PDA

View Full Version : Duels are now pointless

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 02:11 AM
99.8% of duel players do nothing but spam their safe buttons.
This is either their unblockable vortex or their zone attack. It's got to the point where I don't even bother fighting spammers, because it's physically impossible to beat these broken moves.

Let's clarify;
If you need to spam an unbeatable, broken move, YOU ARE NOT GOOD.

This isn't me crying, this is me pointing out obvious flaws which have been pointed out countless times. I also understand that zone attacks are apparently being addressed (shame the same can't be said for unblockable vortexs).

Bottom line; cheap tactics don't mean you're good. They mean you're a loser and need to resort to cheap tactics to win.

Before the 'GIT GUD U SALTY NOOB' kids start screaming, just bear in mind that Ubisoft have addressed these issues and agree that cheap tactics such as zone attack spamming and vortex spamming are not fair and not indicative of skill.

Gemini-Iceland
05-10-2017, 02:21 AM
Your post comes out a bit like salt tbh. But I do agree that the top 5-6 heroes all have very annoying tactics or 50/50's
Sadly Ubisoft has said they like 50/50's so I'm not sure they are going to "fix" those things but instead give all other heroes the same crap.
Just look at the Vortex "nerf" and the buff to Lawbringer. Nerf did pretty much nothing and Lawbringer got an annoying 50/50.

I have hopes though that their "defensive meta" change will drastically change the game. But we will see. I'm hoping it at least nerves parry a bit. Today you get way too much for getting a parry. It is not that hard to do and you get good damage if it works or instant kill if there are environmentals nearby.

p.s. If someone writes he is not doing something he usually is doing said thing :)

Egotistic_Ez
05-10-2017, 02:32 AM
Yeah duelling atm is very boring. Hopefully when the turtle meta nerf goes through it'll make the mode playable at high level.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 02:42 AM
'Salty' is a word children use currently to describe anyone who doesn't agree with them. Not only is it childish, it's wrong. originally, the term of phrase was 'sour'. Salty is just stupid.

Fairly sure they haven't said they like 50/50s. They're slowly nerfing them, albeit poorly at first.

P.s assuming someone is doing something when they say otherwise is called 'not being able to read'.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 02:59 AM
'Salty' is a word children use currently to describe anyone who doesn't agree with them. Not only is it childish, it's wrong. originally, the term of phrase was 'sour'. Salty is just stupid.

Fairly sure they haven't said they like 50/50s. They're slowly nerfing them, albeit poorly at first.

P.s assuming someone is doing something when they say otherwise is called 'not being able to read'.

"Salty" has nothing to do with disagreeing with someone, it's all about someone taking a loss way too hard. So is sour okay if it's the original term?

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 03:47 AM
Side stepping is hands down the single best defense against these cheese tactics. even the Valk cheese can be bested by a well timed dash to the left or right.

Secondly I'm going to address the OPs comments about unbeatable moves as well as the term "salty or sour(for those over 40).
So in fighting games they work out mechanics to specifically negate a move from being "unbeatable". However they do have "unblockable" hits. Strikes that blow through an enemies defensive stance. Though bear in mind, even an unblockable attack can be parried. I parry kensei over head unblockable attacks regularly.
I even managed to deflect a side unblockable. Though that was pure accident and I will likely never pull that one off if I tried.
The point I'm making here , and the tie in for all this is when you say things like:

Bottom line; cheap tactics don't mean you're good. They mean you're a loser and need to resort to cheap tactics to win.

This isn't me crying, this is me pointing out obvious flaws which have been pointed out countless times.

You come off as salty and whiney. And here's why:

Your first comment. Cheap tactic or not, you lost. Even cheap tactics in this game can be punished. Especially in a slow setting like 1v1. So really you are the loser. By technicality, If nothing else.

The second: pure hyperbole. In fact not the only one you used either. that's what defines whiners is an excessive use of misleading hyperbole.

The final comment: if it isn't you whining what is it? Oh you are pointing out things that have been pointed out already. Cool.

Wanna cookie?

Sorry you are getting rekt kiddo.

Egotistic_Ez
05-10-2017, 04:02 AM
"Salty" has nothing to do with disagreeing with someone, it's all about someone taking a loss way too hard. So is sour okay if it's the original term?

That's the real definition, yes. But a lot of people will just use it in lieu of a rebuttal. Oh no! This person has a far better and more logical standpoint than my own childish view! Better switch to the salty insults!

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:40 AM
Oh, so you think zone attacks can be side stepped? Hilarious.
The frames for zone attacks are so much lower than that of a side step (even of assassin characters). On console it is literally impossible to counter certain zone attacks, assuming you react after the move has been initiated (because as previously mentioned, the fps do not physically allow that).

Wowee, you counter kensei unblockables. The most obvious attack in the game. Gee whiz kid, you must be amazing!
Obviously not all unblockables are what I'm referring to as unbeatable. The kensei doesn't have a single vortex anyway...

Unbeatable attacks are ones that cannot be avoided unless by pure luck. This includes certain zone attacks (my inspiration for the post was an orochi and peacekeeper CONTINUALLY spamming zone attacks to win, FYI I still won), and certain vortex moves (lawbringers shove follow up, wardens shoulder bash follow up.
Guaranteed hits and safety buttons are what make this game mediocre.

I cannot stress enough that UBISOFT ARE ADDRESSING THESE ISSUES.

Your idea of what's hyperbole is wrong, as I have stated that the developers of the game are addressing the issues stated.

'rekt' is another childishly vile word used by GIT GUD kids. So yeah, your argument is totally invalid. Thanks 'kiddo'. Go cry somewhere else.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:43 AM
Also, your lack of knowledge of this game is obvious. You think deflecting unblockables is difficult or luck? That's literally what deflect is for. I deflect unblockables all the time, no big deal.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:45 AM
Wow, someone actually pays attention to what the devs are saying! I agree, I hope the turtle nerf is as critical as they're suggesting.
I can't help but feel that Ubisoft panders to the children who rely on cheap awful tactics, because that's the majority of players. I mean just look at this thread, I state literally nothing but fact and the kids are crying. It's sad really.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:52 AM
'Salty' is a word to describe when something has too much salt in. There's no logic to it whatsoever and calling someone 'salty' means absolutely nothing to anyone with a brain cell. It's merely a badge of stupidity.

Helnekromancer
05-10-2017, 04:52 AM
The frames for zone attacks are so much lower than that of a side step (even of assassin characters). On console it is literally impossible to counter certain zone attacks, assuming you react after the move has been initiated (because as previously mentioned, the fps do not physically allow that).

Wowee, you counter kensei unblockables. The most obvious attack in the game. Gee whiz kid, you must be amazing!
Obviously not all unblockables are what I'm referring to as unbeatable. The kensei doesn't have a single vortex anyway...

Unbeatable attacks are ones that cannot be avoided unless by pure luck. This includes certain zone attacks (my inspiration for the post was an orochi and peacekeeper CONTINUALLY spamming zone attacks to win, FYI I still won), and certain vortex moves (lawbringers shove follow up, wardens shoulder bash follow up.

Your idea of what's hyperbole is wrong, as I have stated that the developers of the game are addressing the issues stated.

'rekt' is another childishly vile word used by GIT GUD kids. So yeah, your argument is totally invalid. Thanks 'kiddo'. Go cry somewhere else.

I sidestep warden's zone attack 60% of the time but its easier to simply block it and parry orochi's zone attack quick often sometimes using hidden stance and dodging it. You can't wait for it since it comes out so fast so you just have to predict it coming ahead of time, they usually follow a pattern that leads up to their zone attack or they slightly pause. It it possible to accomplish with practice.

Rikuto01.tv
05-10-2017, 05:00 AM
Actually, cheap tactics does mean you're good.

The game begins at the character select screen. If you choose a bad character and then proceed to use bad tools, you are also a bad player.

Similar to how using a weed wacker to mow an entire lawn makes you a terrible landscaper. I mean yea you can do it but that hardly makes you someone worth admiring.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Actually, cheap tactics does mean you're good.

The game begins at the character select screen. If you choose a bad character and then proceed to use bad tools, you are also a bad player.

Similar to how using a weed wacker to mow an entire lawn makes you a terrible landscaper. I mean yea you can do it but that hardly makes you someone worth admiring.

Cheap players may get wins but they don't get respect. If you don't care about respect and only wins, then you should be okay with people thinking you have no skill.

also, fixing the defensive meta isn't going to fix people spamming cheap moves. Warden needs a straight nerf, either SB into GB or their zone attack, why do they have both?

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 05:12 AM
'Salty' is a word to describe when something has too much salt in. There's no logic to it whatsoever and calling someone 'salty' means absolutely nothing to anyone with a brain cell. It's merely a badge of stupidity.

If you want to take the word salty literally then yeah but it has another meaning in our culture. The same meaning as sour (which seems it's fine if we use sour but not salty for some reason for you.) but you can counter zones, you can block them and dodge has iframes so yes you can dodge it too. You speak of vortex's but there's only one vortex in this game. Warden is the only one that has one and they have nerfed it to make it punishable. It's still very strong but it's at least risky to abuse.

cragar212
05-10-2017, 05:16 AM
Well the average skill level in duels is significantly higher then other game modes. However MMR actually works in duels so if you don't rage quit you should be evenly matched.

Lately it seems about 1/3 of my duel opponents are really outmatched by me. Then they rage quit. If people have 100% win rates they are going to get matched against players far better then them.

As far as cheesy moves It should be easy to adapt to if it's all they are doing. An example would be a pk flickering ZA making you guess if its a ZA or a LA. Just guess a parry. 3 parry = deaded pk.

Whenever I start a new character I just duel for like 3 hrs straight losing like 75% at first. Its rough but duels are by far the best way to learn to deal with cheese.

Rikuto01.tv
05-10-2017, 05:17 AM
Cheap players may get wins but they don't get respect. If you don't care about respect and only wins, then you should be okay with people thinking you have no skill.

also, fixing the defensive meta isn't going to fix people spamming cheap moves. Warden needs a straight nerf, either SB into GB or their zone attack, why do they have both?

The point of the game is to win, not get respect. The game doesn't give you points for getting respect. And tournaments don't give you money for it either.

You're playing for an irrelevant goal.

Why would you want respect from a demographic made up largely of loud teenagers and greasy neckbeards (the camp I fall into) anyway? That's not exactly a valuable commodity. Play to win. It's the only thing that is officially acknowledged by the game itself.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 05:22 AM
Well the average skill level in duels is significantly higher then other game modes. However MMR actually works in duels so if you don't rage quit you should be evenly matched.

Lately it seems about 1/3 of my duel opponents are really outmatched by me. Then they rage quit. If people have 100% win rates they are going to get matched against players far better then them.

As far as cheesy moves It should be easy to adapt to if it's all they are doing. An example would be a pk flickering ZA making you guess if its a ZA or a LA. Just guess a parry. 3 parry = deaded pk.

Whenever I start a new character I just duel for like 3 hrs straight losing like 75% at first. Its rough but duels are by far the best way to learn to deal with cheese.

He plays on console so it really is easier said than done. I recently started using a controller with a wire and changed my tv display settings to "game" and makes a world of difference. Never thought it would but I'm parrying lights like I never could before. Not everyone has a way to do this on console or even knows about it so I think this plays a huge role in the pk hate. I'll agree with him that exploits are lame but I can't think of a single attack that's 100% unavoidable. Clearly I'm not talking about a gb, wall stun, or knock down follow up.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:04 AM
The point of the game is to win, not get respect. The game doesn't give you points for getting respect. And tournaments don't give you money for it either.

