PDA

View Full Version : RE: Oleg, help us help you, please.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Sorry about the "nt" post.

Oleg, first I would like to commend you on the patch. Well done.
Secondly, I am very excited about the new maps, planes, etc. Thank you.

The reason for this post is as follows. Some of us are of an opinion that our favorite plane needs "improvement".
I for one, would like to see the P-47's rollrate and aspects of it's damage model adjusted. You have given me the impression that if data "on an engineering level" is provided, you will act.

I understand you are not feeling well; I do not expect an immediate answer. But I am asking for your help:
What data, from what sources, would encourage you to re-visit the P-47's rollrate and DM?

I am NOT an aeronautical engineer; but I do know that NACA reports on rollrate (thank you Skychimp) and other data on damage model (I refer specifically to the fact that one 7,9mm round in the SC intake tract can cripple the P-47's engine, thank you Harry Voyager) have been made available.

If these are insufficient, please point us toward what types of sources you will work with; we will do the necessary footwork.

Oleg, I have never posted directly to you before; I do so now because these problems with the P-47 have existed since the planes' introduction into the sim. If the resources are made available, I feel it would only contribute to the overall excellence of the final product if they were corrected.

Now is the time.

Thank you for all you have done, Oleg.
S!
Chris

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/WAR-08.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Sorry about the "nt" post.

Oleg, first I would like to commend you on the patch. Well done.
Secondly, I am very excited about the new maps, planes, etc. Thank you.

The reason for this post is as follows. Some of us are of an opinion that our favorite plane needs "improvement".
I for one, would like to see the P-47's rollrate and aspects of it's damage model adjusted. You have given me the impression that if data "on an engineering level" is provided, you will act.

I understand you are not feeling well; I do not expect an immediate answer. But I am asking for your help:
What data, from what sources, would encourage you to re-visit the P-47's rollrate and DM?

I am NOT an aeronautical engineer; but I do know that NACA reports on rollrate (thank you Skychimp) and other data on damage model (I refer specifically to the fact that one 7,9mm round in the SC intake tract can cripple the P-47's engine, thank you Harry Voyager) have been made available.

If these are insufficient, please point us toward what types of sources you will work with; we will do the necessary footwork.

Oleg, I have never posted directly to you before; I do so now because these problems with the P-47 have existed since the planes' introduction into the sim. If the resources are made available, I feel it would only contribute to the overall excellence of the final product if they were corrected.

Now is the time.

Thank you for all you have done, Oleg.
S!
Chris

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/WAR-08.jpg