PDA

View Full Version : How about the Spear of Destiny as a hidden blade?

Jedi-Spider
05-09-2017, 03:07 PM
So I've been thinking about this ever since the first game. How about a game where the main characters hidden blade breaks in a boss fight and you recover Spear of Destiny and use its tip to replace your hidden blade and of course the Spear of Destiny is a Peice of Eden. From there we just start exploring what kind of powers it would have. Combat? Persuasion?Camouflage?

This could be good for a World War 2 setting maybe you steal it from one of the Third Reich that's a Templar? Possibly during the Great Depression from some mobster who got a hold of it and then became one of the high-ranking Templars using it.

Let me know what you guys think I'm trying to get something started with this idea.

LoyalACFan
05-09-2017, 08:19 PM
I think we have entirely too many Pieces of Eden floating around already, thank you very much.

RVSage
05-09-2017, 08:25 PM
I agree with LoyalACFan, already too many loose threads related to PoEs to tie. Maybe sometime later

cawatrooper9
05-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I'd rather not fall into the trap of 1 POE introduced each game and then forgotten about later.

That's why the Apple is such an iconic POE, and something so seemingly cool as the Sword of Eden is quickly forgotten about by most fans. Much like how people argue that we need a new "trilogy" to get to know a protagonist, I think we need to get to know our POEs, too... especially when they're so often just a Macguffin at the end of the game they're introduced in, anyway.

LoyalACFan
05-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I'd rather not fall into the trap of 1 POE introduced each game and then forgotten about later.

That's why the Apple is such an iconic POE, and something so seemingly cool as the Sword of Eden is quickly forgotten about by most fans. Much like how people argue that we need a new "trilogy" to get to know a protagonist, I think we need to get to know our POEs, too... especially when they're so often just a Macguffin at the end of the game they're introduced in, anyway.

Yep, this. The Sword, the Shroud, and (dear god why) the Earthquake Machine Thingies from ACRo were forgotten as soon as they were introduced. I mean, the Apple is iconic partly because its real-world theological background ties in so well with the major themes of the series (e.g. free will, the search for truth), but it's also because it was actually developed and made to seem important over the course of five games. We need that kind of connecting thread between the games again.

Although I must say, I couldn't make heads or tails of what the movie was doing with regards to the Apple (everyone was speaking as though there were only one) and that gives me hope that they're willing to at least do some kind of soft reboot to get the whole PoE thing re-streamlined.

cawatrooper9
05-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Slightly off topic, but I wouldn't mind the next game delving back into one of the POEs that we've glazed over in the past, fleshing it out a bit.

LoyalACFan
05-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Slightly off topic, but I wouldn't mind the next game delving back into one of the POEs that we've glazed over in the past, fleshing it out a bit.

Well, the Egyptian setting practically begs for the Ankh to return. Not really a huge fan of the idea, as I always thought magic abilities that raise the dead were a bit of a shark-jump, but I guess we'll see.

ojanishotking
05-15-2017, 10:09 PM
So I've been thinking about this ever since the first game. How about a game where the main characters hidden blade breaks in a boss fight and you recover Spear of Destiny and use its tip to replace your hidden blade and of course the Spear of Destiny is a Peice of Eden. From there we just start exploring what kind of powers it would have. Combat? Persuasion?Camouflage?

This could be good for a World War 2 setting maybe you steal it from one of the Third Reich that's a Templar? Possibly during the Great Depression from some mobster who got a hold of it and then became one of the high-ranking Templars using it.

Let me know what you guys think I'm trying to get something started with this idea.

I love the game

cawatrooper9
05-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Well, the Egyptian setting practically begs for the Ankh to return. Not really a huge fan of the idea, as I always thought magic abilities that raise the dead were a bit of a shark-jump, but I guess we'll see.

Well, hey- if they manage to flesh out an existing POE while simultaneously bringing Desmond back and making the MD sections great again, I'd be all for it.

LoyalACFan
05-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Well, hey- if they manage to flesh out an existing POE while simultaneously bringing Desmond back and making the MD sections great again, I'd be all for it.

Meh, that would be way too much IMO. Desmond's dead, let's just accept it and move on. Besides, the Ankh can barely be considered an "existing" PoE to begin with. It's only shown up in the French comics, which are sort of wavering on the fringe of canonicity because of their flagrantly contradictory MD segments.