You're playing for an irrelevant goal.

Why would you want respect from a demographic made up largely of loud teenagers and greasy neckbeards (the camp I fall into) anyway? That's not exactly a valuable commodity. Play to win. It's the only thing that is officially acknowledged by the game itself.

There is no ranked and tournaments pay out like 50 bucks or something. And most people do care what others think of their playstyle otherwise there wouldn't be so much salt. I doubt you're a sociopath so you probably care too. No one wants to be seen as a no skill cheese player.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:07 AM
There is no ranked and tournaments pay out like 50 bucks or something. And most people do care what others think of their playstyle otherwise there wouldn't be so much salt. I doubt you're a sociopath so you probably care too. No one wants to be seen as a no skill cheese player.

But there are also people who are obsessed with stats. That matters to some people more than an anonymous player they will likely not see again.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:10 AM
But there are also people who are obsessed with stats. That matters to some people more than an anonymous player they will likely not see again.

There are no stats either, afaik only you can see your profile W/L ratio. And I see the same people all the time. I remember the ones that play with honor and the ones that cheese

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:17 AM
There are no stats either, afaik only you can see your profile W/L ratio. And I see the same people all the time. I remember the ones that play with honor and the ones that cheese

https://fhtracker.com Stats are here and you can even see people in these forums who either flex them or admit to rage quitting to avoid taking a hit to their stats. Honor and cheese are subjective or just straight up words many players don't care about. Your code is going to be different than others and many don't care about your code or if you remember them. They care about winning.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:19 AM
https://fhtracker.com Stats are here and you can even see people in these forums who either flex them or admit to rage quitting to avoid taking a hit to their stats. Honor and cheese are subjective or just straight up words many players don't care about. Your code is going to be different than others and many don't care about your code or if you remember them. They care about winning.

eh I play video games for fun. If they're pro and they make real money playing like that more power to them but otherwise that's just pathetic.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:23 AM
eh I play video games for fun. If they're pro and they make real money playing like that more power to them but otherwise that's just pathetic.

But maybe that's how they have fun with their games. They could say you are pathetic for having an imaginary code of honor in a video game. I'm not saying you are but I just think it's hypocritical to judge someone based off of the way they play a game. People only get to pro by trying, it doesn't just fall in their lap.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:27 AM
But maybe that's how they have fun with their games. They could say you are pathetic for having an imaginary code of honor in a video game. I'm not saying you are but I just think it's hypocritical to judge someone based off of the way they play a game. People only get to pro by trying, it doesn't just fall in their lap.

I never said I don't try, I consider myself good at games, I'm korean it's in my blood. I'm just saying people look down on cheese, that is universal, it's not a style of play. Even the top streamers take care not to cheese, and they look down on cheese when they play in tournaments as well as the rest of their stream.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Some streamers do, not everyone. Especially not the people who use cheese and win. It's also not universally looked down upon. Some people couldn't care less, again it's all subjective. Koreans also have different values than the west. Look into the fountain hook on YouTube if you want to see what I mean.

Rikuto01.tv
05-10-2017, 06:39 AM

And that's where you're wrong. Plenty of us don't care how you see us.

I would even argue that most of us don't care.

50 bucks? Usually less than that. Yea. So, you win as often as possible. They are daily tournaments. Adds up fast. I've been able to buy an Xbone with a copy of FH and Halo 5, and I'm still in the positive even subtracting registration fees. That's purely off of GB tournaments, which I only started doing in April and not counting what I made at Final Round for doubles. I've also won thousands playing other games at offline events. Does that make these any less worth doing? Nope.

Competition is competition, whether its five dollars or five thousand.

i play the game and the scene that exists in reality. You play the one that exists purely in your head. That doesn't make either of us a sociopath, but it does make you misguided as to what actually matters.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Some streamers do, not everyone. Especially not the people who use cheese and win. It's also not universally looked down upon. Some people couldn't care less, again it's all subjective. Koreans also have different values than the west. Look into the fountain hook on YouTube if you want to see what I mean.

dude I'm a korean who grew up in the west. East or west playing cheap gets called out.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:44 AM
And that's where you're wrong. Plenty of us don't care how you see us.

I would even argue that most of us don't care.

50 bucks? Usually less than that. Yea. So, you win as often as possible. They are daily tournaments. Adds up fast. I've been able to buy an Xbone with a copy of FH and Halo 5, and I'm still in the positive even subtracting registration fees. That's purely off of GB tournaments, which I only started doing in April and not counting what I made at Final Round for doubles. I've also won thousands playing other games at offline events. Does that make these any less worth doing? Nope.

Competition is competition, whether its five dollars or five thousand.

i play the game and the scene that exists in reality. You play the one that exists purely in your head. That doesn't make either of us a sociopath, but it does make you misguided as to what actually matters.

So you're a pro who makes money off games. I made an exception for you no need to get offended. Most people don't make money off this game so when they play cheap it's pathetic

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:49 AM
dude I'm a korean who grew up in the west. East or west playing cheap gets called out.

It doesn't though, and again your version of "cheap" or "cheese" is subjective. No one can read your mind and is going to play by your rules. Really if you are "calling someone out," People will just see you as salty. (Oops sorry mud, I said the wrong word. I mean sour which has the same meaning.) The thread points to that.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:50 AM
So you're a pro who makes money off games. I made an exception for you no need to get offended. Most people don't make money off this game so when they play cheap it's pathetic

And you are pathetic for getting this salty (sour). I don't actually think that again but do you not see how you are being a bit absurd?

dekot11
05-10-2017, 06:55 AM
It doesn't though, and again your version of "cheap" or "cheese" is subjective. No one can read your mind and is going to play by your rules. Really if you are "calling someone out," People will just see you as salty. (Oops sorry mud, I said the wrong word. I mean sour which has the same meaning.) The thread points to that.

