PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ubi, Clan system?

VJWalker85
05-10-2017, 03:00 AM
I know y'all have a lot going on but a clan system somewhere down the line would be awesome. PlayStation Comunity ain't cutting it and this would be a fun way to keep factions together and coordinate attacks on the world lap. We have the emblems and colors to take advantage of this, salvage could be used to benefit the clan, unlock color schemes or emblem outlines. Show player stats like assets spent etc...the possibilities are endless.

bmason1000
05-10-2017, 03:53 AM
I can dig that

Egotistic_Ez
05-10-2017, 03:59 AM
What Ubi should do is go and watch that new "how to play" or whatever it was injustice 2 trailer. Tons of single player content, easy to make, no network errors.

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 04:12 AM
No. The last thing I want is some clan member b1tching at me that I haven't finished my dailies when I get on to play.

VJWalker85
05-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Then don't join a clan, simple as that. Some of us like the team aspect though

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 05:56 AM
Then don't join a clan, simple as that.

Or better yet play a game without them.....like For Honor.

VJWalker85
05-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Whatever dude, I think it's a good idea.

Scorpion1980Lma
05-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Whatever dude, I think it's a good idea.
i agree clans would be nice, and if you dont like it, then dont join one. simple.

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 03:46 PM
I think it would completely change the dynamic of the game and ruin it for me.

Lots of times when you have "clans" then you have ppl counting on you to do certain things and that quickly turns into expectations.

The last thing I want is to feel like I have another job I need to do when I turn in my Xbox.

You already have a faction you belong to. Leave it at that and call it good.

VJWalker85
05-10-2017, 04:00 PM
I understand where your coming from razabak but a clan in this game would have no reason to want you to do anything besides spend your war assets. Usually when clans populate a game there are casual clans and hardcore clans, not every leader tried to micro manage their members.
Look at the Comunity benefit instead of the negative, it would be easier to play with people of your faction, to coordinate an attack or defense, to find good teammates, to acknowledge when your playing against a group of players instead of randoms.

VJWalker85
05-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Btw I'm bad on my history but didnt the Vikings and other factions operate by clans?

Pope138
05-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Or better yet play a game without them.....like For Honor.

I think it would completely change the dynamic of the game and ruin it for me.

Lots of times when you have "clans" then you have ppl counting on you to do certain things and that quickly turns into expectations.

The last thing I want is to feel like I have another job I need to do when I turn in my Xbox.

You already have a faction you belong to. Leave it at that and call it good.

It would be optional, so you could play For Honor and not be in a clan.
I'm surprised this needs to be explained.

psyminion
05-10-2017, 04:08 PM
as the leader of a GTA Online crew, I would LOVE to have a clan system implemented in For Honor - for all the reasons already covered in the OP. being able to join a game mode already in progress with your clanmates would be awesome.

I feel it would bring a stronger community feeling to the player base.

Illyrian_King
05-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Would like to see that!

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Games with clans are always designed to reward the hardcore clans. Therefore leaving everyone else in the dust. They have to be that way otherwise what's the point of going through the work of running said clan.

You don't have to be part of a clan unless you want to, you know, win any type of a match at all.

I've played mobile games like this and it started out pretty fun getting all these rewards etc. It soon turns into a secondary job where you are guilted into playing x amount of hours so the clan can grind for the next shiney.

If Ubi would someday finally explain how the faction wars work, and implement them properly; it would work well enough so we wouldn't need clans but would still satisfy some people's need to belong to a special group.

XxHunterHxX
05-10-2017, 06:49 PM
who gives a **** when the game is already dying...coz of no servers...

Pope138
05-10-2017, 08:09 PM
No one has posted any good reasons why clans shouldn't be in the game, so please consider, Ubi!

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 08:13 PM
No one has posted any good reasons why clans shouldn't be in the game, so please consider, Ubi!

Says you. My concerns are legit.

Also the fact that they can't get the things that already exist in game right tells me this ain't gonna happen.

I'm still waiting for my ornaments from the faction war for crying out loud! What makes you think they'd get a clan system right?

Pope138
05-10-2017, 08:29 PM
I chose my words carefully.

Games with clans are always designed to reward the hardcore clans. Therefore leaving everyone else in the dust. They have to be that way otherwise what's the point of going through the work of running said clan.

I've been in plenty of clans in many different games where there was no reward for being in a clan and doing clan things. That can happen in For Honor.
But even if there are clan goals that award clans with some fancy cosmetic that you have no chance of getting since you don't want to be in a clan, then so what? Still doesn't affect your game.
Your argument comes down to: I don't like it, so no one should have it.

Liv3rp00l
05-10-2017, 08:35 PM
To be fair, a clan system would be a fantastic addition in For Honor, however, I do also have to agree with Razabak10mm; if four people were playing solo, and paired together in a game of say Dominion, against four players who were part of a clan, there is already an advantage given to the clan. This is unfair; it pretty much coerces people into joining clans.

