7 and you use crates you get epic gear as well.

It happens in every game like this guys, the gear score/level gets raised, and all your old gear is going to be replaced, no matter how good it was.

Gray360UK
05-16-2017, 10:32 AM
From what I know, you should still keep any number of upgrades you made, but the stats will be different since it has to adhere to the new system

See this is not necesarily a good thing at all, and I think you're implying it is. I keep all the upgrades, but there is now the potential that [insert stat here] that I don't want is the upgraded stat. Say I upgraded an item because the upgrades increased my Stamina Cost Reduction and my Sprint Speed, now those upgrades will be upgrading who knows what depending on what the re-rolled gear gives me.