Yeah I'm starting to think you're just a guy who likes to argue. Do you ever play fighting games with your friends? When someone plays cheap, they get called on it. It's not a hard concept. Cheese is not subjective, all games have cheap characters and cheap moves. Unless you're some kind of pro playing at the highest tier, playing like that is way too tryhard.

There's a reason why Daigo is more highly regarded than Justin Wong. Same goes for the New England Patriots and Real Madrid. Yeah those guys have fans but they're still pathetic.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Yeah I do play with my friends and my cousins. The winner is the winner and whoever loses and starts complaining about cheap tactics or cheap characters than we all laugh at them and call them salty. Cheese is subjective though, something you see as cheesey some might not. Call them a tryhard all you want, you will just be seen as salty.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 07:08 AM
Don't watch enough street fighter to get the reference and don't know anything about soccer. The pats Will still be known as one of the goat and when Brady retires he will also be known as one of the goat if the not the goat. People don't remember second place and they don't remember losers. People don't remember or care about the kid preaching about "honor" in a video game. They care about winning. "Honor" is just a convenient way to brush off a loss and convince yourself you are the better player.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Don't watch enough street fighter to get the reference and don't know anything about soccer. The pats Will still be known as one of the goat and when Brady retires he will also be known as one of the goat if the not the goat. People don't remember second place and they don't remember losers. People don't remember or care about the kid preaching about "honor" in a video game. They care about winning. "Honor" is just a convenient way to brush off a loss and convince yourself you are the better player.

Ok man, different values. I'm not a kid, I've lived long enough to know that people judge people through a variety of ways and integrity is one of them. The people who do whatever it takes to win are seen as ****s and they usually don't end up with the nicest house either. I said the word honor one time in all these posts and you're just running with it, I don't know where and when I offended you but you are a contrary **** lol. Have fun playing this video game man, good night.

bananaflow2017
05-10-2017, 07:39 AM
The Problem with this cheap Tactics is that you simply no other option.
Lets say i Play a warlord and you Play warden.
What kind of options do i have to atack you? When I gb u will cgb and nothing happens. When I do a light atack u will parry and punish me with heavy top. So i dont light atack you. When I do a heavy you will parry and punish me with a gb and hit me with a heavy side. Same with my jump atack. So the only thing i can do to bot get ridiculusly hard punished is..... headbutt light headbutt light.
Blame the game in this case not the player. He got no other options...

SnugglesIV
05-10-2017, 07:40 AM
I sidestep warden's zone attack 60% of the time but its easier to simply block it and parry orochi's zone attack quick often sometimes using hidden stance and dodging it. You can't wait for it since it comes out so fast so you just have to predict it coming ahead of time, they usually follow a pattern that leads up to their zone attack or they slightly pause. It it possible to accomplish with practice.

Why would you sidestep Warden's zone?! Block it and laugh as you get a guaranteed GB. The only character that doesn't get a free GB after blocking Warden is LB, and even then you CAN get it if you delay the GB attempt so you GB instead of shoving (the timing is very tight though to get the guaranteed GB). Parrying Orochi's zone is a difficult feat, but you definitely can react block Oro's zone. The only time it becomes guessing is if he flickers the zone, and that should be getting fixed soon(TM).

And to all the people hating on the OP, he DOES have a point. Duels often devolve into turtle fests where nobody commits to anything (save the occasional bamboozle heavy to throw people off). I've had matches where I've had to stare lovingly into someone's eyes, waiting for them to make a move. Sure, you CAN beat these kinds of people but it's very tiresome and the roster is so restricted in 1v1 because of the defensive meta. There's a reason why the devs are tackling the "defence" meta in season 2.

bananaflow2017
05-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Why would you sidestep Warden's zone?! Block it and laugh as you get a guaranteed GB. The only character that doesn't get a free GB after blocking Warden is LB, and even then you CAN get it if you delay the GB attempt so you GB instead of shoving (the timing is very tight though to get the guaranteed GB). Parrying Orochi's zone is a difficult feat, but you definitely can react block Oro's zone. The only time it becomes guessing is if he flickers the zone, and that should be getting fixed soon(TM).

And to all the people hating on the OP, he DOES have a point. Duels often devolve into turtle fests where nobody commits to anything (save the occasional bamboozle heavy to throw people off). I've had matches where I've had to stare lovingly into someone's eyes, waiting for them to make a move. Sure, you CAN beat these kinds of people but it's very tiresome and the roster is so restricted in 1v1 because of the defensive meta. There's a reason why the devs are tackling the "defence" meta in season 2.

Pretty much this....
Since the last Patch 4v4 become a gankfest. So I often play duells in the last time.
And U are so right. Faced many kind of wardens in the last time who allways Turtle wait for a parry and start vortex.
This is just so annoying XD.
This duells also last forever. It's like I allways feint 28271382 for getting 1 light or bash with my valk.....
Allways when i start a second light i get parried in this case.
This is just boring.....

DrinkinMyStella
05-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Duelling is pointless now, its too easy to parry and everyone hides behind the defensive meta, i like to attack and feint and try and bait but its impossible when they sit there and don't do anything, but the devs are working on this defensive meta because they hate it as well. you cant even GB because they sit and wait for the counter.

DeLatv
05-10-2017, 09:41 AM
I agree with the post. I didnt bought this game to dodge shoulder bashes/ head buts and guard break them, Or to get hit by attacks that only top 5 % can react to deflect, not mention parry...

The game devs are clearly new to fighting games and has little understand what does make fighting game truly fun.

If the game offers 2 types of attakcs from 3 locations feints, guard break, zone and a special move, but you use only Top light, zone, guard break and special move. Then the game is terribly developed, ballanced and not worth my time.

