PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME new feature for Star Trek: Bridge Crew!!!

delatorre32
05-11-2017, 03:33 PM
According to multiple sources, IBM Watson is teaming up with STBC to add voice interaction with your NPS crew as Captain!

Ubisoft's senior creative director David Votypka Sr. says:

"We have been eager to find the right way to use interactive speech further the immersive and interactive experiences that virtual reality offers. Watson gives Captains in Star Trek: Bridge Crew the ability to issue commands to non-player crew members in the same way they do with a human crew; by using their voice. IBM provides an easy to integrate solution that is cloud based, so it's light on code and performance while letting us remain fast on feature turnaround."

This will be available this summer. This is an AWESOME addition to this already incredible game IMO! Thank you Ubisoft!!! :)

jkerr91
05-11-2017, 09:34 PM
This is a hugely promising feature which hopefully does well. I expect it'll only be available on PC versions of the game. So far none of the articles I've read mention which platforms will have this but doubt the PS4 version will get it..

Also Voice recognition and Scottish accents rarely work..

delatorre32
05-11-2017, 11:12 PM
From UploadVR:

Bridge Crew will add early beta support for IBM’s VR Speech Sandbox later this summer. The game itself is set to launch on May 30th on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR (PSVR). We’ve reached out to Ubisoft to confirm that this support will be available on all three platforms and not just PC-based VR.

TheManx52
05-27-2017, 06:21 AM
My company has been dealing with IBM US on a massive project for the past year. There isn't a person in the division at this point who believes anything of value can ever come from IBM. This scares me.