PDA

View Full Version : For the love of Ra, give us a hood toggle this time

projectpat06
05-09-2017, 09:46 PM
I might as well start the request early, but toggling the hood as well as having armor piece customizations/options has always been a big fan request. Assassins Creed Unity, despite its combat limitations to account for multiplayer, lack of polish, and rather very empty shell of an open world, had a great clothing/armor customizations. It just missed the option to toggle the hood.

Having the hood toggle option assigned to a button in the weapon wheel then performing the animation after exiting the wheel makes the most sense and does not take away from button mapping while exploring, climbing, interacting, or fighting. Hell even just having the ability to unequip the hood, hat, helmet like in Zelda BOTW would suffice.

Just please, be smart ubisoft developers; look at the top open world games recently and don't "streamline" anything.

Sorrosyss
05-09-2017, 10:00 PM
It was one of the biggest feedback topics after Syndicate, so I would be honestly staggered if it hasn't been added by the devs this time round. +1 for your witty subject line. ;)

projectpat06
05-09-2017, 10:30 PM
It has been a request since AC Revelations I believe. Yet those Canadians don't seem to have a lick of creativity with the little details or button mapping other than actual landscapes.

If mass effect andromeda can do a helmet toggle, Ubisoft can do a hood toggle with the animation

deskpe
05-09-2017, 11:33 PM
I want hood toggle.

A shame we keep having to ask for this with every game.

Syndicates hood system was horrid.

Locopells
05-09-2017, 11:40 PM
+1 for your witty subject line. ;)

+2!

cawatrooper9
05-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Personally, I don't really care either way, but I'll support the idea simply so that we don't get 75 threads the week of launch about how the lack of a hood toggle ruined the game.

LoyalACFan
05-11-2017, 11:05 PM
Personally, I don't really care either way, but I'll support the idea simply so that we don't get 75 threads the week of launch about how the lack of a hood toggle ruined the game.

Lol, same. Honestly, I thought AC4's system (hood up in restricted zones, down everywhere else) worked just fine, but like others have said, as much feedback as they've gotten on this by now, I'd be surprised if they haven't addressed it somehow.

m4r-k7
05-12-2017, 01:55 AM
Lol, same. Honestly, I thought AC4's system (hood up in restricted zones, down everywhere else) worked just fine, but like others have said, as much feedback as they've gotten on this by now, I'd be surprised if they haven't addressed it somehow.

AC 4 had a good system as if you fast travelled, you would always have your hood up. I don't think Origins will have a toggle by the looks of the screenshot which is a shame as I would much rather always have a hood on rather than the way they handled it in Syndicate. But to be honest, this is the least of my worries now as I just want the game to be good, despite what my character looks like. Its funny, I used to care so much about cosmetics in AC games, but because of the recent games, all I want is a good game now haha.

Helforsite
05-12-2017, 01:32 PM

This, so much! I feel there are more threads and post about hood toggleing than about stealth or combat and I think thats ridicuilous. Having a hood toggle or not wont break the game, not having a good stealth or combat just might.

crusader_prophet
05-12-2017, 04:26 PM
I think there will be a hood in origins, but it's not shown because it's a part of the narrative and story. There must be a point in the game where the protagonist actually initiates using the hood as a trademark of the assassins. It's probably a pivotal moment in the game. Also if you look closely in the first screenshot in which the character is entering a crypt, the hood can be seen underneath the shield. So it's very likely the toggle is featured in the game.

kyobdash
05-13-2017, 05:45 PM
AC 4 had a good system as if you fast travelled, you would always have your hood up. I don't think Origins will have a toggle by the looks of the screenshot which is a shame as I would much rather always have a hood on rather than the way they handled it in Syndicate. But to be honest, this is the least of my worries now as I just want the game to be good, despite what my character looks like. Its funny, I used to care so much about cosmetics in AC games, but because of the recent games, all I want is a good game now haha.

AC4 is good, but it's more like Pirate's Creed rather than Assassin's Creed which is a shame. I hope ACE could bring the Assassin Style back

Megas_Doux
05-13-2017, 06:42 PM
AC4 is good, but it's more like Pirate's Creed rather than Assassin's Creed which is a shame. I hope ACE could bring the Assassin Style back

That was supposed to be Unity, but you know what happened.

You know, 4 years later I can say that as a sandbox and with its ACish imitations, AC IV is the best sandbox/open world in the series by a HUGE margin mostly due to the setting and the pirate idea. Unity made an attempt at revamping its core, but as I feared back in the day, the open world/sandbox 'department' ended up suffering because of it.

The thing with Unity is besides what I mentioned about the side quests and such, the story was WEAK mostly after killing Bellec and a release THAT atrocious for some is still borderline unplayable up to this day.

VestigialLlama4
05-16-2017, 08:24 AM

Yes Make Assassin's Creed Great Again...and throw all the stuff that came before..

ASSASSIN'S CREED stopped being about the Assassins when it left the Crusades. The Ezio games that made this one of the biggest IP in gaming...that's Renaissance Prince's Creed and had nothing to do with being an Assassin and everything to do with being Italian Bruce Wayne. AC3 is Mohawk-American Revolutionary's Creed. BLACK FLAG is Pirate's Creed.

UNITY is Aristocratic Fascist's Creed and SYNDICATE is Guy Ritchie's Creed.

And the new AC game in Ancient Egypt, it will be I guess Gravedigger's Creed or Pyramid Slave's Creed.

You want the Assassin Style, then refer only to AC1 and don't propose any games beyond the Crusades timeline and setting.

crusader_prophet
05-16-2017, 02:58 PM
You want the Assassin Style, then refer only to AC1 and don't propose any games beyond the Crusades timeline and setting.

^This.