Sadly I love this game, and hope For Honor 2 will fix all the terrible mistakes, so i can play this game till dying from old age.

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 09:43 AM
I think maybe you come across as salty because you appear to be blaming the players, not good, loser, cheap tactics etc. To be honest it's a game issue, not a player issue. The combat isn't exactly the fine art of war we were hoping for, and almost every class has at least one move that allows the player to win more by using it over and over when compared to trying to use every move in the moveset. This is a moveset design problem and a combat problem, a fundamental game design problem, not a cheap, loser, no good player problem.

People can only use the movesets they are given. We only have so many moves to use, and if half / most of them aren't effective, then what choice do you really have? You deliberately gimp yourself if you avoid using what works best due to some misguided belief that you are then a good player.

I notice that you fall on the side of Ubisoft being the heroes for addressing this while the players are the villains for using these moves, but lets not forget Ubisoft designed these movesets and they gave these broken tools to the players. If they expected people not to use them on principle then they don't know people very well. If they had no idea they would be a problem, then they don't test / make games very well. Either way, the players aren't really the issue.

But yes, I agree with you, Duels are boring. There is a reason Duels have consistently had Low Activity since the game launched. For me Duels are of no interest. Luckily there is an entirely different side to the game, the 4 vs 4 modes, which play completely differently (especially Dominion and Skirmish). I only Duel if I have to complete an Order, and even then I'd rather fight a bot.

DrinkinMyStella
05-10-2017, 09:56 AM
I agree with the post. I didnt bought this game to dodge shoulder bashes/ head buts and guard break them, Or to get hit by attacks that only top 5 % can react to deflect, not mention parry...

The game devs are clearly new to fighting games and has little understand what does make fighting game truly fun.

If the game offers 2 types of attakcs from 3 locations feints, guard break, zone and a special move, but you use only Top light, zone, guard break and special move. Then the game is terribly developed, ballanced and not worth my time.

Sadly I love this game, and hope For Honor 2 will fix all the terrible mistakes, so i can play this game till dying from old age.

the devs are actually as we speak re designing the entire mechanics and how to stop the turtle defensive meta and changing how the gear stats work and re balancing the characters etc it will play like a different game but hopefully for the best.

DeLatv
05-10-2017, 10:05 AM
@Gray360UK When you need to unlock to abuse Nobushi zone attack, then its not only a games problem, its ****ty scum persons fault too.

Games with complex game mechanics is impossible to be bugfree. But to go out of your way to incorporate bugs in playing against other players, is no DIFFERENT than using Wall hacks or aim bot.

As 1st the person has to go out of his way to play the game as it was unintended to get the conclusion of starting attacks and the going out of lock to make the attack unparriable. Memmber Shugoki double hit, that was unparriable 90 dmg?

Players are as much fault of abusing unintended game mechanics, as devs not fixing them.

One easy simple fix would be, private custom servers. So GMs could ban those people... But thats a far fetched dream.

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 11:20 AM

The only thing I'm going to bother addressing is that you are a terrible player if you are blaming your poor reaction time on low FPS and I hazard to guess you don't even know what it means or how it pertains to gaming in general.
I say that because you use the FPS scapegoat probably because you've heard it fly around and it sounds nice.

Maybe learn to play the game before you whine.

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Wow, someone actually pays attention to what the devs are saying! I agree, I hope the turtle nerf is as critical as they're suggesting.
I can't help but feel that Ubisoft panders to the children who rely on cheap awful tactics, because that's the majority of players. I mean just look at this thread, I state literally nothing but fact and the kids are crying. It's sad really.

And this is not fact. Actually the only thing you've said this entire thread that is accurate is

This isn't me crying, this is me pointing out obvious flaws which have been pointed out countless times.

The rest is all subjective opinions about your gameplay experience.

cragar212
05-10-2017, 12:27 PM
The funny thing is half the people who complain about duels sucking are the same people who want brawl and elimination matchs to be mini duel tourneys :confused:

I play all modes except skirmish regularly but really find that duels are the most competitive due to the matchmaking even though they are the most basic game mode.

If they just added ranked mode with s2 :(

Edit

Heres final match of last 4v4 tourny. If only premades could get competitive 4v4 outside of tournaments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZHLJjoMCW8

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Ok man, different values. I'm not a kid, I've lived long enough to know that people judge people through a variety of ways and integrity is one of them. The people who do whatever it takes to win are seen as ****s and they usually don't end up with the nicest house either. I said the word honor one time in all these posts and you're just running with it, I don't know where and when I offended you but you are a contrary **** lol. Have fun playing this video game man, good night.

Lol you are certainly acting like a kid. It's a video game dude, integrity has nothing to do with this. They arent stealing money from homeless orphans they are playing to win. Look how you go to real life status when it comes to the way people play games. Since you know street fighter you probably know about lowtiergod, and he's known to do the same thing. People look at that as being salty and there are tons of salt compilations of him. Honestly you just were making yourself sound like a dumbie and I was trying to show you how unreasonable you were being. No cord struck, no offense taken and no offense given. Have a good night to you too and have fun.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 12:49 PM

He plays on console where the turtle meta doesn't exist. I don't want to completely crap on the guy but if you've read his other posts you would know his understanding of the game shows he's not anywhere near the higher end of the game where dueling gets to be so restricted. He's at the level where it's still fun and character choice doesn't matter nearly as much.

Netcode_err_404
05-10-2017, 01:02 PM
In case of turtle, pick up your warden, pk, warlord and start to spam like theres no tomorrow.

May not be fun, but is the only way to force them a reaction.

Feints ae useless, because all non unblockable attacks are just blocked without any consequences. Not to mention about GB, at high lvl's the only Gb you will do is the one after a parry.

