PDA

View Full Version : When Will The Cycle End

watsonclan335u
05-10-2017, 01:45 AM
Someone has to say this: with all the "fix this now" demands floating around people need to realize it's opening things up for an endless cycle of "re-balancing". It's frustrating getting beaten by a character repeatedly due to them capitalizing on a strength (or your weaknesses) but that's what makes you dig in and try to unravel an opponents tactics. If ubi catered to even a fraction of the whining here the game would be a trainwreck, as a raider main I already find myself wishing for the game in its original form but I will take it for what it is and adapt, the community would also greatly benefit from it as well. Can't wait for all the positive feedback I'm going to get for this post......

razabak10mm
05-10-2017, 01:59 AM
As another Raider all I can say is I can't wait for the buffs coming our way.

As usuall I'm going to continue to use every cheap/cheese means in the book to get a kill. Along with any new strengths they give us.

I will then bathe in all the salt. I heard it's good for the skin after a long day of throwing ppl from ledges.

Dirteh Raider for life.

watsonclan335u
05-10-2017, 02:01 AM
As another Raider all I can say is I can't wait for the buffs coming our way.

As usuall I'm going to continue to use every cheap/cheese means in the book to get a kill. Along with any new strengths they give us.

I will then bathe in all the salt. I heard it's good for the skin after a long day of throwing ppl from ledges.

Dirteh Raider for life.

OMG well spoken my friend, tips glass*

vgrimr_J
05-11-2017, 10:01 AM
People do not want to learn from mistakes if any game has skill involved there is always ppl who want to make it more and more casual for them to play instead of learning

CoyoteXStarrk
05-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Its an online Melee based PvP game that will be constantly be introducing new characters, maps and gear scores.

It will NEVER end.

Thats the point.

watsonclan335u
05-12-2017, 01:57 AM
Its an online Melee based PvP game that will be constantly be introducing new characters, maps and gear scores.

It will NEVER end.

Thats the point.

New content is obviously different from "balancing" existing characters.....once the cycle of giving you something then taking it away starts then it takes on a life of its own, other than revenge needing a slight adjustment, the characters were good out of the box

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 05:18 AM
I don't get why people are acting like there's this endless cycle of buffing a character to god mode and then nerfing them to absolute garbage tier. I can't think of a single character this has happened to. The tier list has barely even changed. Warlord pk and warden are still dominant and all have received nerfs and what's great is that they are incremental nerfs rather than doing what they did to conqueror.

Everyone that's been at the bottom or close to has received fairly small buffs as well. None of the characters that have been buffed have surpassed the three I've mentioned so it's not like there's a new power change every few weeks. I'll be honest and say that it's pretty dumb to say that the game was good right out of the box. No game is balanced out of the box and especially not one that as experimental as for honor. The power gap between the top 5 characters was ridiculous and now that gap has lessened, why is that a bad thing?

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 05:25 AM
People do not want to learn from mistakes if any game has skill involved there is always ppl who want to make it more and more casual for them to play instead of learning

Just as bad as everyone screaming nerf so and so or buff so and so. This "git gud" mentality is opposite side of the same coin. This game is far from balanced, what game is balanced right from the get go? What's great about seeing the same characters dominate every tournament or every match?

watsonclan335u
05-12-2017, 06:48 AM
"Warlord pk and warden are still dominant and all have received nerfs and what's great is that they are incremental nerfs rather than doing what they did to conqueror"

You just confirmed my point; look what they did to conqueror...nerfs to PK, now nerf to warden buff to raider, there is no real balance. If you want true balance then all characters would be exactly the same with different skins, more power should cost speed and at the other end of the scale, speed should sacrifice health. The special moves are what starts to throw a wrench into the mix and there will always be players willing to put the hrs in to perfect these special characteristics, thus leaving everyone else behind. Sometimes I think people wouldn't be happy unless they were all able to have an 85% win ratio smh.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 06:59 AM
"Warlord pk and warden are still dominant and all have received nerfs and what's great is that they are incremental nerfs rather than doing what they did to conqueror"

You just confirmed my point; look what they did to conqueror...nerfs to PK, now nerf to warden buff to raider, there is no real balance. If you want true balance then all characters would be exactly the same with different skins, more power should cost speed and at the other end of the scale, speed should sacrifice health. The special moves are what starts to throw a wrench into the mix and there will always be players willing to put the hrs in to perfect these special characteristics, thus leaving everyone else behind. Sometimes I think people wouldn't be happy unless they were all able to have an 85% win ratio smh.

How did I prove your point? They are slowly moving towards balancing the game, that's not a cycle, which was your whole reasoning for making this thread. It's easier said then done. If you have a paper you have to write do you just go with the first draft? So guess it's better just say F it and have broken mechanics and imbalances then right? There's no such thing as true balance, not in a single game so does that mean they shouldn't try and get as close as possible?

Tyrjo
05-12-2017, 07:46 AM
How did I prove your point? They are slowly moving towards balancing the game, that's not a cycle,

I just hope the dev team realizes that mechanic changes ("nerf the turtle meta" etc) may easily unsettle that balance.

watsonclan335u
05-12-2017, 07:52 AM
How did I prove your point? They are slowly moving towards balancing the game, that's not a cycle, which was your whole reasoning for making this thread. It's easier said then done. If you have a paper you have to write do you just go with the first draft? So guess it's better just say F it and have broken mechanics and imbalances then right? There's no such thing as true balance, not in a single game so does that mean they shouldn't try and get as close as possible?

You said yourself you weren't happy with what they did to conqueror correct? I'm not sure exactly how else I can spell that out to you. Everyone's learning curve of their heroes is linear and the old conqueror by today's game standards would have been good but I doubt OP....left alone the player base will adapt but cater to whining about every whim here on the forum of ten year olds and pretty soon you have a brown mass of unrecognizable effect.

Antonioj26
05-12-2017, 08:05 AM
You said yourself you weren't happy with what they did to conqueror correct? I'm not sure exactly how else I can spell that out to you. Everyone's learning curve of their heroes is linear and the old conqueror by today's game standards would have been good but I doubt OP....left alone the player base will adapt but cater to whining about every whim here on the forum of ten year olds and pretty soon you have a brown mass of unrecognizable effect.

So one example of the 10 characters that have been adjusted so far was botched. I guess we should just reverse everything else then, right? The game hasn't changed that much dude he still would have been op. He was OP because he was safe, that wouldn't change today if left untouched. Im not sure how I can spell it out for you either, the game at launch was horribly imbalanced and now it's less so. Please explain to me why this is a bad thing

matt89connor
05-12-2017, 08:08 AM
this cycle of buff and nerf never end, but i'm glad they buff the rider , i only hope the buff and nerf not damage the game balance