PDA

View Full Version : This game needs 100% friendly fire

VIKING4REALMAN
05-11-2017, 01:58 AM
This game seriously needs 100% friendly fire or mirror damage to the attacker (1.x damage). Otherwise it is boring as **** to play modes like dominion or skirmish. Introducing friendly fire or mirror damage would be hell of fun

CHawkins27
05-11-2017, 02:00 AM
This would be a nightmare in any game mode. Can't even count the number of times I'm in a 1v1 when the rest of my team comes up behind and unloads on me in an attempt to get a hit on the enemy for some points. I'd be dead in seconds. I think the friendly fire with the catapult and things alike is good enough.

Gray360UK
05-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Dear God no, at least for 100% damage to the victim.

I played a game a couple of days again where the Raider on my team BEHIND me while I fought an enemy repeatedly did his Zone Attack through the back of my head to hit my target. I would have died. How would that have punished the Raider?

100% mirror damage, more like it.

Personally I think you should get knocked down if you hit a team mate, similar to when Revenge activates. No harm done to anyone but you're on the floor, which no one is going to like, and you will not be able to keep hitting your team mate over and over.

kweassa1917
05-11-2017, 02:10 AM
This game seriously needs 100% friendly fire or mirror damage to the attacker (1.x damage). Otherwise it is boring as **** to play modes like dominion or skirmish. Introducing friendly fire or mirror damage would be hell of fun

If by "hell of fun" you mean people fighting their own teammates, swearing and cussing and blaming each other for deaths, all hell breaking loose by people trying to troll their own team... then yes, that would be "hell of fun".

Unfortunately, only hellspawn from the depths of hell are going to enjoy that, and it'll probably close down FH as a game.

So, no thx?

Egotistic_Ez
05-11-2017, 02:15 AM
100% FF is just asking the already toxic community to become even worse. FF already screws chains and the like, it's fine.

I played a game a couple of days again where the Raider on my team BEHIND me while I fought an enemy repeatedly did his Zone Attack through the back of my head to hit my target. I would have died. How would that have punished the Raider?

Gonna be honest, I do that a lot if I can't get around my ally lol. All kills are my kills.

kweassa1917
05-11-2017, 02:34 AM
Just today, I pushed 3 teammates off a bridge by just habitually pushing <space> to move faster with my Shugoki... just before pushing that space bar I got this feeling of, "no, wait.. .wait..." but couldn't stop my thumb in time... and....

I feel all dirty and stained now...

S0Mi_xD
05-11-2017, 02:45 AM
100% ? no pleas not, but 25-40% would be good.
It would still hirt very much.

Knockdown on friendly fire? no pleas not getting knocked down for accidently hitting a teammate? naa ... njet - nada - njente....

Mirror dmg- isnt that of a bad idea :)

VIKING4REALMAN
05-11-2017, 02:50 AM

Personally I think you should get knocked down if you hit a team mate, similar to when Revenge activates. No harm done to anyone but you're on the floor, which no one is going to like, and you will not be able to keep hitting your team mate over and over.

That's an interesting idea, like it

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 02:58 AM
Mirror damage should be a thing. Hit me.. you take the damage. Idiots might think a little more then....

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 03:05 AM

Knockdown would be a million times worse. Sometimes it's not your fault you hit your teammates. Pretty common for someone to come bArrelling in to get the kill and I end up clipping them. Mirror damage is a good idea though

Gray360UK
05-11-2017, 04:21 AM
Knockdown would be a million times worse. Sometimes it's not your fault you hit your teammates. Pretty common for someone to come bArrelling in to get the kill and I end up clipping them. Mirror damage is a good idea though

You sure? So if someone comes barrelling in just as you're about to land a Heavy on your opponent and you hit your team mate and die to mirror damage ... that's better than just falling over? ;)

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 04:25 AM
You sure? So if someone comes barrelling in just as you're about to land a Heavy on your opponent and you hit your team mate and die to mirror damage ... that's better than just falling over? ;)

Willing to bet it would happen less often than taking a raw heavy to the face by the guy I'm trying to kill. Could also make it so it doesn't kill you to prevent that, or maybe sort of have a foul system where if you do hit your teammate more than a few times a match the mirror damage increases. Starts off low like in the 20s and maybe bump it up by 20 each time. Not sure what the cap should be but I don't see why there would need to be one honestly.

Joseph_2017
05-11-2017, 06:11 AM
2 Benefits from a friendly kill.

Free renown and full Hp for the victim.

bananaflow2017
05-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Yeah imo since revenge nerf there is a Problem. I dont want revenge back or sth but since this Patch dominion is basicly skirmsch.
Just Take ur 4 man gank Squad and gogo....
There is no more Tactic like ok u hold a against this and i fight this guy here or anything. Just a gank squad taking fe a take down 1 or 2 people and then Take b nobody can hold dat....