DrinkinMyStella
05-10-2017, 01:27 PM
@Gray360UK When you need to unlock to abuse Nobushi zone attack, then its not only a games problem, its ****ty scum persons fault too.

Games with complex game mechanics is impossible to be bugfree. But to go out of your way to incorporate bugs in playing against other players, is no DIFFERENT than using Wall hacks or aim bot.

As 1st the person has to go out of his way to play the game as it was unintended to get the conclusion of starting attacks and the going out of lock to make the attack unparriable. Memmber Shugoki double hit, that was unparriable 90 dmg?

Players are as much fault of abusing unintended game mechanics, as devs not fixing them.

One easy simple fix would be, private custom servers. So GMs could ban those people... But thats a far fetched dream.

Its not the players fault at all, spam a zone then run out of stamina so its has its downfalls. When a hero only has a few viable moves then you will use them right? WL = Headbutt and throw, PK = Bleed dmg and fast attacks, valk = her sweep and shield bash/tackle, shugo = one hit kill and super damage, nobushi = bleed stab and zone, warden = shoulder bash vortex, = kensei = side dash attacks every character has it's viable moveset which ubisoft created and they all can be punished if missed. the players have adapted and play the way ubi made the mechanics so its not really the users fault if they play the game the way it was made.

Obdach01
05-10-2017, 01:42 PM

You are putting everyone into the childish corner so hard, that it almost makes you a childe. So what someone did not know the correct term and used 'salty' instead of 'sour'. Ever thought that he might not be native english speaking? Or does that not fit into your anglo-saxon world view?
I for one understood what he meant by 'salty' and did not need to teach him the proper use. Why don't you try to get the correct term in German, or Italian, or Mandarin?
Calling people childish ten times does not make them childish, but you.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 02:16 PM

It's so funny to me when someone tells someone "go cry somewhere else" when they weren't even close to crying, whining, or complaining. He was telling you to stop complaining, that doesn't equate to crying.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Antonio IS just a guy who likes to argue. Gets involved in every post on here and thinks he's the boss when really he can't read.
Just ignore the troll.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 02:43 PM
It has nothing to do with being English or not, its mostly American kids that say salty.
Calling people childish makes me childish? So...You calling me childish makes you childish too? Nice logic.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Antonio IS just a guy who likes to argue. Gets involved in every post on here and thinks he's the boss when really he can't read.
Just ignore the troll.

Stop saying dumb things and I'll stop pointing out why they are dumb.

DrinkinMyStella
05-10-2017, 02:54 PM
ermmm back on topic maybe?

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Just ignore the troll.

Actually Antonio is one of the few people with a difference in opinions that I can actually have a beneficial discourse with and know it's not going to devolve much the way your topic of origin has.

The fact you claim him as a troll makes you lot only look ignorant, but foolish. mostly cause the troll you are looking for is right here. Nice try though.

This is just another example of you whining, throwing out immaculate and false information, then trying to slander other players in an attempt(failed as it is) to garner support against them.

This whole thread is an Epic of Time wasted on your part. Care to describe what failure tastes like? Does it taste... salty? XD

S8Canadian
05-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Lol you are certainly acting like a kid. It's a video game dude, integrity has nothing to do with this. They arent stealing money from homeless orphans they are playing to win. Look how you go to real life status when it comes to the way people play games. Since you know street fighter you probably know about lowtiergod, and he's known to do the same thing. People look at that as being salty and there are tons of salt compilations of him. Honestly you just were making yourself sound like a dumbie and I was trying to show you how unreasonable you were being. No cord struck, no offense taken and no offense given. Have a good night to you too and have fun.

He is correct. "he people who do whatever it takes to win are seen as ****s". This goes for any competitive activity outside of real life and death combat (and possibly even then) in my opinion .

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 03:26 PM
ermmm back on topic maybe?

Agreed, Stella.

This is either their unblockable vortex or their zone attack. It's got to the point where I don't even bother fighting spammers, because it's physically impossible to beat these broken moves.

Let's clarify;
If you need to spam an unbeatable, broken move, YOU ARE NOT GOOD.

This isn't me crying, this is me pointing out obvious flaws which have been pointed out countless times. I also understand that zone attacks are apparently being addressed (shame the same can't be said for unblockable vortexs).

Before the 'GIT GUD U SALTY NOOB' kids start screaming, just bear in mind that Ubisoft have addressed these issues and agree that cheap tactics such as zone attack spamming and vortex spamming are not fair and not indicative of skill.

Only one character has a vortex and you can punish people who spam it now, all zone attacks can be blocked, parried, or dodged. Yes some are more difficult than others but it's not impossible. The three that come to mind are orochi, warden, and pk. Wardens gives you a freeguard break on block. Orochi only has one other attack that doesn't suck so really you only have to watch your top and right. Pks been nerfed for the last couple patches so it's time to leave her alone for a bit and see where she lands.

The fact of the matter is no one is going to change their tactic or think less of their skill level because of muds thread. There are no unbeatable attacks, there are definitely some better than others but not unbeatable. Him pointing out that there are broken moves isn't anything new. It's obvious to anyone who plays for honor that there are unbalanced. "Cheap tactics" are subjective and calling someone a loser for using them is just factually incorrect, they won and You lost. It does come off salty if you do this. Best thing you can do is adapt. The game isn't made by you and no one is going to play by an arbitrary set of rules you come up with in your head. You won't find a single quote from ubi that says "that cheap tactics such as zone attack spamming and vortex spamming are not fair and not indicative of skill," or anything even remotely close.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Actually Antonio is one of the few people with a difference in opinions that I can actually have a beneficial discourse with and know it's not going to devolve much the way your topic of origin has.

The fact you claim him as a troll makes you lot only look ignorant, but foolish. mostly cause the troll you are looking for is right here. Nice try though.

