PDA

View Full Version : New class costs

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Is no one else concerned with this? Or upset? Or even just a little surprised at how exorbitant and inflated the price is compared to the base set of heroes?

I mean, 15,000 for one ****ing dude? Am I the only one who thinks that is absurd and a clear case of customers getting drained of resources to encourage the purchase of steel packs?

Like, this sets a pretty foul precedent for future content and this is only the second season.

I was pretty turned off by this games micro transactions to begin with, but I was able to overlook it and enjoy the game despite their presence, but this upcoming expansion is kinda like getting spit on. If I could've ever been tempted into spending money on this game past the fee for entry, that is no longer the case.

We're already having to wait a whole ****ing week for these buggers past when pass owners can play 'em. Was that not enough? I mean, that in it of itself was overkill. Maybe one day or two if you really wanna push it, but a whole week? You can lick the crust off of some particularly unhygienic genitals as your only source of sustenance if you wanna pull that one, Ubisoft.

kweassa1917
05-11-2017, 09:31 AM
There's a saying in our region that goes, "If you're greedy and like freebies too much, you become a baldie."

Watch your hair, m8. ;)

(ps) there's hardly any microtransaction required, and even if you pay a little for things to go smoothly, it's generally a fair price, unlike the piggish cash-milking some other games do.

cragar212
05-11-2017, 10:01 AM
They could of just pay walled DLC characters behind RL money you realise right? Tons of AAA games do it to guarantee income to ya know ... make more DLCs...

If I only log in all week to only do daily orders I still get like 9,000 steel. Save up for 2weeks to buy a character or spend $10 to support the game you've been playing for 3months.

Egotistic_Ez
05-11-2017, 10:26 AM
It's only 15k. I expected it to be closer to 25k tbh.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Nope.

Its EXACTLY the price I expected it to be. Steel is easy as crap to get. Of all the things to complain about this is not one of them

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Not really relevant to me because I have season pass but I have made 14k in the last week and a bit. I don't do contracts and most of the orders I have completed I have done without seeing what the day's orders are. And waiting a week is still better than not getting it at all unless you use real money as other games do.

ShaukDotDJ
05-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Be thankful you can use steel at all. As it is it already devalues the exclusivity of the season pass by even letting you have that option. But no 15k is fine.

Gray360UK
05-11-2017, 02:12 PM
15k is just right imho. Then again I play a lot and have a vast amount of Steel ;)

XxHunterHxX
05-11-2017, 02:22 PM
the people that wasted 40 euros on the season pass got jack **** for 3 months and now you want them to what ? make the new caracters free ? the season pass is pretty much worthless the only value it has is the free caracters that is not much at all considering its 40 ****ing euros

ArchangelREON
05-11-2017, 02:31 PM
the people that wasted 40 euros on the season pass got jack **** for 3 months and now you want them to what ? make the new caracters free ? the season pass is pretty much worthless the only value it has is the free caracters that is not much at all considering its 40 ****ing euros

Your not wrong... i did feel kinda screwed for buying gold edition but i figured it didn't matter since i played the game so much and loved it. but yeah 15k steel is fine for people that didn't but season pass, honestly it could be higher.

XxHunterHxX
05-11-2017, 02:34 PM
it should have been 25 k not 15

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 02:40 PM
We get around 250,000 steel worth of stuff which would cost around $180 if you earned nothing in game for $40/euros. I have no problem at all with other people not being priced out of new content.

TestO...
05-11-2017, 03:04 PM
We get around 250,000 steel worth of stuff which would cost around $180 if you earned nothing in game for $40/euros. I have no problem at all with other people not being priced out of new content.

are you talking about season pass owners? if you are please tell me what is included in that 250,000 steel worth of stuff..

Egotistic_Ez
05-11-2017, 03:15 PM
are you talking about season pass owners? if you are please tell me what is included in that 250,000 steel worth of stuff..

It's a bit of an inflated value truth be told. A lot of it comes from the sunbeam effect at 5k per champ.

CaynAldan
05-11-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm worried for new heroes price, like i said in another post, but not for paying it. I'm worried about they come like better heroes like another games with heroes of different costs. I'm not comfortable with idea of heroes designed to be more valuables than others...

TestO...
05-11-2017, 03:55 PM
It's a bit of an inflated value truth be told. A lot of it comes from the sunbeam effect at 5k per champ.
sunbeam emote nobody ever used.. season pass not worth it and thats it..we get 6 new heroes for free, wow..we get elite outfits, elite, lemme die here real fast.. its pure greed, buy season pass, get 1/4 of the stuff, buy steel packs to get the rest.. just going to say, f2p elements in a b2p game which alot of us gave 90€ and i can assure you everybody regrets it and whoever saying differently, trying convince themselves that they didnt just gave another 40€ For Nothing..
Peace!

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Listen, guys. I don't care about what the season pass did or did not get you. Buying season passes is terrible idea. You don't know what you are buying, or if you will ever get what you are offered. Season passes merely existing also results in situations like this where in order to attempt to create an illusion of value they wall off content, or make it harder to access for other players just to appease the people with passes.

They perpetuate business practices that hurt us, the customers, and if you get gimped for blindly putting faith in a company you'll receive little empathy from me.

And to those talking about how the micro transactions are mostly fine, I agree. That's why them being present in an already $60 game was something I could overlook.

Outside of "We didn't get nuthin' for the season pass so now you guys gotta be inconvenienced so we feel like we didn't waste our money" what good reason is there for the new classes being 30 times more exspensive than the base set and for a lot of people waiting a week to play them even though they are ready and being played by others? Like, is there any utility in that outside of "I need to think I didn't get a fast one pulled on me"? If no, then why do it?

Ex__Machina
05-11-2017, 05:49 PM
i was never really upset that i bought the gold edition pre launch, it was only like $100 and i make decent money, however i know people were upset at the cost to benefit from gold. now they are finally getting something to help justify their initial buying decision and you're complaining? come on

TestO...
05-11-2017, 05:55 PM
The steel required for purchaing these heroes.. can easily be attained from doing all of your orders each day, and jsut playing the game... no one said you had ot pay money... seriously...turned off by the microtransactions? why because you think it unfair? you think it pay to win *laughs heartily* I mean I dunno what your logic behind that statement is.. but whatever man. Yep US SEASON PASS owners get to play them early...for a whole week... shoulda bought the pass man or saved your steel? you come off as a bit salty though really.
either he is 8yrs old and dont understand why 15k for one hero which is fine and you can explain it to him OR he is beeing stewpeed on purpose and i dont know what the fk is he trying to get with that post..

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 06:46 PM
6 New Characters for free....90k steel
Elte outfit for each 42k
sunbeam effect all guys, Emote, Execution and idle.. I think they were 3k each so 9k per guy... 108k total ( they could have been 5k each, but not sure)
Champ status for a month 15k steel
3 crates 1.5k steel

Plus the Early access for the new guys.

I might have forgotten something but that adds up to.. 256.5k steel

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Is no one else concerned with this? Or upset? Or even just a little surprised at how exorbitant and inflated the price is compared to the base set of heroes?

I mean, 15,000 for one ****ing dude? Am I the only one who thinks that is absurd and a clear case of customers getting drained of resources to encourage the purchase of steel packs?

Like, this sets a pretty foul precedent for future content and this is only the second season.

I was pretty turned off by this games micro transactions to begin with, but I was able to overlook it and enjoy the game despite their presence, but this upcoming expansion is kinda like getting spit on. If I could've ever been tempted into spending money on this game past the fee for entry, that is no longer the case.

We're already having to wait a whole ****ing week for these buggers past when pass owners can play 'em. Was that not enough? I mean, that in it of itself was overkill. Maybe one day or two if you really wanna push it, but a whole week? You can lick the crust off of some particularly unhygienic genitals as your only source of sustenance if you wanna pull that one, Ubisoft.

Sorry dude, but the price is what it is. They couldn't give them away for free to non season pass owners. The SP had to be made worthwhile. Now it seems people are gonna sulk because they have to work for them.... Just buy the season pass if if it bothers you so much. You have to spend time either way... either working and earning real money, and spend some on the game, or put in more time in the game and get them for steel.

Lesson in life...... EFFORT = REWARD (one way or another)

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Indeed...

The other UBI games I play.... Ghost recon... and Division (not any more).. the DLC costs 12 without the season pass. These new guys are For Honors DLC... and you don't need real cash to buy them.

They could of just pay walled DLC characters behind RL money you realise right? Tons of AAA games do it to guarantee income to ya know ... make more DLCs...

If I only log in all week to only do daily orders I still get like 9,000 steel. Save up for 2weeks to buy a character or spend $10 to support the game you've been playing for 3months.

Dizzy4213
05-11-2017, 07:09 PM
What are you complaining about?

They're cheap as hell. Many of us expected 25k at least.

Gray360UK
05-11-2017, 07:17 PM

This ^

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 07:57 PM

Why? For what reason was this expected?

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Sorry dude, but the price is what it is. They couldn't give them away for free to non season pass owners. The SP had to be made worthwhile. Now it seems people are gonna sulk because they have to work for them.... Just buy the season pass if if it bothers you so much. You have to spend time either way... either working and earning real money, and spend some on the game, or put in more time in the game and get them for steel.

