PDA

View Full Version : What does the season pass actually unlock?

NocturnalFox-
05-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Ok I bought this because besides all the fluff it says that you get EA to the new classes.
I'm not seeing them and they supposedly drop next week.

So in short has it actually unlocked anything from the season pass description or is Ubisoft pulling a fast one?

EDIT:
I got my refund courtesy of Sony added to PSN wallet.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/store---transactions/payments---refunds/playstation-store-cancellation-policy/
If you are within 14 days you can get it too.
Put your money where your mouth is if a company does something you don't think is agreeable.

Sykoink
05-10-2017, 06:35 PM
you get new heroes (for free) on the 16th when non pass gets them on the 23rd (for 15k each), you get mythic outfits that non pass doesn't get.

I thought i heard them say Elite outfits, not mythic ones. Would be pretty cool if it are mythic outfits.

XxHunterHxX
05-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I had the gold edition since day 1 let me tell you what you ghet ! (REFOUND THE SEASON PASS NOW !!!)

Hero status or wtf ever is called for 30 days and thats useles since your not gona play 24/24 so lets say you end up using 10-15 days at best

Acces to the heroes that aperantly will cost 15 k steel but i doubt it...i bet its gona be like 5000...

1 Elite skin for each hero...do it looks like **** to me they should of given us cooler skins for 40 ****ing euros

Gold shower sprite animation wich is kinda **** to....the others that you buy with steel ir way better

some crappy head gear spike **** for your helmet that you will never use

and thats IT 40 euros paying for the game again basicly and you ghet **** ohh yeah and 3 boxes that you can buy with steel anyway so the season pass is **** and a waste of money so refound it and do it fast !

XxHunterHxX
05-10-2017, 06:44 PM
That is why I stocked up on 35k steel and 14 crates for shinobi lol.

I wish i was as smart as you and not ghet the season pass !

NocturnalFox-
05-10-2017, 06:56 PM
To be totally honest it does feel like a con.
I'm basically paying the same price as the game again for extremely limited content.

I would understand if it unlocked all the mythic or even just the elite outfits or something.
This game isnt going to last long with all these micro costs is it...

L647
05-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Ubisoft just shoe horned in a season pass to grab extra cash because they knew people would eat it up. All the season pass really does is give you 7 day early access to the new champs and unlocks them without having having to spend 15k steel each. Sucks they didn't follow the business model of Overwatch, there's really no excuse except greed.

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Why do so many people buy something they didn't want and then blame the seller?

Literally like buying a cheeseburger from McDonalds and then complaining when you discover it has beef and cheese in it :rolleyes:

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 07:43 PM
but it doesn't have beef.....

The season pass or a McDonalds cheeseburger? ;)

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 07:48 PM
can I vote all of the above?

You can but only if you correctly answer this: Do they both contain cheese?

NocturnalFox-
05-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Because I thought there would be more to it for 32.99.
Its ok I will chase up a refund via Sony.

Second time I have ever had to do this and again- Ubi product...

Ulrichvonbek111
05-10-2017, 07:56 PM
That is why I stocked up on 35k steel and 14 crates for shinobi lol.

A very nice gift for the master of assassins arrival. ..
I'm doing pretty much the same..ready to unleash death from the shadows..

AncientReaper20
05-10-2017, 08:20 PM
How come I didn't get any elite outfits? I mean, there are 3 listed elite outfits and 2 mythicals in my store, but they all cost steel?

Shouldn't I have one for free with the season pass?

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 08:21 PM
of course they do.

Good man ;)

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 08:23 PM
How come I didn't get any elite outfits? I mean, there are 3 listed elite outfits and 2 mythicals in my store, but they all cost steel?

Shouldn't I have one for free with the season pass?

They are Elite outfits for the new heroes. You know, the new heroes you don't have yet.

Did you not read the description of what you bought?

I wish I could figure out a way to sell things to people who don't even care what it is they're buying ;)

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Because I thought there would be more to it for 32.99

But WHY did you just THINK that? There was a description that listed everything that came with it, which I didn't think was worth it, so I didn't buy it. I don't have special powers or anything, I just have common sense and can read.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-10-2017, 08:27 PM
I only cared to bother with the game once I found out ninja was on season pass picture lol

He'll be in the Temple Garden,,chilling out.👹💮👺

AncientReaper20
05-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Gray360UK>>>>

Honestly, just bought it for the early access. I have disposable income and play this game a lot. Plus, I don't feel like using steel to unlock them, so yeah.....didn't read the fine print....read what I needed to read to make the purchase....

