PDA

View Full Version : broke down, got TIR2 - setup suggestions?links?



dbuff
05-12-2004, 03:30 PM
ok took the plunge - should be here tommorrow.
anyone mind helping me get started with settings, drivers or links to the like?

man i hope this is all it is cracked up to be!


many thanks....

non solum armis

dbuff
05-12-2004, 03:30 PM
ok took the plunge - should be here tommorrow.
anyone mind helping me get started with settings, drivers or links to the like?

man i hope this is all it is cracked up to be!


many thanks....

non solum armis

Bearcat99
05-12-2004, 03:40 PM
I am not home now..and wont be for a few..but look for Charvel's profile (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/il2.html). It is great. Take your time... it takes a bit to get used to it but once you do..you will love it.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/bookstore/tuskegeebondposter.jpg (http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html)[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat)[/list]
UDQMG (http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html) | HYPERLOBBY (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/) | IL2 Manager (http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/detail_fichier.php?ID=1353) | MUDMOVERS (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)

USE THAT X45 STICK AS A BUTTON BAY!

[This message was edited by Bearcat99 on Wed May 12 2004 at 02:49 PM.]

T_O_A_D
05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I wish the old forums was still accessable so I could bring back one of your old post on why you sent it back the first time you had it. Bearcat http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif

But that aside its the best money I spent for pure enjoyment of flying this sim. I'm still running the TIR1 so not awhole lot of help for you, Unless you have a tracking problem for some reason then read my sig for more details.



<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I am not home now..and wont be for a few..but look for http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/il2.html. It is great. Take your time... it takes a bit to get used to it but once you do..you will love it.
http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html_vflyer@comcast.net_ http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat
http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html | http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/ | http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/detail_fichier.php?ID=1353 | http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm

_USE THAT X45 STICK AS A BUTTON BAY!_

[This message was edited by Bearcat99 on Wed May 12 2004 at 02:49 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you checked your Private Topics recently? (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=ugtpc&s=400102)
131st_Toad's Squad link (http://www.geocities.com/vfw_131st/)
My TrackIR fix, Read the whole thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=15310285&p=1)
2.11 drivers (http://home.mchsi.com/~131st-vfw/NaturalPoint_trackIR_2_11.exe)
http://home.mchsi.com/~131st_vfw/T_O_A_D.jpg

nickdanger3
05-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I second bearcat's comment - I used charvel's profile to get started. I've adapted it but it was a great way to get started. Also, make sure that you download the newest drivers from NaturalPoint - seemed to make my TIR2 run smoother - I think others have noticed this as well.

Bearcat99
05-12-2004, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
I wish the old forums was still accessable so I could bring back one of your old post on why you sent it back the first time you had it. Bearcat http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent it back because to me it wasnt worth it at the time. It made me nauseous, it wouldnt stay centered and basically I just didnt like it. I like TIR2 though. I m hooked. Plus at the time I couldnt justify the expense when put up against the fun factor.. it just wasnt there.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/bookstore/tuskegeebondposter.jpg (http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html)[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat)[/list]
UDQMG (http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html) | HYPERLOBBY (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/) | IL2 Manager (http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/detail_fichier.php?ID=1353) | MUDMOVERS (http://magnum-pc.netfirms.com/mudmovers/index.htm)

USE THAT X45 STICK AS A BUTTON BAY!

T_O_A_D
05-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah I rember all that. I just wanted to raz a full blown convert hehehehe

Have you checked your Private Topics recently? (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=ugtpc&s=400102)
131st_Toad's Squad link (http://www.geocities.com/vfw_131st/)
My TrackIR fix, Read the whole thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=15310285&p=1)
2.11 drivers (http://home.mchsi.com/~131st-vfw/NaturalPoint_trackIR_2_11.exe)
http://home.mchsi.com/~131st_vfw/T_O_A_D.jpg

dbuff
05-13-2004, 06:14 AM
thanks guys.

anyone have idea what to tell wife when she sees the bill?

does it have any other uses?

hehe.

non solum armis

Bucketrider
05-13-2004, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dbuff:
thanks guys.

anyone have idea what to tell wife when she sees the bill?

does it have any other uses?

hehe.

non solum armis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna tell the wife that it was doctor's orders for carpal tunnel syndrome...maybe she'll bite. I don't know man. My TIR3 should be here next week and I gotta come up with some excuse!
I'm a recent convert after reading all the joys of owning one of these...we'll see. I'll have perma hat head and start swiveling my head around while at work...trouble.

"...I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill." - Pvt. Joker, "Full-Metal Jacket"

jurinko
05-13-2004, 07:32 AM
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=009723

---------------------
Letka.13/Liptow @ HL

269GA-Pag
05-13-2004, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucketrider:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dbuff:
thanks guys.

anyone have idea what to tell wife when she sees the bill?

does it have any other uses?

hehe.

non solum armis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna tell the wife that it was doctor's orders for carpal tunnel syndrome...maybe she'll bite. I don't know man. My TIR3 should be here next week and I gotta come up with some excuse!
I'm a recent convert after reading all the joys of owning one of these...we'll see. I'll have perma hat head and start swiveling my head around while at work...trouble.

"...I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill." - Pvt. Joker, "Full-Metal Jacket"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weeeee, guys, I'm really a luky men...my wife buyed the TrackIR2 for me as a gift!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Pag