This is just another example of you whining, throwing out immaculate and false information, then trying to slander other players in an attempt(failed as it is) to garner support against them.

This whole thread is an Epic of Time wasted on your part. Care to describe what failure tastes like? Does it taste... salty? XD

Thanks alustar, I genuinely don't try to come off as rude or argumentative. I just try and point out that there are different strategies or tactics that can be used in this game. I can't think of one attack or tactic that is indefensible. I have a pretty good grasp on what does or doesn't work on this game, I read a lot about it. I love this game and when I love something I get obsessed with every small detail going down to knowing the best parry follow throughs, match ups, frame data, damage value, and tactics. I try to help players or give them advice on what does or doesn't work, and I also learn a lot here. Just yesterday I changed my tv settings to "game" and the display lag is completely different than before. It feels way more responsive and it was all because I read something here. I don't come here to argue. I come to learn and teach others what I've learned.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 03:40 PM
He is correct. "he people who do whatever it takes to win are seen as ****s". This goes for any competitive activity outside of real life and death combat (and possibly even then) in my opinion .

What I'm saying is yes some people see that but many also don't care what other people think about how they play or how others play. You shouldn't live your life based on others opinion of you Least of all not a video game. Why does the opinion of some rando you'll never see in real life or likely even in game again matter? You won't remember or care about that guy in a week or two (way less more often than not) unless you let it get under your skin that bad. I'm just saying people aren't going to change how they play because their inbox has a message that says "gg noob try beating me without cheap tactics, oh that's right you can't because you are a loser and spam unblockables." It's seen as salty and always will be.

Pope138
05-10-2017, 03:46 PM

So your salty because people say "salty?"

Gray360UK
05-10-2017, 03:48 PM
So your salty because people say "salty?"

:D

WoodDaGawd
05-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Rekt noob.. Git Gud scrub

GheyimeMadeMeAn
05-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Gotta use dat CC to negate the parry game. :o

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:25 PM
In all honesty, I just love bringing out the kids on this forum.
As usual, any sort of valid point is instantly met with 'GIT GUD SCRUB Y U SO SALTY ERMAGHERD'.

This game is just full of children who can't read, can't write and can't play this game for sh it.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 04:33 PM
As usual, any sort of valid point is instantly met with 'GIT GUD SCRUB Y U SO SALTY ERMAGHERD'.

This game is just full of children who can't read, can't write and can't play this game for sh it.

What valid points? Mostly everything you said is either opinion, things everyone already knows, or wrong.

1. You said people who spam unlblockables are bad.

Opinion.

2. You said certain attacks are unbeatable.

I've already addressed this, there are no unbeatable attacks. List what attacks are unbeatable and I'll tell you how to beat them or if you want to set up a custom game I can teach you how.

3. You said salty means you disagree with someone and it used to be called sour.

Yes sour is a synonym for salty but no it doesn't mean you disagree with someone. It means you are overly upset over losing.

4. People who use the word salty are childish

That's an opinion

5. The game has broken mechanics

Yes everyone knows this

WoodDaGawd
05-10-2017, 04:44 PM

Says the guy complaining about losing

:cool:

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:46 PM
You're quite clearly ******ed. I'm not even going to explain how literally every point of yours is wrong, just go outside and get a life you sad little person.

FYI, my 'opinion' is seconded by Ubisoft apparently. Must be coincidence.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 04:52 PM
You're quite clearly ******ed. I'm not even going to explain how literally every point of yours is wrong, just go outside and get a life you sad little person.

FYI, my 'opinion' is seconded by Ubisoft apparently. Must be coincidence.

You won't explain because you can't. You won't show me where Ubisoft agrees with you because you can't. Nothing sad about me, and I am outside. My phone like many others has internet.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Every patch released so far? Moron.

Any spectators, Antonio is the guy who asks for 1v1s to seem like a big man then refuses because he knows he's awful. Just another stupid little child.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Every patch released so far? Moron.

Any spectators, Antonio is the guy who asks for 1v1s to seem like a big man then refuses because he knows he's awful. Just another stupid little child.

When did I refuse? Ive never refused a duel from anyone and I still never will. I'm happy to take you on any day. What patch says "that cheap tactics such as zone attack spamming and vortex spamming are not fair and not indicative of skill.?" Not one.

Pope138
05-10-2017, 05:24 PM
When did I refuse? Ive never refused a duel from anyone and I still never will. I'm happy to take you on any day. What patch says "that cheap tactics such as zone attack spamming and vortex spamming are not fair and not indicative of skill.?" Not one.

Be sure to record and post so the rest of us can see. :p

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Be sure to record and post so the rest of us can see. :p

He won't duel me. He's refused already and used the excuse that he doesn't play with spammers even though he doesn't have a clue who I use or the way I play. If I was home I would pull up the direct quote but it's too much of a hassle on my phone I will later though if he tries to deny it or say I'm lying.

Helnekromancer
05-10-2017, 05:37 PM

I sidestep because I'm not always going to be able to block it because I'm a nobushi with slow guard stance so sometimes i have to rely on other ways to get by. Sidestepping it also gives me a chance to GB. And yes you can block it but parrying it allows you to punish him for attempting all block does is keep him in your face so he can try something else.

dekot11
05-10-2017, 05:55 PM

lowtiergod is hated because he plays cheap. and because he gets salty when he loses. I just gotta say you are unpleasant af. I kept it civil the entire time and your passive aggressive beta ******** is unbearable. No wonder you have to play games with your cousins.

All I'm saying is that people don't like people who play cheap. How is that a dumb statement? There are tactics generally accepted as cheap in any game or activity. People generally don't like that ****. They look down on the people who abuse it. These are facts, get over it.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:10 PM
lowtiergod is hated because he plays cheap. and because he gets salty when he loses. I just gotta say you are unpleasant af. I kept it civil the entire time and your passive aggressive beta ******** is unbearable. No wonder you have to play games with your cousins.