Yarzahn
05-11-2017, 10:01 AM
I like the idea of stamina drain/ exhaustion if you hit team mates.

Specialkha
05-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Maybe 10% FF for teammates while 50% mirror damage?

And I would like to have FF on Disabler move. I know some have (like sweep or oni charge), but others do not (like demon's embrace or flip pancake). Imo, all disabler moves should have FF on.

cragar212
05-11-2017, 10:08 AM
I would certainly enjoy the trolling.

kweassa1917
05-11-2017, 10:14 AM

...as would I.

I'd be more than happy to demonstrate what harsh-FF setting can do to totally ruin your gaming experience. It's a service old-timers like me would be more than willing to dedicate ourselves to for the greater good. ;)

Egotistic_Ez
05-11-2017, 10:23 AM

Same. Better hope you didn't ledge throw me any time in recent memory, because if you did I'm griefing the hell out of you. lol

The_B0G_
05-11-2017, 01:21 PM
I think it should be 70-60% FF on weapon strikes, 100% on feats. Calling in catapults and arrow barrages on a group of people fighting should damage everyone equally. Otherwise it's just cheap.

Infidel.Castro
05-11-2017, 01:41 PM
No no no no no. This would just open the flood gates for griefers. No thank you.

Stamina drain yes, but nothing else.

FizNpop
05-11-2017, 01:44 PM

Do you want team killers? Because this is how you get team killers.

If you make friendly fire do full damage, then you will certainly have people running around killing their own team mates for fun. This games population is already low compared to others, lets not make that worse please.

FizNpop
05-11-2017, 01:49 PM
I like the idea of stamina drain/ exhaustion if you hit team mates.

This I can get behind.

DrExtrem
05-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Nope.

I already got killed a lot of times by team members and team bots, who try to "help" me with my enemy. They try to poke them thru me or top heavy them ... while I am standing between them and the enemy. Its really fun, when the team mate is a lolbringer - free stun.

The stagger alone is unnerving.

Infidel.Castro
05-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Honestly this would be awesome if they did 100 percent reflect to friendly

You wouldn't be saying that if for instance you are taking a nice big side heavy to finish off an enemy, but one of your team mates runs in and you hit them by accident killing you, because you were low on health, and the enemy lives. This mechanic could easily be griefed as much as friendly fire.

DrExtrem
05-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Has anyone here player rainbow six siege?

Rook mine!

Gray360UK
05-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Has anyone here player rainbow six siege?

Rook mine!

It's a good thing there is no stat for how many times I have killed my own team with Smokes Toxic Gas ;)

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-11-2017, 04:25 PM
LOL what are you crazy? having 100% friendly fire would involve some strategy and coordination between players.

SilverFoxBiker
05-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Mirror damage should be a thing. Hit me.. you take the damage. Idiots might think a little more then....

I wholeheartedly agree with Hillbill79. In addition, something needs to be done about bots on your team stealing executions. It's constant. It's bad enough when your own team mates do it to you after you've spent time pummelling an enemy for them to come in and steal the execution off you, but for the bots to do it as well! I have noticed though, particularly in dominion games, that an etiquette is developing amongst the players where they stand off if some has already started on an enemy hero and let them finish. But equally, I've seen players deliberately hit team mates who are attacking so as to knock the off the killer blows and then steal. So yes, I agree with Hillbill79...,damage to player who hits team mates.

D4rkgrizzly
05-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Currently, there is no reason not to go ganking with the revenge nerf and almost 0 ff. I think they should increase FF and/or add a mirror dmg effect. At first, it will suck because we have had 1/2 season of not having any reason not to just spam attacks regardless of who's around, be it friend or foe. The community will adapt. Ubi could also add a kick function or negative stats or steel as a punishment for team-kills.

I VOTE FOR MORE FF

Tyrjo
05-12-2017, 05:01 PM
I don't think friendly fire would work so great. However it would be good to collect a stat that post "friendly interupts". Maybe it could even detract your score.

dayLockey
05-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Hell no.

JamaasK
05-12-2017, 07:10 PM
This would be a nightmare in any game mode. Can't even count the number of times I'm in a 1v1 when the rest of my team comes up behind and unloads on me in an attempt to get a hit on the enemy for some points. I'd be dead in seconds. I think the friendly fire with the catapult and things alike is good enough.

Yup, people will abuse the crap out of this if it takes effect. It's bad enough that I stumble from my teammate spamming zone right next to me, or some dingus behind me in a corridor spamming light attacks against my back.