Speaking as somebody who would definitley want to join a clan; I would like the matchmaking to pair pre-formed groups of clan members, with other pre-formed groups of clan members. This way, everybody wins. Those who don't wish to join a clan and prefer to log in casually, can still get good games without the constant gank that an established clan would subject them to. While the clans can duke it out against each other for whatever rewards it brings.

All in all, as long as it is implemented correctly, it could be great. But then again... This is Ubisoft...

Pope138
05-10-2017, 08:41 PM
To be fair, a clan system would be a fantastic addition in For Honor, however, I do also have to agree with Razabak10mm; if four people were playing solo, and paired together in a game of say Dominion, against four players who were part of a clan, there is already an advantage given to the clan. This is unfair; it pretty much coerces people into joining clans.

Speaking as somebody who would definitley want to join a clan; I would like the matchmaking to pair pre-formed groups of clan members, with other pre-formed groups of clan members. This way, everybody wins. Those who don't wish to join a clan and prefer to log in casually, can still get good games without the constant gank that an established clan would subject them to. While the clans can duke it out against each other for whatever rewards it brings.

All in all, as long as it is implemented correctly, it could be great. But then again... This is Ubisoft...

I wouldn't mind clan mm, but a clan vs. randos happens in so many games and is no different than four friends who play together getting matched up against 4 randos.
In the end it's just randoms vs. a coordinated team which is happening right now as we speak.

Liv3rp00l
05-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't mind clan mm, but a clan vs. randos happens in so many games and is no different than four friends who play together getting matched up against 4 randos.
In the end it's just randoms vs. a coordinated team which is happening right now as we speak.

Indeed, you're right. I won't debate that because I agree with you; but I do believe (I have no evidence for this, it's purely conjecture, but call it an educated guess), that there would be a positive correlation between teams of clan members and higher win ratios.

While teams of friends, can still be casual. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all clans will be hardcore; but they have a tendency to be more likely hardcore, than a group of friends, if that makes sense.

So, I maintain my original point, and would prefer a clan vs clan matchmaking system.

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 08:50 PM
I chose my words carefully.

I've been in plenty of clans in many different games where there was no reward for being in a clan and doing clan things. That can happen in For Honor.
But even if there are clan goals that award clans with some fancy cosmetic that you have no chance of getting since you don't want to be in a clan, then so what? Still doesn't affect your game.
Your argument comes down to: I don't like it, so no one should have it.

It's one thing if it's cosmetic items. Something else completely if it effects game performance. It's a slippery slope down the pay to win game model. One which Ubi has already started down by having an in game purchasable currency.

Sorry, you don't get the shinobi/centurion because your clan didn't rank high enough in this random tournament we had where each member had to spend 200k steel to enter.

This has been my experience with games like MCOC. It turns into a giant money suck and/or a grind for currency.

Pope138
05-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Indeed, you're right. I won't debate that because I agree with you; but I do believe (I have no evidence for this, it's purely conjecture, but call it an educated guess), that there would be a positive correlation between teams of clan members and higher win ratios.

While teams of friends, can still be casual. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all clans will be hardcore; but they have a tendency to be more likely hardcore, than a group of friends, if that makes sense.

So, I maintain my original point, and would prefer a clan vs clan matchmaking system.

Right on.
But I also think that coordination and teamwork should be encouraged in team games. Gankfests happen because teams don't work together like they should and I don't think we should send a message that using coordination, strategy, and teamwork is unfair to other players.

But, the playerbase is too small to divide into clan mm and solo mm. Maybe if a sequel comes out someday and isn't a complete mess it'll have enough people playing where clans can work. There are clubs on the Xbox (I'm sure PS has something similar) which are a great substitute.

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 08:58 PM
If it's just a way to met and coordinate with friends I have no problem with it. The co op teams vs random aspect doesn't bother me.

But if you think Ubi wouldn't take this opportunity to incentivize and therefore monitise this system, you are fooling yourselves.

Liv3rp00l
05-10-2017, 08:59 PM
But, the playerbase is too small to divide into clan mm and solo mm.

Hate leaving threads on a negative basis, so will end it here, this is spot on. The community does need more ways to interact these days, and less divisions, I suppose. Still, if the game had a healthy player base - Clan match making. ;)

VJWalker85
05-10-2017, 10:03 PM
I run with a group of friends when I play sometimes and together our win ratio does go up but we still run into those few randoms that manage to beat us. I know in overwatch they match grouped friends up against people who are considered higher in skill to make up for the lack of coordination.
But yes, please consider Ubi, this would be fantastic

UbiNoty
05-10-2017, 11:55 PM
I'll definitely pass along the suggestion! :D
My future clan: Clan Noty - Pop. of 1 >.<