All I'm saying is that people don't like people who play cheap. How is that a dumb statement? There are tactics generally accepted as cheap in any game or activity. People generally don't like that ****. They look down on the people who abuse it. These are facts, get over it.

Some people... that's my argument. You don't speak for everyone. You are calling someone pathetic for the way they are playing a game and I'm saying it's stupid. It's a video game, dude. "No wonder I have to play games with my cousins," what does that even mean? Lol. Do you not have family you are close with and engage in similar hobbies or interest?

You are calling me a beta while you are losing your absolute mind over how someone plays a game? Lol I was pleasant to you to but then you got butt hurt and I told you you were being ridiculous. People laugh Ltg most because of his salt. Has very little to be known with playing cheap. Look him on and you'll see loads of salt compilation or videos, bet you won't find nearly as much of him playing cheap as the central focus. Some people look at those tactics you call cheap and call it using your full kit. It's not a fact. You can call your opinion fact all you want, it will still be your opinion.

M.Sword.Y.Face
05-10-2017, 06:35 PM
how is this not a crying thread? I hate defensive player too. that is why i avoid playing them.

Alustar.
05-10-2017, 06:38 PM
The problem is people assume their opinions are the opinions of the majority and therefore should be law.
Players like Antonio aren't passive aggressive, go look up the definition. His responses are genuine and meticulously unoffensive, I have to TRY to be rude to him just because no forum lurker should be that amiable.

Mud however is just a troll. He has brought nothing of real intrinsic value to the discourse HE STARTED. Then gets pissed few agree with him that's a trolls behavior

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Also, your lack of knowledge of this game is obvious. You think deflecting unblockables is difficult or luck? That's literally what deflect is for. I deflect unblockables all the time, no big deal.

I'm like 90% certain that you can't deflect unblockables.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:49 PM
The problem is people assume their opinions are the opinions of the majority and therefore should be law.
Players like Antonio aren't passive aggressive, go look up the definition. His responses are genuine and meticulously unoffensive, I have to TRY to be rude to him just because no forum lurker should be that amiable.

Mud however is just a troll. He has brought nothing of real intrinsic value to the discourse HE STARTED. Then gets pissed few agree with him that's a trolls behavior

lol I can be rude at times especially when I've had a couple beers but I think my general demeanor here is pleasant. Mud can be fine at times and I'm not even saying he doesn't bring up good points on occasion. The problem occurs when you say he's wrong or try to show him a way to counter his problem. He just calls you stupid, childish, and terrible at the game. He also accuses everyone of not knowing how to read lol, I really don't get where that one comes from since many directly quote him and retort back.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm like 90% certain that you can't deflect unblockables.

Yes and no, you can deflect the same ones that can be parried (raiders za, kenseis overhead finisher, lbs finisher, etc.) but you can't parry bashes or cc's (headbutt, shield bash, long arm, stampede etc.)

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Well, the more you know.

atac56
05-10-2017, 09:42 PM
it definitely is a salty thread, theres no such thing as a dirty tactic when theres no rules. but why wouldn't you do whatever it takes to win? you cant complain about people abusing the zone attack when its literally the easiest attack to hit someone with. Ive been playing the warlord and all I do is toss people off the map or into spikes to win. the best part is that they chase me around the map knowing full well what im gonna do. use the tools that work

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Not once have you, or anyone else countered any of my arguments. You just jump in, start screaming 'GIT GUD' and piss all over any reasonable argument. My post is nothing but fact, backed up by Ubisoft. But does anyone listen? No, they just whine and cry about how they're right.
This is not my opinion. Its fact. There's a big difference there.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 11:16 PM
Of course there's such a thing as dirty tactics, but throwing people into spikes is not dirty (though it is frowned upon).
Dirty tactics to me are abusing broken game mechanics, specifically ones that Ubisoft ACKNOWLEDGE are broken.

Again, salty. Your use of that word makes your opinion null. Grow up.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Hey look, you learned something new and accepted it instead of calling him salty! Good for you, you're one of 3 mature adults on here.

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Ps4? Sweaty Mudflaps, add me and we shall duel.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 11:30 PM
But I have though, none of which was followed with git gud. Its on page 6, second to last post. I even asked you to list out the mechanics you think are unbeatable and I'll tell/show you how. But instead of responding to that you just call me names and tell me I suck, then you lie about me refusing to duel you.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 11:32 PM

K I'll be home in 4 or so hours. If that doesn't work it free pretty much all weekend or after 6pm pacific time during the week more often than not. Just can't do that time today

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 11:35 PM

Not seeing you on psn

I use my wife's account mostly it's AlyssaA-3

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Its possible I have you confused with someone else, apologies.
Its actually Sweaty_Mudflaps as well

Mudflaaaps
05-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Yeah my bad the name was wrong.
No rush either, just whenever you're free.

Antonioj26
05-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Yeah my bad the name was wrong.
No rush either, just whenever you're free.

Lol this sudden change in tune is odd but alright I'm fine with it

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-11-2017, 12:35 AM
I would like to 1v1, not to prove a point, just to 1v1.

add me: Cumbuster4000

Alustar.
05-11-2017, 12:46 AM
I'll throw my name in this basket. It's simple:
PSNid= Alustar
Warning, I'm crap

Antonioj26
05-11-2017, 01:04 AM
I would like to 1v1, not to prove a point, just to 1v1.

add me: Cumbuster4000

Lol such a great name, dude. Shocked you've been able to keep it.

Mudflaaaps
05-11-2017, 01:16 AM
Also surprised you can keep that name pahaha

Alustar.
05-11-2017, 02:21 AM
I had to help my friend edit his, it wouldn't accept "mrfapfap" and you get cumbuster. Lmfao