PDA

View Full Version : Game works great with ATI Radeon 9200 128MB AGP8X with TV-Out

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Hi.

I have a p4 3.12GHZ with 512MB RAM, the game works great when I replaced my Geforce MX with the ATI Radeon 9200.

My question is, if I get like a NON ATI RADEON (from MSI, XFX etc) how much the performance will degrade? I mean they are cheaper than the ATI models..

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Hi.

I have a p4 3.12GHZ with 512MB RAM, the game works great when I replaced my Geforce MX with the ATI Radeon 9200.

My question is, if I get like a NON ATI RADEON (from MSI, XFX etc) how much the performance will degrade? I mean they are cheaper than the ATI models..

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 12:05 PM
what are you on about? ATI doesn't make cards it only makes teh GPUs for teh cards and MSI doesn't make GPUs it only makes circut boards, etc.

but yeah, witha beefy system like yours the current graphics card is a total bottleneck.

like a strong guy with a small genitals. get soemthing like a 9800XT to match the rest of ya...

------------------------

Opinions are like butt holes, we all have one and we all think everyone else's stinks!

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 03:00 PM
ATI make cards but don't sell them outside north america.
Performance shouldn't really be effected. Cooling might be, but not much.

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 07:12 PM
What are you guys talking about?

Who said anything about North America.

This is an ATI Radeon 9200 from ATI
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=578355&Sku=A177-3026

This is an ATI Radeon 9200 from Connect3D
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=579168&Sku=C261-6029&CatId=1088

And there might be other manufacturers that use the ATI Chipset to make a video card.

All I wanted to know was that what would be the performance difference between an ATI branded Radeon 9200 and a non ATI.

And for the person who said this is the bottle neck, I am not an enthusiast gamer, I play very select games, and the only reason I am getting a card is for this game that doesnt support the MX. Anyway.

Any information would be helpful. the 256MB Connect3D version is $10 cheaper than 128MB ATI version.

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:35 AM
The most important thing you need to watch out for is the memory speed. Third party ATI card makers often use lower speed memory, which affects performance considerably. If you can't find the memory speed specs where you're ordering/buying it from, then shop somewhere else. I recommend newegg.com.

This is one reason the Built By ATI version costs more, you know what you're getting. Sapphire and Powercolor also make these cards, and many other companies are jumping on the ATI bandwagon.

Changchung
11-26-2005, 03:35 AM
why doesn't anybody give the full list of the supported graphic cards for the POP-TTT?