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Gray360UK>>>>

Honestly, just bought it for the early access. I have disposable income and play this game a lot. Plus, I don't feel like using steel to unlock them, so yeah.....didn't read the fine print....read what I needed to read to make the purchase....

Fair enough :)

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Good man ;)

Correction. Only For Honor is made with 100% genuine cheese.

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 09:57 PM
To those that want more, what more would you want? I mean, it's a pretty simple game with a straight forward market. Granted I don't think the season pass was worth the cost, that's why I didn't get it.
I'm with Gray on this. I don't know why people bought it and THEN complained. Why didn't you read it and ask around, "Hey ubi, why is this so much for a bunchoffknbllsht?" That would Ben the smarter move,cause then when they see it's not selling they go "phhht duh. It IS a bumchoffknbllsht!"
Instead they are looking at their sales records thinking... "but, you bought it..?"

Rikuto01.tv
05-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Ubisoft just shoe horned in a season pass to grab extra cash because they knew people would eat it up. All the season pass really does is give you 7 day early access to the new champs and unlocks them without having having to spend 15k steel each. Sucks they didn't follow the business model of Overwatch, there's really no excuse except greed.

Would you go to work for a few months, produce something and then expect not to get paid for it?

Smh. Gamers are seriously the most entitled individuals on the planet.

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 12:01 AM
The season pass will grant you early access to all the new DLC heroes, the sunbeam emote for all 12 original heroes, 3 scav crates, an exclusive emblem, and 30-day champ status.
To put it into a bit of perspective - each hero costs 15k steel to unlock, you get all 6 heroes (thats 90k steel) + 6 elite outfits (one for each on release).

You can get more details about it here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/buy/index.aspx).

Hillbill79
05-11-2017, 12:10 AM
You get early access to 6 new characters.
You get them for free... steel wise... so 90k steel...
You get elite outfits, 1 per hero.... that's 42k steel
You get sunbeam effects for all characters.... 108k steel ( does this apply to the new guys too?)
30 days chapion status.. 15k steel
3 crates 1.5k steel..

All in, over 250k steel worth of stuff.

How much is 250k steel again?

Ok I bought this because besides all the fluff it says that you get EA to the new classes.
I'm not seeing them and they supposedly drop next week.

So in short has it actually unlocked anything from the season pass description or is Ubisoft pulling a fast one?

Captain-Courage
05-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Ok I bought this

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder336/45125336.jpg

L647
05-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Would you go to work for a few months, produce something and then expect not to get paid for it?

Smh. Gamers are seriously the most entitled individuals on the planet.

You're one of those people who would get caught up in a Ponzi scheme. Actually I have this here water filtration system that filters out the salt from our ocean water! If you invest 100K as a first time investor the return will be billions. If you're interested you can e-mail me at ura******@*******.com.

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 01:43 PM
You get early access to 6 new characters.
You get them for free... steel wise... so 90k steel...
You get elite outfits, 1 per hero.... that's 42k steel
You get sunbeam effects for all characters.... 108k steel ( does this apply to the new guys too?)
30 days chapion status.. 15k steel
3 crates 1.5k steel..

All in, over 250k steel worth of stuff.

How much is 250k steel again?

150k steel costs $100, there are ways to get a further 100k for $80/90. So $42 season pass (I am converting into dollars from the uk pounds price if that is inaccurate) gets you $180 worth of stuff. Now you can say you might not have wanted the effect or outfits, but eh you still get them. Even if you only get the heroes, that is $42 for $80 worth of stuff if you don't play enough to earn it. If you don't intend to get all six heroes or don't buy cosmetics, well yeah that's when you really don't want to be buying it.

XxHunterHxX
05-11-2017, 02:40 PM
The season pass is a waste of money pff just stop buying it...i wish i could refound the game + season pass but its to late...

Egotistic_Ez
05-11-2017, 02:46 PM
The season pass is a waste of money pff just stop buying it...i wish i could refound the game + season pass but its to late...

