PDA

View Full Version : Give us 200 Steel everytime an Error happens

Mia.Nora
05-10-2017, 03:01 AM
I am quite serious. Those errors prevent progress towards orders, cut out XP and loot and steel reward. And in all frankness all those errors, they are all on you. Yet we are the ones suffer through them.

This would hurt your steel pack sales significantly so it would be a very good incentive to actually fix your game too ;)

I am serious though.. Give us 200 Steel everytime matches crash with an error.

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 03:13 AM
This will never happen. But it is actually a completely reasonable request as far as I'm concerned.

Heck give us 5 steel for every error and they'd never sell another steel pack.

Egotistic_Ez
05-10-2017, 04:04 AM
200 steel per error? I'd make 1k steel per hour from that alone.

Mia.Nora
05-10-2017, 04:16 AM
It would be a great way for them not to bother with compensation either, since if things get really bad people are already reimbursed ! :cool:

M0nty_1
05-10-2017, 05:52 AM
Great idea! Ubisoft gives days of free champion status for outages, so perfectly fair to compensate people who get disconnected.
I'd be making 1000 per hour most days too, but that would make up for what I lost getting chucked out before getting the game rewards.

kweassa1917
05-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Open invitation to exploits. Anyone thinks this even qualifies as an "idea" need to get their brains checked.

Mia.Nora
05-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Open invitation to exploits. Anyone thinks this even qualifies as an "idea" need to get their brains checked.

My brain is just fine, must be a problem with yours if you think that way :cool:

SnugglesIV
05-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Or they could fix the errors and improve their infrastructure. Why ask for "compensation for errors" when you can ask for the same errors to be fixed?

Mia.Nora
05-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Or they could fix the errors and improve their infrastructure. Why ask for "compensation for errors" when you can ask for the same errors to be fixed?

Tried that for 3 months, and here we are 3 months later, 3 stability patches later only change is the name of error going from 0006000037 to 0006000137. Such a big improvement!

Karma_Ghost
05-11-2017, 12:19 AM
I think 25-50 steel would be more reasonable. That's about what you stand to lose from lost match rewards.

Mia.Nora
05-11-2017, 01:00 AM
I think 25-50 steel would be more reasonable. That's about what you stand to lose from lost match rewards.

Well just giving a portion of what you would already get is not a compensation though, it should include a bonus for the lost XP, loot, order progress and most importantly the frustration it caused. Also it should hurt Ubi's pocket to give them incentive to actually fix the error instead of changing error names ;)

kweassa1917
05-11-2017, 01:07 AM
Just how naive can anyone get?

Do you want to see every match you walk into end up with a network error caused by someone futzing up the lines to cause an intentional network error, which will reward all 4 people in his premade who are part of illegal operations sweatshop based in either eastern Europe or China, that rake up the 200 free steel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and then start selling accounts that come with rep3/108 gears for all 12 classes, all costume unlocks and millions of worth of steel?

You guys are acting like it's your first day using the internet.

Wake up, geez... you know how these things work.

Mia.Nora
05-11-2017, 04:12 AM

Do you want to see every match you walk into end up with a network error caused by someone futzing up the lines to cause an intentional network error, which will reward all 4 people in his premade who are part of illegal operations sweatshop based in either eastern Europe or China, that rake up the 200 free steel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and then start selling accounts that come with rep3/108 gears for all 12 classes, all costume unlocks and millions of worth of steel?

That is the thing, based on everything I know about internet a multiplayer team based game HAS NEVER HAD this kind of connectivity issues EVER let alone for a full AAA priced game, where even F2P games have no issues. Let alone we are not even being close what would be called 'finally pretty stable at last' even after 3 months.

So since it is completely unacceptable for those errors to be around, an equivalent unorthodox compensation is necessary :cool:

M0nty_1
05-11-2017, 05:06 AM

Who would bother setting up a business like this with the rate that people are stopping playing the game?? I'm sorry but it is you who are sounding like you came down in the last shower. Actually, if they did setup a business exploiting the compensation and selling rep3/108 accounts it might bring more people back to the game, so a win anyway for Ubisoft!

If the game is able to trap and report error numbers, then the developers can add in that it rewards you a compensation 200 steel.
I understand that the game code can tell the difference between someone pulling out their network cable and the game crashing them out. So I think this is certainly something that Ubisoft should consider. 3 months in, and I'm still getting multiple disconnections playing 4v4 games every day.

kweassa1917
05-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Who would bother setting up a business like this with the rate that people are stopping playing the game?? I'm sorry but it is you who are sounding like you came down in the last shower. Actually, if they did setup a business exploiting the compensation and selling rep3/108 accounts it might bring more people back to the game, so a win anyway for Ubisoft!

You're condoning an open exploit and intellectual theft. Do you even hear the yourself?

If the game is able to trap and report error numbers, then the developers can add in that it rewards you a compensation 200 steel.
I understand that the game code can tell the difference between someone pulling out their network cable and the game crashing them out.

According to whom, did you get such information? Or is it one of your assumptions? I'd really like to know just in which post any dev or reliable source has commented how they figure which connection drop is exploiting and which is not.

Please, do tell.

So I think this is certainly something that Ubisoft should consider. 3 months in, and I'm still getting multiple disconnections playing 4v4 games every day.

So sorry to heat that, and I do hope it gets better. But it's hardly a justification for panhandling attitudes some people are showing in the forums.

M0nty_1
05-11-2017, 09:49 AM
@kweassa1917
I do not condone theft and that is not what I said. I was pointing out that what you suggested isn't a viable business proposition. I was being a little flippant with my sentence about a group selling rep3/108 accounts bringing more people into the game.

Actually, it was that the game can tell the difference between quitting out of a game (as in rage quitting) and crashing out that I saw. My previous point, that if the game traps an error it can track who should be compensated is still a valid suggestion.

It is not panhandling (ie. begging) expecting that this game, which I paid full price for the pre-order including the season pass, would actually not error out on about a third of 4v4 games, 3 months after release. When Ubisoft have a server outage, they compensate people with days of champion mode. Suggesting similar compensation (ie. in game credit) for their continuing failure to fix serious product bugs seems perfectly reasonable to me.
I will agree though that some people on the forums are going a little overboard on the compensation suggestions, in my opinion.

Do you really think that people can cause the game to crash out (eg. With its 6000137 errors and the like) at will?

If your game doesn't frequently crash out on 4v4 modes, perhaps it is not obvious to you how exasperating it is to have to endure this. Combine it with long matchmaking times and I'm spending more time waiting and losing progress through crashing than game playing time.

Tyrjo
05-11-2017, 12:18 PM
They are never going to give steel for disconnects, especially since it is exploitable like already mentioned.

Until the disconnection errors are fixed they could give a monthly "We're sorry steel pack" to everyone depending on how active that player was during the month.

PecarCZ
05-11-2017, 03:50 PM
With all errors what i got from release Ubisoft own me 70-80k steel with 200 steel per error :)