Lesson in life...... EFFORT = REWARD (one way or another)

What is your counter argument here? Of course, I wasn't expecting them to be free. I have already stated that I'll not accept any justification related to season passes, and I have explained why too so if you wanna know my position on that it won't take much digging to find.

Pope138
05-11-2017, 08:07 PM
It's a matter of opinion, but I'd imagine all the people that bought season passes would be upset if the heroes were cheap.

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:08 PM
either he is 8yrs old and dont understand why 15k for one hero which is fine and you can explain it to him OR he is beeing stewpeed on purpose and i dont know what the fk is he trying to get with that post.. That was an unnecessarily long way to say that you had nothing to contribute to this conversation.

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 08:15 PM
It's a matter of opinion, but I'd imagine all the people that bought season passes would be upset if the heroes were cheap. They would be, for sure. That's why you shouldn't buy season passes. Because you don't know what you'll get or if you'll even get what you're offered.

Again, to make it seem like the passes were worth it they unnecessarily inconvenience everyone else. The people who got the season passes still didn't really get anything. Since steel is apparently as bountiful as the sand on a beach getting these guys for free doesn't count for much. And after some time has passed the early access won't mean much either.

Pope138
05-11-2017, 08:23 PM
They would be, for sure. That's why you shouldn't buy season passes. Because you don't know what you'll get or if you'll even get what you're offered.

Again, to make it seem like the passes were worth it they unnecessarily inconvenience everyone else. The people who got the season passes still didn't really get anything. Since steel is apparently as bountiful as the sand on a beach getting these guys for free doesn't count for much. And after some time has passed the early access won't mean much either.

Yeah this has been the most underwhelming season pass I've ever seen.

Knight_Raime
05-11-2017, 09:48 PM
not upset at all. If you hop on and complete all the orders each day every day you should have it in no time. that's like 2 maybe 3 hours if a lot are dominion related. Orders are easy as heck to complete and pretty generous. Before they made those changes I had about 20k steel since I never bought anything at all. and that was from the start at launch to a few patches ago. since then i've racked up 30k.

FizNpop
05-11-2017, 09:54 PM

You still have like 2 weeks to save up. I think you should be able to get at least 1 of the new characters in that time.

XxHunterHxX
05-11-2017, 10:10 PM
This guy is just trolling...

KiahsRevenge
05-11-2017, 10:33 PM
You are allowed to buy these new characters with in game currency... that's pretty awesome considering they could have made you pay for it. After the last update I have made about 20000 steel. Bought a heroic outfit about 2 weeks ago now I am back up to where I need to be to buy one of the new Heros. the price is fair. No reason why you can't save up for one. Stop with the nonsense.

TestO...
05-12-2017, 11:13 AM
and you are contributing by crying how expensive new heroes will be..'how are other characters 500 steel and new one are 15000? :'( '.. lemme explain, it is a dlc, a free one (like every dlc that will come to for hodor) so they kinda put it that way so you need to work for it (not really)..so you are complaining how expensive it is Oo.. we were expecting prices around 25-30k..

TestO...
05-12-2017, 11:21 AM
6 New Characters for free....90k steel
Elte outfit for each 42k
sunbeam effect all guys, Emote, Execution and idle.. I think they were 3k each so 9k per guy... 108k total ( they could have been 5k each, but not sure)
Champ status for a month 15k steel
3 crates 1.5k steel

Plus the Early access for the new guys.

I might have forgotten something but that adds up to.. 256.5k steel

thanks.. now i see how season pass was worth it.. tho wouldnt you want that '180k' (tbh i would be happy if they gave 50k) given to spend instead of that sunbeam emotes for everybody?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Yeah this has been the most underwhelming season pass I've ever seen.

Then you haven't seen many season passes.

There have been much MUCH worse than this.

Gray360UK
05-12-2017, 11:35 AM

Maybe but that doesn't make this one any better. The 'there's always something worse' logic doesn't really get us anywhere.

For what it's worth, it is the worst one I can remember. I don't often buy Season Passes anyway so forgive me if I don't have an encyclopedic memory of what they have all offered over the years, but for me at least this was an instant no brainer not buying it season pass. The last one I bought was the Battlefield 1 Season Pass which gave a massive amount of content that I would otherwise have no access to. By comparison the For Honor Season Pass is just superficial fluff and shortcuts to content that everyone will have.

Egotistic_Ez
05-12-2017, 11:44 AM
The For Honor Season Pass is just superficial fluff and shortcuts to content that everyone will have.

And that's how it should be. Any season pass with pass only content I avoid on principle, unless it's just cosmetic stuff.

Gray360UK
05-12-2017, 11:51 AM
And that's how it should be. Any season pass with pass only content I avoid on principle, unless it's just cosmetic stuff.

Maybe. But not for that price imho. If it had been half the price I might have bought it.