Personal opinion. I bought the deluxe edition (wanted the lithographs) and I'm thinking of picking up the season pass in a couple of days. Yeah the game could die and I'll get nothing but bot games, but I've already got more time out of For Honor than most other full price games so what's a few extra bucks.

Plus if Ubi don't fix it I won't be buying their games for a couple of years so I make the cash back there anyway.

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 02:52 PM
I couldn't justify spending on season pass.... I'm only interested in being a ninja and nothing else so I wouldn't even unlock other heroes anyways.

Yeah in that case I would say it isn't worth it. In my own case, I want to at least try all of the new characters, I liked the idea of getting them early and a free outfit so for me it was a no brainer and I found the champion status useful as I was rep three and in purple gear before it ran out. Of course other than the week early you can get all the steel you need for this in game.I don't often get season pass, I felt it was worth it to me in this case.

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 03:01 PM
yeah that makes sense... But people crying about this game are going and buying season pass and they'll cry for a refund as soon as 23rd non pass releases heroes.

Yeah I have seen people getting all elitist saying that the heroes should be locked behind a real money paywall since they were announced and it said on the season pass details before they bought it that this is how it would be, that they got them early and free of in game currency, so they should have known this before paying out the money.

TestO...
05-11-2017, 03:06 PM
I wish i was as smart as you and not ghet the season pass !

dont we all want to be a bit smarter and save up that 40

we get elite outfits, yay i feel special..dont you? .....

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Devs also ALWAYS said DLC would be free. So yes they just want advantage cause they see defensive meta going away <3

I hope they really do get the meta fixed. It doesn't affect me much, I primarily play peacekeeper (non spammy as sad as it is I have to specify that), I play berserker and will play shinobi alongside that,but I am hoping that without that meta, other heroes get to shine.

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Zerks will be screamed at for *spamming* lights, they already are calling it spam, even though they removed stam benefit from combo and you can't light twice...

Then they will say Feinting is way too fast for zerk.

Then they will say *but I can't just block it because now they do more chip dmg and I suck at parrying*

They already say feinting is too fast for the peacekeeper, for everyone else it is considered good play :rolleyes: There are always going to be people who want to nerf everything they struggle with. Personally, I like going up against warlords, for example, even though I struggled with them hugely at first. I watched how they play and now charging attacks and headbutt are just screaming 'please dodge my telegraphed attack and stick me with deep gouge'

CandleInTheDark
05-11-2017, 03:22 PM
I like LBs when they got buffed and I still wrecked them lol. *WTF zerks do so much dmg!*

Yeah I play zerk as my second character, I will be playing shinobi alongside him and peacekeeper (you can likely see a few common themes here lol). I haven't struggled with lawbringers but I haven't met many who go for guardbreak over their free light and it is like please, peacekeeper *dodge* lol.

Tundra 793
05-11-2017, 03:42 PM

Because I thought there would be more to it for 32.99.
Its ok I will chase up a refund via Sony.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/72aaac8caea9f6e377ffc356dfbb457e/tumblr_nslb1iOZfz1uy399ao1_500.gif

razabak10mm
05-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Well it unlocked your wallet. So you can't say it didn't unlock ANYTHING.

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 05:14 PM
No, you do not get early access. You get normal access while everyone else gets delayed access to create an illusion of value.

NocturnalFox-
05-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Got my refund.
Clearly Sony understood the problem.

EDIT: Added to PSN wallet, going to buy NieR automata instead ;)
Just so were clear I absolutely detest microtransactions and over inflated costs- and nobody can deny this game is full of them, and it seems to be a regular occurrence with Ubi nowadays. I don't much like grinding in action games either as a means to add longevity (prestige 30 PER CHARACTER...)

If anyone else is within the 14 day limit and not interested in the season pass you can refund it via sony.

Ex__Machina
05-11-2017, 05:53 PM
No, you do not get early access. You get normal access while everyone else gets delayed access to create an illusion of value.

how is this an illusion of value.... having access 7 days earlier may not be of monetary value but is has something worth a lot more. time

nothing is as valuable as time

Rithuamh
05-11-2017, 09:14 PM
how is this an illusion of value.... having access 7 days earlier may not be of monetary value but is has something worth a lot more. time

nothing is as valuable as time

It's an illusion because if the season pass wasn't present the class would be avaviable to everyone at the same time. Because that extra one week of play time won't amount to much, especially when you think about strained the peer to peer system will be when they hit. Maybe there is something of worth here, but compared to the risk of banking on them releasing anything at all or anything decent I wouldn't say it is worth those all things considered insignificant benefits.

