PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions to improve the gameplay

x2-darren
05-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Hey ubi, There a lot of hype and anticipation for the new Assassin's Creed game around the Assassin's Creed community myself included and I really hope for this is new Assassin's Creed game to be really good if not the game of the year.but I can't help but worry that the game may turn out to be bad or a disappointment. If the game does turn out be bad or a disappointment, I would imagine that the Assassin's Creed brand would be heavily damage and it would lose a lot of fans. You are probably sick of hearing this by now but if the game is not ready or that it won't meet our expectations, do not be afraid to delay it for extra development time. Besides you have some tough competition to go up against if you do decide to release the game this year like Red Dead Redemption 2 unless that the game got delay. Here are some suggestions for the game.

STEALTH:

1. Stealth needs to be good and not too simplistic.

2. Make use of the blending in with the crowd mechanic more because in the previous more recent games, they had become less and less important and it feel like something that had to be there just because it is an Assassin's Creed game.

3. The level design should accommodate the Stealth gameplay

4. Some new stealth assassination techniques would be nice rather than the typical approach someone unseen then stab/choke him or assassinate from above.

5. Give us some distraction tools to distract the guards

6. Don't make eagle vision too useful. In Assassin's Creed Syndicate, we were able to use eagle vision to see enemies through walls as well as mark them then we could see them through walls even when eagle vision wasn't on. The stealth should be fun, challenging and intense. Seeing through walls makes the stealth less challenging and ruins the tension.

7. Include whistling so we could attract the guards to us but be careful on how you implement this because if not done correctly, we would be able to take out a large group of enemies silently in one spot and without any effort.

8. The AI of the enemies have to be good (I cant stress this enough). They shouldn't be easily exploited by the players and should provide a challenge to us.

9. Include different enemies types and each of them have their own unique trait that provide a challenge to players doing stealth and they won't fall for the same trick that the other enemies type would.

COMBAT:

1. Combat should be fun but most importantly challenging. In the past, combat had been too easy; we were able to successfully take a large of enemies in combat with barely any effort.

2. The combat in Assassin's Creed Unity was a step in the right direction but nearly far enough. You could built upon that combat system, make it feel faster and challenging.

3. Include different enemies types and we would had to use different combat techniques to take them out.

MAIN MISSIONS/ SIDE MISSIONS:

1. Both the main and the side missions should be fun, challenging and not repetitive.

2. Include some variations in both the main and the side missions.

3. Missions in the past had been quite simple. Most the missions involve sneaking into a place and kill someone or do something then get out. Some examples are the assassination contracts, where the target stand out in the open which allows us to easily kill them sometimes even from a distance.

4. I do however like that in Assassin's Creed 4, the target in the assassination contracts would escape onto their ship if we were caught and we had engage in some naval combat. It makes the mission feels dynamic and interesting.

5. There are some missions in the past I really like the murder mysteries from the Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate. Its fun to unravel the mystery. Although, It feels weird that the assassins are solving murders when they themselves are committing murder. Maybe you can implement the mechanics of murder mysteries into other missions in some way.

6. The blackbox missions for assassinating major story targets in Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate is good idea but wasn't being executed to their full potential. It still feels like their aren't a lot of options. You could add more options on the how the infiltrate the place, how to get close to the target and how to kill the target. It is something similar to the level design of the latest Hitman game, maybe you could take some inspiration from that game.

7. Maybe you could make side missions that revolve around the culture, tradition or myths around that time period.

CLIMBING, PARKOUR AND FREERUNNING:

1. Climbing, Parkour and Freerunning should be consistent. In the previous game starting from Assassin's Creed 3, climbing feels kinda inconsistent; sometimes the character would grab the ledge but sometimes they don't. Same goes with parkour and freerunning, sometimes I would be able jump or vault over small obstacles but sometimes I won't be able to jump or vault over something that looks like something that we would easily jump across. And sometimes jumping over the obstacles could took too long, I would appreciate it if you could make it a little faster but not too fast.

2. You should make it clear to us on what can be climb and what can't. Also the character should not jump or climb somewhere we never intended him/ her to.

3. I would like climbing tall buildings or landmarks to be a sort climbing puzzle like the previous Assassin's Creed games up to Assassin's Creed Revelations.

4. Remove the parkour down mechanic in Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate. I feel like this remove the adrenaline and tension of running through rooftops. We should only be able to quickly descend from the building with our skill.

5. Do not try prevent players from making a mistake when jumping. In recent Assassin's Creed games, we would be prevented from jumping off a rooftop if that jump would kill us. I don't like this because it feels like the game is holding my hand and it removes the skill,adrenaline and tension of running and jumping through rooftops

THE OPEN WORLD:

1. Sure your world may be big and pretty but none of that matters if there is nothing for us to do in them. The purpose of an open world at least to me is for players to explore, discover, have fun and be immerse in that world.

2. Add plenty stuff for players to discover but do not place markers and icons telling them of the discovery exact location, discovering it ourselves would be even more satisfying. Furthermore populating the map with markers and icons can be kinda terrifying and may discourage them from exploring. You can place an icon on the map when the player themselves had discover it.

3. Adding collectables can also encourage players to explore but don't try to add too much of them otherwise it becomes boring and repetitive unless you make the process of getting these collectables fun and not repetitive.

4. I believe that there should be something that we can do for fun in the world besides the missions and the collectables. Maybe you could add in some mini games like those in Assassin's Creed 3 and 4. You could turn the culture in that time period into mini games but nothing too silly, I don't want to see an assassin making claypots or something like that.

5. An assassin's tombs or a first civilization temple would make a good discovery inside the world like those one from Assassin's Creed 2.

Sushiglutton
05-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Many great suggestions. But the die has been cast. All we can do now is hope!

x2-darren
05-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I desperately need the next AC game to be good. But at least they know about my suggestions (I hope) and maybe just maybe they will try their best to respond to them.