PDA

View Full Version : Egypt or another location?

ModernWaffle
05-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Assuming for now that the next AC game will be announced this year, I was thinking that this is the first time in awhile where the location of the next entry hasn't been confirmed before its official reveal. I know collectively the rumours are pointing to Egypt but there hasn't been any particularly authentic images shown of the next game as more certain proof unlike with AC3/Rogue/Unity/Syndicate (did IV have leaked images before its reveal?).

My guess is that it will be Egypt but despite having warmed up to the idea of it being the next potential setting I can't help but think that it would be really interesting if the rumours we've had so far turn out wrong and Ubisoft's reveal will be something none of us expected.

As of now though, are you hoping for the official announcement to match with the rumour of Egypt or do you want something different?

P.S. The poll is not asking where you want the next setting to be if you had a choice but rather if you are satisfied enough with Egypt to assume you would likely be disappointed if it was otherwise.

kyobdash
05-06-2017, 04:14 AM
With many ancient myths, Egypt is not a bad option.
the Pyramid could be a temple.
the Sphinx could be the entrance.

and they could be related to the Orion and the Pleiades.

if so, I would say: yes, I like it rather than other options.

but it's also OK if not, only the story should be better than Syndicate.

LoyalACFan
05-06-2017, 05:37 AM
I've already allowed myself to get hyped for Egypt :p So yeah, that. Although I wouldn't cry if it was somewhere else we haven't been.

m4r-k7
05-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Definitely Ancient Egypt. Its one of the best places they could choose IMO. In fact, I haven't been this excited to see a setting since the first game.

Megas_Doux
05-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Despite the fact that I just want a 8/10 game or higher regardless the setting. I do have to admit that I'm more than happy with this possibility. The only settings that would make me happier are Ancient Mesopotamia or China.

Sushiglutton
05-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Egypt has always been one of the top settings for me. Would be a bit disapointed if it wasn't.

Hehe those poll results!

Sigma 1313
05-07-2017, 12:27 AM
I love the idea of Egypt. Right now it is my most wanted setting, followed up by Feudal Japan, Moorish Occupation of Spain, Pre-Columbian Mexico, Lowlands during the Religious Wars, and Ancient Mesopotamia.

Helforsite
05-07-2017, 08:20 AM
I think for me personally its Ancient Egypt that gets me excited more than the country in other time periods.
I would still like to see a very dark medieval AC set in the german states and the surrounding countries, because I think dark and pre 16th century Europe is where AC could really shine. Unity and Syndicate were a step in the wrong direction, because they were too light-hearted and Unity especially wasnt brutal and gory enough for us to really realize the terror and cruelty of the French Revolution.

On a side note: the whole Asian and African continents pre 19th century are a treasuretrove of interesting and diverse settings I would love to see.

ModernWaffle
05-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Hmm, didn't think the poll would be so one sided but looks like everyone's ready for Egypt. Personally I don't think I'd be bothered where the next location is as long as it's somewhere new and not in Europe but since Egypt fits both those criteria guess I'm up for it too.

I think Unity and Syndicate are good examples of good locations not being used to their full potential so I'm actually far more concerned with implementation and execution of what a setting can offer rather than what they pick.