PDA

View Full Version : How do you fight VS Warlord

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Hi,

Its like a puzzle for me so please help, any advice, thank you!

xSkeletalx
05-08-2017, 04:18 PM
You're not really giving us much to work with; what character class you play would be a good place to start, as different characters have different advantages and disadvantages.

RatedChaotic
05-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Poke him in the eye when he tries to headbutt you.^^^

Pope138
05-08-2017, 04:25 PM
They have poor range, so keep your distance (also helps avoid headbutts).
Also, that ledge is pretty far away, but the WL could probably still throw you off it. Better get as much distance as you can.

DrinkinMyStella
05-08-2017, 05:23 PM
quit match then search for another lobby :p

rossato2109
05-08-2017, 06:52 PM
They have poor range, so keep your distance (also helps avoid headbutts).
Also, that ledge is pretty far away, but the WL could probably still throw you off it. Better get as much distance as you can.

Indeed the throw part is one of the most annoying ones. River fort skirmishes are a nightmare due to that.

Charmzzz
05-08-2017, 07:25 PM
If a WL has all 4 feats in Dom/Elim: RUUUN

Seriously, he will be a nightmare then.

Supercool5150
05-08-2017, 08:18 PM
With another Warlord...Easy enough answer.

Knight_Raime
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
honestly? just parry. Unless you're one of the few players that have gone high enough up the skill latter that warlords basically never attack and only react to your attacks. then you kind of screwed and really need to up your bait and punish game.

Rikuto01.tv
05-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Warlord wants to use his Zone. That's a big hint.

Trbevis
05-08-2017, 11:50 PM
quit match then search for another lobby :p

Yes. Hahahhaha

Hormly
05-09-2017, 12:01 AM
just... lay down on the ground with your eyes shut, its sure to work against us!

UbiJurassic
05-09-2017, 12:36 AM
How you approach Wardlord depends entirely on what hero you play against him. In my experience, Warlords love to use their all-guard stance which will allow easy opportunities to guardbreak them and lay down some damage. Your dodge is your best friend and should be utilized regularly throughout the fight. Warlord's attacks are slow and he is bound to use his headbutt often to create combo strings. Staying on the move and getting him to whiff a headbutt will create yet another opportunity to hack down the Warlord's health bar.

bananaflow2017
05-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Ok i play valk and i have to say that warlord is a tough guy but still beatable.
Allways counter gb. The when he opens with his jump parry him and punish.
Keep distance allways. Feint to bait a reaction out of him and never ever stand near a ledge.

kweassa1917
05-09-2017, 08:24 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/ANA_soldier_with_RPG-7_in_2013-cropped.jpg/1920px-ANA_soldier_with_RPG-7_in_2013-cropped.jpg

Devs need to give us a new tier-4 feat: "RPG-7"

Charmzzz
05-09-2017, 08:33 AM
How you approach Wardlord depends entirely on what hero you play against him. In my experience, Warlords love to use their all-guard stance which will allow easy opportunities to guardbreak them and lay down some damage. Your dodge is your best friend and should be utilized regularly throughout the fight. Warlord's attacks are slow and he is bound to use his headbutt often to create combo strings. Staying on the move and getting him to whiff a headbutt will create yet another opportunity to hack down the Warlord's health bar.

No Idea where you are playing, but on PC in my Skill-Bracket the Warlords only occasionally use Full-Block. And if they do you HAVE to stay back, a GB without a Heavy feint or parry before is not gonna work on any day. Mostly they just use their Full-Block into superfast Light when you get near them.

But I can fully commit to the advice of dodging. Dodge the Headbutt and GB them. Their overhead leap attack is pretty easy to parry. Never, I repeat: NEVER try to trade with them. They can Heavy you with their Hyperarmor and you cannot interrupt it with a Light. Heavy's from a WL hit like a Truck...

Utopie.
05-09-2017, 08:49 AM
In my experience, Warlords love to use their all-guard stance which will allow easy opportunities to guardbreak them and lay down some damage [...] Warlord's attacks are slow

Strangely not my experience at all. I see allguard stance rarely used in highlvl gameplay and the lights of the Warlord are assassin-fast.

Tbh an Warlord on the same skill level can beat every class atm. Nevertheless you best chance is indeed to dodge the headbutt and go from there and utilize mechanics from you character (which we dont know at this point)

Dude_of_Valor
05-09-2017, 10:06 AM
As a Warden this is a list of things that work for me in 1v1 duels.

If they go full block stance, just keep distance and let them drain there stamina. They soon stop using it.

Second at distance keep guard up high, if they run and jump attack you can parry/crushing counter it and have fun.

If you are up close, keep guard right to stop there quick zone attack.

I use zone attack when they are in reach, to punish them try to close the distance.

Do not run out of stamina. If you do they can spam headbutt and it's super hard to get away from that chain.

Try not to trade blows, often they come out on top.

Lastly they need you to be close to get damage in. Only close distance when you are ready, and don't be frightened to show patience.

Herbstlicht
05-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Depending warlords skill level, game mode and situation: ignore him, run for your life, come back with some buddies - or outplay him :3

Concerning outplaying: if you have a class that can counter cheese due to some actual mechanics - Kensei and Nobushi sometimes do it due to range - then try to use it. Sometimes it works great, because a turtle that tries to be defensive will fall for some feints at some point. If you actually meet a strong player in a 4on4 mode in the "later game" were he got his feats .. oh hell .. you are up for a challenge. Not that you can't beat him, but warlords, as many have hinted at, has a lot of advantages. Even if you keep guarding right against zone - he has more options, especially close. And dodging headbutt on console is hard.

So .. guess your best bet is the new nerf turtling meta ^^

DrinkinMyStella
05-09-2017, 12:36 PM

much easier said than done.

AkenoKobayashi
05-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Use unblockable heavies or feats.

Hormly
05-10-2017, 12:04 AM

Im a Warlord only and I gotta say, if a Warlord is sitting in all guard JUST BACK AWAY and wait, dont approach him at all. If you try to GB him he can break it even if hes still guarding when you caught him and he also might wait for the GB indicator then swing his heavy (this is what I do)

so, either wait for his heavy out of full block and easily parry it, or back off and do nothing, he'll give up to save stamina.

Also the full guard stance was stealth nerfed and you can now block his counter heavy regardless of what angle you attacked from, so its now essentially useless anyways ^^

UbiJurassic
05-10-2017, 12:11 AM
No Idea where you are playing, but on PC in my Skill-Bracket the Warlords only occasionally use Full-Block. And if they do you HAVE to stay back, a GB without a Heavy feint or parry before is not gonna work on any day. Mostly they just use their Full-Block into superfast Light when you get near them.

But I can fully commit to the advice of dodging. Dodge the Headbutt and GB them. Their overhead leap attack is pretty easy to parry. Never, I repeat: NEVER try to trade with them. They can Heavy you with their Hyperarmor and you cannot interrupt it with a Light. Heavy's from a WL hit like a Truck...

Strangely not my experience at all. I see allguard stance rarely used in highlvl gameplay and the lights of the Warlord are assassin-fast.

Tbh an Warlord on the same skill level can beat every class atm. Nevertheless you best chance is indeed to dodge the headbutt and go from there and utilize mechanics from you character (which we dont know at this point)

There's certainly a lot of different playstyles for Warlord, so perhaps I've just been getting a string of all-guard intensive Warlords lately. :confused:

much easier said than done.

Agreed, Warlords are definitely a tough fight.

Im a Warlord only and I gotta say, if a Warlord is sitting in all guard JUST BACK AWAY and wait, dont approach him at all. If you try to GB him he can break it even if hes still guarding when you caught him and he also might wait for the GB indicator then swing his heavy (this is what I do)

so, either wait for his heavy out of full block and easily parry it, or back off and do nothing, he'll give up to save stamina.

Also the full guard stance was stealth nerfed and you can now block his counter heavy regardless of what angle you attacked from, so its now essentially useless anyways ^^

That's great insight to have from a Warlord main! Hopefully, that information will help the OP formulate a playstyle against Warlords.