PDA

View Full Version : Has Defensive Play Gone Too Far?

buhahh125
05-10-2017, 04:26 PM
So it feels lately, more specifically in duels, it is all a stare game and defense play. Because Counter GB and waiting for the counter is what it comes down to for the win. I understand the necessity but does it not feel abused to everyone else? The Counter GB is way to easy to do it often and there seems to not be enough openers to get through the defensive players. What are your thoughts? :nonchalance:

Maybe I hope for a Hardcore mode where the defense indicators don't show like in the Realistic mode of Story.

CandleInTheDark
05-10-2017, 04:34 PM
So it feels lately, more specifically in duels, it is all a stare game and defense play. Because Counter GB and waiting for the counter is what it comes down to for the win. I understand the necessity but does it not feel abused to everyone else? The Counter GB is way to easy to do it often and there seems to not be enough openers to get through the defensive players. What are your thoughts? :nonchalance:

Maybe I hope for a Hardcore mode where the defense indicators don't show like in the Realistic mode of Story.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but given the devs have said for the last month or so they are working on a patch meant to nerf the defensive meta and given their stated aim is that players get rewarded for attacking, why is this even a question?

CandleInTheDark
05-10-2017, 04:45 PM
It's not coming fast enough! Kappa

But we know they know about it, we know it is being worked on and tested, we know it is coming. Things as big as this do not come overnight if they want to get it right.So again it is moaning about a problem we know they are already working on. It isn't constructive criticism, it is whining that it isn't exactly as you want it yesterday.

CandleInTheDark
05-10-2017, 04:48 PM
oh no I agree I was just trolling ya that time. I love your summary posts btw

Lol fair enough, like I said it was just confusing to me because the answer to the question in the thread title is pretty obviously yes, they know lol. And thanks, happy to help since I am doing nothing else while watching it anyway.

FizNpop
05-10-2017, 05:25 PM

As a person who actually has training in Historical European Martial Arts, I find the Defensive Play to be very realistic. That said, I do understand how that can feel very boring to many people who are looking for aggressive game play.

Much like how in games like COD are no where near a realistic representation of actual combat. If it were, no one would play due to the amount of campers, or team kills. The rogue commando isn't really too realistic.

But back to the subject of For Honor, I actually really enjoy the slow paced, defensive play because for me, it is more akin to an actual 1v1 sword fight.

buhahh125
05-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Not trying to be rude or anything, but given the devs have said for the last month or so they are working on a patch meant to nerf the defensive meta and given their stated aim is that players get rewarded for attacking, why is this even a question?

Not a question....an opinion and wanted to have a place for people to discuss how they currently feel about it is all. I did not once ask for a change from the developers.

buhahh125
05-10-2017, 06:37 PM
But we know they know about it, we know it is being worked on and tested, we know it is coming. Things as big as this do not come overnight if they want to get it right.So again it is moaning about a problem we know they are already working on. It isn't constructive criticism, it is whining that it isn't exactly as you want it yesterday.

I think you read too much into it and biased because of how posts have been on here lately. There is not one ounce of salt in my post. And I am well aware there have been posts from others in a whiny manner. I however just wanted to keep an open forum for constructive thoughts currently. Simple.

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Won't be long now! You'll definitely be hearing a lot more about the changes we have planned for balancing the defensive meta soon! ;p

Netcode_err_404
05-11-2017, 01:06 AM
Won't be long now! You'll definitely be hearing a lot more about the changes we have planned for balancing the defensive meta soon! ;p

Do it with calm, and awareness