PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi vs Centurian

CoyoteXStarrk
05-08-2017, 04:08 PM
I know I had a thread like this weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it so before I got off for the day I thought I'd make a new one given that we now have a rough idea of how they look and behave now rather than the blind speculation we had before.

Which one are you more excited about and why. I of course will be supporting the Roman Empire.

Discuss!

TheMalakith
05-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Hey! You had to go do stuff you slacker!

Centurion

ArchangelREON
05-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Both because im indecisive

xSkeletalx
05-08-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm choosing Centurion, as I saw some possibility in the trailer that he might be similar in play style to the Warlord (but more aggressive and less tanky), and I am a Warlord main. He also looks like he will have some cool looking gear, and I imagine his executions and emotes will look great as well.

But this poll doesn't quite have the correct option for me, in that I'm looking to add the Centurion to my list of characters I've learned, as opposed to replacing my Warlord. I expect the Warlord will remain my primary main throughout the life of the game.

Egotistic_Ez
05-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I need more info to make a final decision, but I'm leaning towards shinobi.

Blasto95
05-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Whatever current hero counters both of them. There will be 7 combined Shinobi's and Centurions, Ill hopefully counter everyone.

SlashingElbow
05-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Centurion if i have to.. The fact they did not adda viking character made me not buy the ****son pass

kanuzira
05-08-2017, 04:34 PM
I am looking forward to both. I am going to pick ghe one that comes natural to me

CandleInTheDark
05-08-2017, 05:10 PM
I am sticking with peacekeeper as my main (unless the shinobi is so breathtakingly amazing I just can't) but I am looking forward to the shinobi, dual wield in each faction along with my berserker.

Maxime_Qc-
05-08-2017, 05:13 PM
shinobi !!!

because assassin's for the win all the way !!!!

DrinkinMyStella
05-08-2017, 05:21 PM
im not really an assassin player but i love how the shinobi looks and plays but ill probably be better playing centurion.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Glad to see it going good. I like that its neck and neck.

I don't want EVERYONE to choose one guy or the other. I wanna see a nice mix up of both.

As I said I will be a Centurian for sure no matter his playstyle. I will adapt. I love his art style and general attitude too much to gloss over him.

That swagger and overall "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED" air about him is pretty amazing.

Helnekromancer
05-08-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm going with shinobi, i like his playstyle of deceiving the enemy "appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak" . The Centurion just looks to simple, isn't he a mix of Vanguard and Assassin, making him a Hybrid class also?

Delta1038
05-08-2017, 06:27 PM
I will likely be sticking with the Conqueror and my random bouts of Lawbringer. I hate assassins so while I will give the shinobi a few runs just so I understand it better, the desire to understand it is so I can kill it better when his hedge trimmers meet my flail or poleaxe. The centurion is a different matter, I would probably like him a bit more if he acted like a centurion and not like a gladiator but we will see how he works out. Ultimately I am more interested in the centurion but highly doubt either will be worth replacing my main or secondary.

BananaBlighter
05-08-2017, 06:29 PM
I usually prefer assassin's but the Shinobi looks a bit cheesy. I think I'll be using the Centurion a lot more, but that doesn't mean he's gonna be my new main. I'm definitely sticking with PK, but just adding Centurion to my current list of heroes (PK, Orochi, Warden & Nobushi).

CandleInTheDark
05-08-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm going with shinobi, i like his playstyle of deceiving the enemy "appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak" . The Centurion just looks to simple, isn't he a mix of Vanguard and Assassin, making him a Hybrid class also?

The devs said that the shinobi is pure assassin, it is the centurion that is a vanguard/assassin hybrid. Nice Sun Tzu there by the by.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I'll be faithful and true to my faction....Samurai.
Protector of the Temple Garden. .Shinobi 💮

RealJayDee1984
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Will try both, for sure, but I definitely lean more towards the Centurion, based on... well, everything. Might not become my main-main, but I'd say he has a good chance of becoming my chosen Knight class.

Moondyne_MC
05-08-2017, 10:23 PM
While the Cent's thumbs down execution is the balls, I think I'll be playing Shinobi, simply for the fact he seems a bit more demanding control-wise and the current roster is getting a little stale. Cent looks like he'd play as a combo between Warden and Warlord, but Shinobi looks entirely new and interesting to me.

We.the.North
05-08-2017, 10:28 PM
You should have added "Raider post-buff" in the choices.

Nevertheless, I will play any character with the best tools to break turtles and the defensive meta. That's my major turn off from this game at the moment, which leads me to play Valkyrie at the moment for that shield back and leg sweep moves.

JayyRupp
05-08-2017, 10:41 PM
LOL @ the weebo anime nerds. You're not Japanese and you never will be.
Every match in Season 2: Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi vs. Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi

Hero limits will become a necessity.

Moondyne_MC
05-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Every match in Season 2: Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi vs. Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi, Shinobi

..huh? There's just as many people choosing Centurion as well.

I don't really understand this air of elitism that people tend to hold over the Samurai faction.

UbiJurassic
05-09-2017, 12:55 AM
I've never been more ready to roll out with Centurion.

http://i.imgur.com/LYR8ywT.jpg

Grinzzer62
05-09-2017, 03:08 AM
Not really sure my self definitely going to enjoy both I think but as far as which I'm leaning to, it would be the centurion if he Is good at going through heavy defense. Though I mainly play orochi and berserker so the fast pace and giving some range to it really has me thinking I might enjoy that better thoe

AkenoKobayashi
05-09-2017, 03:18 AM

Can you explain the connection between Samurai Faction members/Hero mains and the weeaboo culture? I fail to see the connection.