PDA

View Full Version : padlock

Col.Flanders
05-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

It's been a long while since I posted here!

Okay, I'm sure this topic has been talked to death as have most technical topics/issues in the game so I apologise if this is old-talk. On the server that I play, we have a stalemate in that some people are for padlock and some not. The people in favour of padlock want it not for the aid in aquiring a target (the big triangle) but to provide the movement of the pilot's virtual 'head' as they do not use a tracker or a mouse to look around fluidly.

Is there a way to enable padlock, yet disable the triangle without loosing tags? This server uses enemy icons=off and friendly icons=on when at close range.

Col.Flanders
05-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

It's been a long while since I posted here!

Okay, I'm sure this topic has been talked to death as have most technical topics/issues in the game so I apologise if this is old-talk. On the server that I play, we have a stalemate in that some people are for padlock and some not. The people in favour of padlock want it not for the aid in aquiring a target (the big triangle) but to provide the movement of the pilot's virtual 'head' as they do not use a tracker or a mouse to look around fluidly.

Is there a way to enable padlock, yet disable the triangle without loosing tags? This server uses enemy icons=off and friendly icons=on when at close range.

Aviar
05-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Sure, it's possible. I do it on my server all the time. For no enemy icons and friendly icons on at close range, use the following settings:

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 3 TYPE 3 NAME 3 ID 3 RANGE 3
mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.005 TYPE 0.005 NAME 0.005 ID 0.005 RANGE 0.005

This will display Friendly icons starting at 3km. If you want them to display at a closer range, just change the 3's to something less. For instance, you can set them to 2 (2km) or 1.5 (1 1\2km). Also, you don't need to set all the parameters to the same distance. For instance, my favorite is no enemy icons and only friendly pilot names at 3km. It looks like this:

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 3.0 TYPE 0.005 NAME 3.0 ID 0.005 RANGE 0.005
mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.005 TYPE 0.005 NAME 0.005 ID 0.005 RANGE 0.005

That's about it. Just remember to enable 'Icons On' in your FB Difficulty settings.

Aviar

--------------------------
AMD XP 2600+
EPoX EP-8K9AI Mobo
1536Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Klipsch 5.1 THX Certified Speakers
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB
Thrustmaster Tacticalboard

Dmitri9mm
05-16-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't think that was really the question asked, it was more like: "How do we get rid of the stoopid triangle on the enemy when using internal padlock?"
I would really like an answer to this since I never use the internal PL because it looks silly.

http://www.pimaair.org/pictures/F4u.jpg
Ready for take off in 2004?

IIJG11_Spreckels
05-16-2004, 04:07 PM
I was wondering why my friendly padlock works and the enemy one doesn't. I have it enabled in controls, and have tried several different keys that aren't used for other thingd in order to try to enable it, but no go. Anyone help ?

Aviar
05-16-2004, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dmitri9mm:
I don't think that was really the question asked, it was more like: "How do we get rid of the stoopid triangle on the enemy when using internal padlock?"
I would really like an answer to this since I never use the internal PL because it looks silly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess Col.Flanders will tell us if it answered his question or not. As far as I'm concerned, I did answer his question. With the icon settings I posted, there are no padlock triangles at all...http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aviar

AMD XP 2600+
EPoX EP-8K9AI Mobo
1536Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB

Aviar
05-16-2004, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by annis6:
I was wondering why my friendly padlock works and the enemy one doesn't. I have it enabled in controls, and have tried several different keys that aren't used for other thingd in order to try to enable it, but no go. Anyone help ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you disable the 'Icons On' setting, your friendly\enemy padlock commands will not work as they normally do. Either one will padlock both friendly and enemy planes.

Aviar

AMD XP 2600+
EPoX EP-8K9AI Mobo
1536Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB

Dmitri9mm
05-17-2004, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aviar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dmitri9mm:
I would really like an answer to this since I never use the internal PL because it looks silly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess Col.Flanders will tell us if it answered his question or not. As far as I'm concerned, I did answer his question. With the icon settings I posted, there are no padlock triangles at all...http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aviar

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh sorry... I didn't quite get it, BTW do you know a setting that will allow me to get rid of the triangle when I don't use icons at all?

http://www.pimaair.org/pictures/F4u.jpg
Ready for take off in 2004?

Col.Flanders
05-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Hey guys... we have not not applied these settings yet as I'm waiting confirmation from the board of players http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif but, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tips...your suggestion seems to make perfect sense.

I personally don't PL at all as I'm a mouselooker by trait but I was shocked to see that triangle in some screenies. I've been playing this game since the original and only recently did I notice this.

609IAP_Recon
05-17-2004, 05:08 AM
"Oh sorry... I didn't quite get it, BTW do you know a setting that will allow me to get rid of the triangle when I don't use icons at all?"

I haven't used padlock, icons, etc.. for awhile. But there was a time I had padlock on with no triangle (as host)

Basically, you have to run the mp_dotrange command. Set it to like .005 - you can't set it to 0.

You will get glimpses of it in clouds at times, although very faint.

Summary:
1. you can run 'no triangle' without icons on
2. if you do, padlock will padlock both friendly and enemy equally. So you still must properly id the bandit.

Those were my prefered settings when I used to host with padlock.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

http://www.forgottenskies.com/jg51sig2.jpg

II_JG1Hartmann
05-17-2004, 11:03 AM
in your ini file you need to turn icons=1

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=1
mapPadX=0.6689453
mapPadY=-0.046875
viewSet=36
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=1

Aviar
05-17-2004, 04:21 PM
There is no need to go into your ini file. Just make the change from your Difficulty settings. The setting you are looking for is 'Icons On'. Just enable or disable that setting.

Aviar

AMD XP 2600+
EPoX EP-8K9AI Mobo
1536Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB