PDA

View Full Version : After the Devs livestream...

nagya12356
05-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Ubisoft are you watching? **SLAP my self** That is because I had no real hopes for this game, which I liked at the first 200hrs. But after the stream I am HYPED AF for Season 2.

- The new gear system looks very cool and promising. As a mainly Duel and Brawl player I rarely played 4v4 cause of the unbalanced gear system because it was not about skill, but gear. But this new system looks amazing. And showing the stats with percent is just a real breath of fresh air. With the Season 1 stat show I could not tell that how much it will influence my stats. With this new show it is much easier. I think after this the revenge wont come after 5 blocks or hits but acctually will be used when you get into a 1v4 situation.
- The 2 new maps look cool and I really hope that it will have good places for 1v1 mode cause there is like 2 maybe 3 map that has really good 1v1 spots.

The 2 new heroes

Centurion:
- Looks incredible fast(and badass)
- If I saw correctly he has an unblockable attack
- He has beautifull armours and weapons
- I would really like him to use his hand which doesn't holding the sword to like in a mixup where he punches his enemies
Shinobi[/SIZE]
- OMG first of all he looks OP AF
- That teleportation thing looks OP, but looks amazing
- Finally not a ninja who not runs with heavy armour on him, but how they would really look like
- That Warlord kill at the and was an execution I think and OMG it looks brutal when he stabs him to death

All in one I hope that they will have very good looking mix ups and like valkyries sweep which gives her a free heavy attack but it is not safe and punishable very much. That is what I would want. A good damage dealing mixup but reactable and punishable.

Some character thoughts
I saw that someone wants Nobushi or Kensei buff. I think that they are very balanced characters maybe kensei needs a faster way to go into his mixups but that is only my opinion. I think conq really needs a rework right now cause he is THE turtle meta. He is the character that is literally built for that. Giving him a free GB after blocking a heavy is just ridicoulus and he just has to block nothing more, characters cant go into their mixups cause of that and you can only kill him with lights. But the problem is that he doesnt have anything else, but I think shield bash is still very quick. Warden is still too strong with his shoulder bash and it is still very safe. I think that his shoulder bash should not be able to be cancaled he has to commit to it, the cancel into gb can stay. Just take that canceel away. Warlord is the new shugoki with his run and pushing you into the wall and his headbut is still too strong. And Lawbringer should not have a free shove after a block that is the only thing. Orochi should not have a guaranteed 2nd light hit it is very fast but when you get hit by it you should not get that much of a punishment. That 2 light guaranteed takes a heavy damage. I think that there should be no such thing as guaranteed hit in the game, but if so than make it like LB dash into shove. It is reactable, but not punishable and if you get hit by the dash shove you deserve a light hit. And lastly PK triple stab bleeding does to much damage.

After all I am kinda sad that I will have to wait another week to find out about the moves and the Raider buffs. I really hope that Ubisoft wont make him another top 5 character, just give him something after a gb and some new moves cause this heavy-heavy-heavy move is really predictable and boring. Still waiting for the exploit fixes and solving the defensive meta news but after this stream I am very excited for the next stream.

Good job Ubisoft

nagya12356
05-04-2017, 08:37 PM
funny they adding more advertisement to get people to buy the game or stay or buy steel but they are not fixing the p2p problems they are not fixing the basic mechanic problems they are not fixing the many bugs and glitchs that a posted everywhere on the forums they are not touching parry or block seeing they need to be reworked as they dont work very well they are not fixing any of the spam moves that are so dominate in the game they are not fixing the ******** lock on animation that let people travel 15ft to get a hit or a gb after a roll out of combat they are not looking at the flicking that orichis do they are not doing anything that is making the game better just more corpate ********. This company is in for itself not even the games they create.

They said last week that they are want to do something about parrries and they are looking at exploits and bugs. P2P is effecting every Ubisoft game so not just For Honor problem so it is not For Honor specific

nagya12356
05-04-2017, 08:39 PM
funny they adding more advertisement to get people to buy the game or stay or buy steel but they are not fixing the p2p problems they are not fixing the basic mechanic problems they are not fixing the many bugs and glitchs that a posted everywhere on the forums they are not touching parry or block seeing they need to be reworked as they dont work very well they are not fixing any of the spam moves that are so dominate in the game they are not fixing the ******** lock on animation that let people travel 15ft to get a hit or a gb after a roll out of combat they are not looking at the flicking that orichis do they are not doing anything that is making the game better just more corpate ********. This company is in for itself not even the games they create.

They said last week that they are want to do something about parrries and they are looking at exploits and bugs. P2P is effecting every Ubisoft game so not just For Honor problem so it is not For Honor specific. And that they are looking at that rolling away and unlocking stuff so dont knowwhy you are saying this when they acctually said that they are trying to fix them.

Epoqx
05-04-2017, 08:44 PM
The more content we see, the more i can clearly see Dragon Nest insipration in that game. The Shinobi looks a lot, in the playing style and in appearence, like a char from that game.

And that's ****ing great !

FredEx919
05-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Thanks for sharing the feedback. We'll certainly talk more about the Raider next week. In regards to the maps, you'll see some good spots for 1v1 as well. That has always been one of the most common request and we're working to deliver on it.

Charmzzz
05-04-2017, 09:05 PM

Uhm, they said they are working on fixing the flicker bug. But it is hard to do, has to do with input latency and such... Too complicated to explain to a ranting kid. Also the GB feint is being fixed, and guard switch will be equal. No idea what you saw there, I have seen alot of fixes incoming.

Edit: They are just humans. A game is complex, so dont think it is easy to do...

