PDA

View Full Version : Part 2

JG6_Oddball
05-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I am writing this post in responce to accusation's made in my post on 5/20 "I don't want the world...but!" that I have not "thanked" Oleg and that I am not "appreciative /supportive" of the IL2 comunity.

I show my support and appreciation to Oleg and this community by:

tauting the excellence of his product online/offline at work off work basically every where I go.
Recruiting people from all walks to buy and play this game (11 people to date, 12th buying it next week).
Spending my time,money and machines to run 2 full time server's , one being FB1.22 for new people and for those who don't have AEP yet, the other being a full time TS server.
I offer my time and experience to help people with trouble shooting IL2 computer related issue's.
I run CO-OP's every week with custom maps I made to further enrich the IL2 experience.

I do not pretend that the aforementioned items is a complete and selfless act on my part but I do go above the norm in money, machine's and contribution in general to this comunity. I do not want your thanks or praise. I don't want anything from you, but I WILL NOT tolerate being told by anyone that I am not appreciative or supportive!

In regards to my original post I will only apologize for its incoherent nature, it was born at 7AM with one eye open no coffee and splitting headache.

I do not ask for everything Tobe MY WAY!, but when planes start appearing that are from another theater of operation , never saw action or are straight from the drawing board coupled with the fact that another game is already being worked on along with the absence of dedicated server soft patch with AEP I become aggravated and begin to question the dedication of those in charge.

I do not want any kind of extra effort or special treatment from Oleg or his team, but I would like to see the existing effort be channeled in the proper direction. I understand there are planes that can not be done because of the lack of useable data but there is a plethora real life examples and data on planes that fought through out the entire war that are not done. Just a couple of these planes could increase the immersion factor and popularity by a factor of 10. I am aware that some of these planes are coming but that does not explain why of the aforementioned drawing board/ prototype aircraft were done first .

We line Oleg's pockets and he lets us dream, a relationship that I have enjoyed thus far. Oleg does not have to give me free updates, just give me 1 maybe 2 serial production aircraft every 4 months or however long it takes and I will gladly hand over another $30-$40 but I fear that after 1 maybe 2 updates that PF will come out and kill FB leaving it unfinished and that is a thought I dread. There is so much that can be done with this Sim and I don't want to see it go to waste because of mismanagement of which I think Oleg is not the cause.

The above mentioned item's generated nothing more than mild aggravation but culminated in a poorly written outburst because of the AEP server I built that is gathering dust and the countless hours I have spent making custom plane set map's (39-45) that are set to rotate every hour and generate a stats web page. A sever much like SPaRX's that now sits idle because of what I view as callous disregard for the dedicated server software.

I hope this makes you understand that my outburst all be it a waste of time well written or senseless was not with out just cause.

/end transmission

S!

http://www.geocities.com/rbmercsguild/pics/havespandua.txt

JG6_Oddball
05-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I am writing this post in responce to accusation's made in my post on 5/20 "I don't want the world...but!" that I have not "thanked" Oleg and that I am not "appreciative /supportive" of the IL2 comunity.

I show my support and appreciation to Oleg and this community by:

tauting the excellence of his product online/offline at work off work basically every where I go.
Recruiting people from all walks to buy and play this game (11 people to date, 12th buying it next week).
Spending my time,money and machines to run 2 full time server's , one being FB1.22 for new people and for those who don't have AEP yet, the other being a full time TS server.
I offer my time and experience to help people with trouble shooting IL2 computer related issue's.
I run CO-OP's every week with custom maps I made to further enrich the IL2 experience.

I do not pretend that the aforementioned items is a complete and selfless act on my part but I do go above the norm in money, machine's and contribution in general to this comunity. I do not want your thanks or praise. I don't want anything from you, but I WILL NOT tolerate being told by anyone that I am not appreciative or supportive!

In regards to my original post I will only apologize for its incoherent nature, it was born at 7AM with one eye open no coffee and splitting headache.

I do not ask for everything Tobe MY WAY!, but when planes start appearing that are from another theater of operation , never saw action or are straight from the drawing board coupled with the fact that another game is already being worked on along with the absence of dedicated server soft patch with AEP I become aggravated and begin to question the dedication of those in charge.

I do not want any kind of extra effort or special treatment from Oleg or his team, but I would like to see the existing effort be channeled in the proper direction. I understand there are planes that can not be done because of the lack of useable data but there is a plethora real life examples and data on planes that fought through out the entire war that are not done. Just a couple of these planes could increase the immersion factor and popularity by a factor of 10. I am aware that some of these planes are coming but that does not explain why of the aforementioned drawing board/ prototype aircraft were done first .

We line Oleg's pockets and he lets us dream, a relationship that I have enjoyed thus far. Oleg does not have to give me free updates, just give me 1 maybe 2 serial production aircraft every 4 months or however long it takes and I will gladly hand over another $30-$40 but I fear that after 1 maybe 2 updates that PF will come out and kill FB leaving it unfinished and that is a thought I dread. There is so much that can be done with this Sim and I don't want to see it go to waste because of mismanagement of which I think Oleg is not the cause.

The above mentioned item's generated nothing more than mild aggravation but culminated in a poorly written outburst because of the AEP server I built that is gathering dust and the countless hours I have spent making custom plane set map's (39-45) that are set to rotate every hour and generate a stats web page. A sever much like SPaRX's that now sits idle because of what I view as callous disregard for the dedicated server software.

I hope this makes you understand that my outburst all be it a waste of time well written or senseless was not with out just cause.

/end transmission

S!

http://www.geocities.com/rbmercsguild/pics/havespandua.txt

LEXX_Luthor
05-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Oddball:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In regards to my original post I will only apologize for its incoherent nature, it was born at 7AM with one eye open no coffee and splitting headache.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why do you hit us with these negative waves so early in the morning?

Its a Beautiful Patch

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif