PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Meta - Simple Bust ... but maybe too late

Illyrian_King
05-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Hello Com!

Here a simple proposition for punishing turtlers in an spectacular way!
It's basically a simple mechanic, but would need some programmation work ... and the devs seem to have a clear vision according to that
But no more talking around the actual topic:

Whenever your opponent parries you, your wepons are crossed for a short moment. In my idea, there is a short time window, that allows you to press the heavy attack button during this stance, to push on his parry and break it by simply weapon pushing or maybe more stylish with a kick or a shoulder bash. :cool:.

It is still questionable, if this should allow the attacker to throw the whole effect of the parry back to the defender or not ... so you see the idea is not perfectionated yet, but I think it would be a better solution then stamina drain on defense or anything like this by far!

This would deepen the gameplay mechanics, would look simply:gorgeous and would give aggressive players more space to be aggressive! :rolleyes:

I know the devs are in mid of the process to fix the turtle meta ... but it would be nice allthough, if they threw a short glimpse on my idea :D

That_guy44
05-10-2017, 06:05 PM
I do like this idea. My main concern though is won't this hurt the folks who feint people into trying to parry. They would get a second chance for making a mistake.

FizNpop
05-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Hello Com!

It's basically a simple mechanic, but would need some programmation work ... and the devs seem to have a clear vision according to that

Whenever your opponent parries you, your wepons are crossed for a short moment. In my idea, there is a short time window, that allows you to press the heavy attack button during this stance, to push on his parry and break it by simply weapon pushing or maybe more stylish with a kick or a shoulder bash. :cool:.

It is still questionable, if this should allow the attacker to throw the whole effect of the parry back to the defender or not ... so you see the idea is not perfectionated yet, but I think it would be a better solution then stamina drain on defense or anything like this by far!

This would deepen the gameplay mechanics, would look simply:gorgeous and would give aggressive players more space to be aggressive! :rolleyes:

I know the devs are in mid of the process to fix the turtle meta ... but it would be nice allthough, if they threw a short glimpse on my idea :D

Blade Binding should be a mechanic regardless of putting it in to combat the defensive play. It is a very important part of sword play.

Illyrian_King
05-10-2017, 09:31 PM
I do like this idea. My main concern though is won't this hurt the folks who feint people into trying to parry. They would get a second chance for making a mistake.

That would be easy by forbidding to parry-push after a feint ^^
Guardbreak has simmilar mechanics, when you can't counter ...

Blade Binding should be a mechanic regardless of putting it in to combat the defensive play. It is a very important part of sword play.

Totally my point of view!

UbiNoty
05-11-2017, 12:09 AM
It's an interesting idea and I'd be more than happy to bring it up with the team :D

Illyrian_King
05-12-2017, 12:33 PM
It's an interesting idea and I'd be more than happy to bring it up with the team :D

Thank you a lot ;)

Enjolras_ABC
05-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Hello Com!

Good idea. It can be used as a BREAKER just like in mortal kombat. The ability to counter parry could be linked to the revenge bar, that way you cant spam the ability.

Illyrian_King
05-13-2017, 11:46 AM
Good idea. It can be used as a BREAKER just like in mortal kombat. The ability to counter parry could be linked to the revenge bar, that way you cant spam the ability.

Could also be, but in duell for example you don't charge up much revenge ... I was more thinking about an exact time window. Like you can't spam the heavy attack button after triggering the hit, to get it guaranteed through.
You have only 1 click after the triggering, which has to be set exactly during the time window if parried OR it doesn't work! ;)