Pain-Seeker
05-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Even after reading all post in this thread and many more iam still going to get season pass few days before new season . Not only it supports the game it self so we can hope they will be working on it for long time but its worth to me as well . As others said all the new characters would be worth 90k steel . As much as i love for honor iam not playing it to grind steel . I already bought steel for executions,emotes and outfits so i would spend money just to get new heroes and stuff conserning them . Not to say iam really impatient and want to play shinobi ASAP :D. Everything else in season pass is just a bonus to me

XxHunterHxX
05-11-2017, 10:17 PM
dont we all want to be a bit smarter and save up that 40

we get elite outfits, yay i feel special..dont you? .....

Yes...i feel special...like ******ed for puting out 40 euros for pretty much nothing...you do realize that evirthing its in the game for free....what we ghet is basicly less griding...but in the end you still play the game so ?? its same **** oh yeah the cosmetics...you will like it for maybe 10 days then you will be bored....

Sykoink
05-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Yes...i feel special...like ******ed for puting out 40 euros for pretty much nothing...you do realize that evirthing its in the game for free....what we ghet is basicly less griding...but in the end you still play the game so ?? its same **** oh yeah the cosmetics...you will like it for maybe 10 days then you will be bored....

Why are you still going on and on about the season pass, even in other threads, not even related to the season pass lol.. its getting old. We know now, you regret buying it.

Personally i'm thinking of buying the Season Pass this weekend before S2 starts. I saved up 19k now and i obviously want to play both new characters right away so i would have to buy some steel from the store to get to 30k to buy both characters. After that i'd have to grind steel again to save up for new emotes, executions maybe for both characters and that costs a lot of steel. So knowing myself..i might buy a little more steel just for a couple of executions and emotes, then you have the mythic outfits and new effects blablabla..

so in short, if i would have to buy steel a couple of times to speed up the process of purchasing stuff i want for multiple characters, i will be better off buying the Season pass (almost same amount of money anyway) and i would get both characters for free, a week early acces and i would keep my 19k steel i saved up to spent on executions/emotes etc, the 2 amazing elite outfits (especially the Centurion one), free 30 champ status (not THAT important), and obviously this is the same for future content and heroes.

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Why are you still going on and on about the season pass, even in other threads, not even related to the season pass lol.. its getting old. We know now, you regret buying it.

Personally i'm thinking of buying the Season Pass this weekend before S2 starts. I saved up 19k now and i obviously want to play both new characters right away so i would have to buy some steel from the store to get to 30k to buy both characters. After that i'd have to grind steel again to save up for new emotes, executions maybe for both characters and that costs a lot of steel. So knowing myself..i might buy a little more steel just for a couple of executions and emotes, then you have the mythic outfits and new effects blablabla..

so in short, if i would have to buy steel a couple of times to speed up the process of purchasing stuff i want for multiple characters, i will be better off buying the Season pass (almost same amount of money anyway) and i would get both characters for free, a week early acces and i would keep my 19k steel i saved up to spent on executions/emotes etc, the 2 amazing elite outfits (especially the Centurion one), free 30 champ status (not THAT important), and obviously this is the same for future content and heroes.

You actualy payed money for steel ? god dam it...

Sykoink
05-12-2017, 02:21 PM

Sure. I love different emotes/executions/effects and outfits for the different characters i play. Is there something wrong with it in your opinion? It seems so.

Egotistic_Ez
05-12-2017, 02:31 PM

Value is relative. I'll be buying the season pass tomorrow due to its total value, but I find steel too expensive. You find everything too expensive, and Syk is fine with all of it. Welcome to individualism.

XxHunterHxX
05-12-2017, 03:02 PM
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/817812071721922149/72BE3467303C38084B1B0162D9DD8CB7FF6C1DDF/

My steam review of the season pass !

razabak10mm
05-12-2017, 03:55 PM
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/817812071721922149/72BE3467303C38084B1B0162D9DD8CB7FF6C1DDF/

My steam review of the season pass !
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I couldn't help myself. I lol'd at this.