Draghmar
05-12-2017, 11:59 AM
[...]By comparison the For Honor Season Pass is just superficial fluff and shortcuts to content that everyone will have.
Their mistake was to call it Season Pass because it suggests free access to the content that normally should be bought - like in your Battlefield example.
I like how they done it technically because this gives us choice of how we can obtain all the stuff - you can buy it for real money or by in-game currency. Choose whatever you feel is best for you. My problem was the price of this thing was to to big for me to buy it. I think they overestimated this. Fortunately it's much cheaper right now when you know where to look so I think will buy it before S2.

Gray360UK
05-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Their mistake was to call it Season Pass because it suggests free access to the content that normally should be bought - like in your Battlefield example.
I like how they done it technically because this gives us choice of how we can obtain all the stuff - you can buy it for real money or by in-game currency. Choose whatever you feel is best for you. My problem was the price of this thing was to to big for me to buy it. I think they overestimated this. Fortunately it's much cheaper right now when you know where to look so I think will buy it before S2.

Yes exactly.

It's more of a shortcut package that has more in common with the way you can pay Steel to unlock all of a characters feats than with what is normally regarded as a 'Season Pass'.

Weird_Eagle
05-12-2017, 12:23 PM
You Can buy them for steel!
You can earn steel by playing this game!
What you want?
I think they should make the heroes as a dlc, only to buy by real money, then you all can cry about that.
15k steel omg come on, one week 1-2 hours per day and you can buy one.

Pope138
05-12-2017, 02:57 PM

Cool, man...

:confused:

L647
05-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Meh, people will come out the wood work to defend Ubisoft ****ty practices by saying stuff like "gamer's are so entitled and want freebies" last time I checked I payed 79.99 for a game with very limited content. I'll once again compare this trash business model to Overwatch which gives you new hero's for free, the only thing you buy are cosmetics. Street Fighter also lets you unlock characters with in game currency, however they don't expect you to level 60+ on one character and then spend 50k in game currency for gear stats. The season pass was simply a cash grab and its the only reason for the 15k price tag, you have the gamer whales to blame for season passes.

G0dzBlaze
05-12-2017, 06:59 PM
TBH im a bit upset they only cost 15k steel. I bought the season pass expecting new heroes to be Overpriced... Right now i got 90k steel saved up ( i got 2 105gs , bought 1 mythic outfit + 3 executions which cost around 50k steel ).If they added 2 week of champion status for every new season would have been fine but guess what... They give it for free to everyone.

JamaasK
05-12-2017, 07:03 PM
You get 9200 Steel a week from contracts alone (not including steel you get from finishing games), so I'd say that's a perfectly reasonable price for somebody who didn't have to shell out real money for a season pass.

Reinier-dash
05-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Wow your whining over 15000 be glad they an't ****ing 35000 like in siege!

CandleInTheDark
05-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Ubisoft were never going to be able to please everyone with this as this thread itself shows. As a season pass holder I am pretty happy to get my stuff a week early, which was why I bought the pass and I am happy that people are not being priced out of it. There is also the fact that we get over 250k worth of stuff from it which is about $180 worth for $40. I have read people say well we didn't want any **** effect and outfit and it's **** because of that, but the thing is you knew the outfit and effect were what you were getting as part of the pass, it was all there for you to judge whether it was worth $40, if you didn't know, well you shouldn't be buying anything you don't know what you are getting as part of.

This is not a pay to win game (really, no it isn't, if you don't buy cosmetics you have the steel for gear and they are levelling the gear gap in this patch), this isn't a game like the Division where they are releasing new game modes like Underground or the other two modes which were effectively new games as the gear didn't affectthem, so far as I see not pricing people out of the new content is a very fair thing to be doing.

psyminion
05-12-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm quite pleased at the price, and that I don't have to give ubi any of my money, just time that I enjoy, to get the new heroes... though I might end up a hipster and stick with the Orochi.

the real question is can I keep saving steel for the shinobi or do I blow it on the mythic pit viper outfits...

imo ubisoft found a good balance of trading time/money for in-game currency/items (but I play like, daily) .

Hillbill79
05-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Exactly, this game is not a pay to win.... there is a slight element of pay to progress a little quicker, but that is restricted by the gear cap. Time is money.... but only so far in this game. You can get everything with time spent....... some of us though, have to work, and 2 to 5 hours work to buy a season pass for all 9 characters is better than 12 to 14 hours (per character) without it

I'm quite pleased at the price, and that I don't have to give ubi any of my money, just time that I enjoy, to get the new heroes... though I might end up a hipster and stick with the Orochi.

the real question is can I keep saving steel for the shinobi or do I blow it on the mythic pit viper outfits...

imo ubisoft found a good balance of trading time/money for in-game currency/items (but I play like, daily) .