CandleInTheDark
05-04-2017, 09:17 PM
they are not fixing the basic mechanic problems they are not fixing the many bugs and glitchs that a posted everywhere on the forums they are not touching parry or block seeing they need to be reworked as they dont work very well they are not fixing any of the spam moves that are so dominate in the game

Do you even listen to the streams or just wait until they are done to rant what you were thinking anyway?

In terms of bugs, they said very clearly at the end of today's stream, season two, all the unlock exploits get removed. They have said three times in the last four weeks that they are testing fixes on the flicker bug.
Parry and block, last week they said they are testing changes on those along with the likes of dodge in a defensive meta rework
PK light spam, nerfed. Warden shoulderblock spam, nerfed. Warlord headbutt spam, nerfed. Conqueror shieldbash spam, nerfed.

All of this just off the top of my head over the past couple months.

PecarCZ
05-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Maybe can Devs fix that idiot Warden bash free GB.

DrExtrem
05-04-2017, 10:52 PM
No more premature praises from my side ...

I will measure the devs success, by having less problems, better balancing working and fair matchmaking and a good console experience.

Every patch, they promise to fix connectivity and bugs - every time, they either fail or create new bugs.

Yes, the steam showed promising changes - but it is too soon for victory parades.

CandleInTheDark
05-04-2017, 10:54 PM
ya i do and just like the last what 5 empty promises and whole lota nothing we had the same issues sense day one dont go sticking up for a company that just destroying a game idk why they even released it in first place it clearly wasnt done not even close and now they want to pump out more stuff so u spend money ooo really nice hard work thier they can pump out 12 new ornaments ever week and mystic outfits and **** but they cant fix the game? thats corporate greed at its finest my friends ur on the wrong side of this battle

I'm on the side with punctuation and grammar, I'm feeling fairly fine where I am standing ;)

But yeah, see it how you will. I noted in that post not only things they said they were going to do but things they have done, You spoke of spam, I showed you where they have fixed it, they have spoken of a defensive meta based patch for a while now, they will get there. This game is three months old and has been patched several times with more planned, they aren't being slow on things unless you are someone who wants everything he demands yesterday.

Lyskir
05-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Mhhh shinobi looks really op, how does he fit into the other heroes with all that teleportation bs?He seems to be the only hero with extreme mobility

im really scared right now XD

CandleInTheDark
05-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Mhhh shinobi looks really op, how does he fit into the other heroes with all that teleportation bs?He seems to be the only hero with extreme mobility

Also in his faction is a guardian spirit (shugoki is based on the oni) and knights, vikings and samurai are on the same battlefield to begin with,I can handle adding nightcrawler to the things that I have to suspend disbelief over :p

Lyskir
05-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Also in his faction is a guardian spirit (shugoki is based on the oni) and knights, vikings and samurai are on the same battlefield to begin with,I can handle adding nightcrawler to the things that I have to suspend disbelief over :p

I do not mean historically, but splaystyle wise, looks he can draw giant advantages from it

sry for my englisch :<

CandleInTheDark
05-04-2017, 11:40 PM
I do not mean historically, but splaystyle wise, looks he can draw giant advantages from it

sry for my englisch :<

It's more my fault, true I didn't get entirely what you meant but I also went for the easy joke, so no worries.

UbiNoty
05-05-2017, 12:00 AM

Even though shinobi will be quite different and exciting in terms of speed/agility - he will still have his weaknesses. Like other assassins, he'll be squishy and vulnerable, and we have mentioned before that we do expect the skill difficulty for Shinobi to be a bit higher than most other heroes. So learning how to use his kit effectively will play a big role as well.

Personally, I expect that I'll load in on the 16th as shinobi and promptly proceed to feed the enemy team a bunch of kills like I'm a Las Vegas buffet. :D

CandleInTheDark
05-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Even though shinobi will be quite different and exciting in terms of speed/agility - he will still have his weaknesses. Like other assassins, he'll be squishy and vulnerable, and we have mentioned before that we do expect the skill difficulty for Shinobi to be a bit higher than most other heroes. So learning how to use his kit effectively will play a big role as well.

Personally, I expect that I'll load in on the 16th as shinobi and promptly proceed to feed the enemy team a bunch of kills like I'm a Las Vegas buffet. :D

I'll be doing my regular new character routine. level 0 peacekeeper bot to hit all the moves I can hit on a passive opponent, gauge what I can do with stamina, possible mixups and such. Then level 1 raider bot (still in how to play) to practice any moves I couldn't on the peacekeeper, then a best of 99 (not that I am going to finish even half of that) with at the least a level one shinobi in custom, so a couple hours before my first proper match with him. Over the next couple weeks after I will probably mirror match the level 2or 3 shinobi in custom and practice against anyone I struggle against.

Egotistic_Ez
05-05-2017, 01:53 AM
So many people saying he teleports but I'm pretty sure he just goes invis and dodges again. You can even see his weapons moving in a dodge arc.

Though whether or not that's all he can do from his smokebomb is a different question of course.

I like the hype this is getting personally. I think the game is getting stable enough that new and returning players may actually hang around, which will help the matchmaking and hopefully improve everyone's experience.

bmason1000
05-05-2017, 01:58 AM
So many people saying he teleports but I'm pretty sure he just goes invis and dodges again. You can even see his weapons moving in a dodge arc.

Though whether or not that's all he can do from his smokebomb is a different question of course.

I like the hype this is getting personally. I think the game is getting stable enough that new and returning players may actually hang around, which will help the matchmaking and hopefully improve everyone's experience.
That's what i was thinking. Its just a visual effect to his dodge or executions. There's no way he ACTUALLY teleports in any meaningful way. That would be insane.

bmason1000
05-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Also for his roll, probably.