PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the Hurricane Blast buff but...

BanzaiPizzaLord
05-04-2017, 12:43 AM
It's better than nothing but still not really viable : https://youtu.be/XaJEYDlJTU4

Double dash back completely negates it. You can't cancel into Guard Break due to the roll, and Hurricane Blast itself will miss from distance.
You can cancel into Wind Gust, but then again why are you taking 25 over 35 damage from a parry.

And every characters with a dash atk can counter the HB cancel into GB

There are still some players that think "yeah but you don't play like you suppose to play" but the thing is, you can rely on it only if the move are geatly designed. Sadly it's not the case.

To win, you have to do the best move most of the time and not the entire moveset because it's pointless.
That's why Warlord spams headbutt.
That's why PK spams light
That's why LB spams shove + light
That's why Orochi use parry instead of deflect

Once again parry is just better

Credits for the video : Gemini-Iceland

Felis_Menari
05-04-2017, 01:10 AM
Not much else to be done to buff it, me thinks. With hyper armor, you can now trade blows instead of simply getting knocked out of HB. Speed up the animation, and it may be one unavoidable. But it can never, ever, become guaranteed, otherwise what's the point of Wing Gust?

kweassa1917
05-04-2017, 01:22 AM
So basically, you're asking for a move that hits for something like 50 damage in game to be unavoidable and guaranteed.

No thanks.

Egotistic_Ez
05-04-2017, 01:31 AM
You need to think of hurricane blast like the raider unblockable. Most of the time you cancel it because there's no chance in hell it'll land, but that one time you let it go it can win you the fight.

Beetlejuice1686
05-04-2017, 01:53 AM
movesets are so you can mix it up, pks can spam light all day till they realize people can block it, let alone parry lights for free heavys lol, i do it on console all the time now CONSOLE at 30 FPS! seriously if I had 60+ i'd be an unstoppable force. headbutt, dodge noob, same with lb shove, not after, before it. omg they're spam is now useless!!! all those spam moves you listed are noob crushers and if it's crushing you guess what?

BanzaiPizzaLord
05-04-2017, 02:17 AM
So basically, you're asking for a move that hits for something like 50 damage in game to be unavoidable and guaranteed.

No thanks.

No I'm asking for a reason to use it instead of parry. The thing is it's kinda hard to land a deflect and it's kinda easy to counter/avoid the following Hurricane Blast., my point is to balance the ratio risk - reward.
So the way you counter the HB should be as difficult as to land the HB

BanzaiPizzaLord
05-04-2017, 02:22 AM
movesets are so you can mix it up, pks can spam light all day till they realize people can block it, let alone parry lights for free heavys lol, i do it on console all the time now CONSOLE at 30 FPS! seriously if I had 60+ i'd be an unstoppable force. headbutt, dodge noob, same with lb shove, not after, before it. omg they're spam is now useless!!! all those spam moves you listed are noob crushers and if it's crushing you guess what?

You didn't get my point, I have no personal pb with these moves, I often deflect the shove + light for example. And obviously simple block to neutral is better with light spammer.

My point was to show WHY people use them : because it's easy and it's effective most of the time. But thank you for your answer and being rude

kweassa1917
05-04-2017, 02:41 AM
No I'm asking for a reason to use it instead of parry. The thing is it's kinda hard to land a deflect and it's kinda easy to counter/avoid the following Hurricane Blast., my point is to balance the ratio risk - reward.
So the way you counter the HB should be as difficult as to land the HB

Which is still another masked way of saying "I want the HurB to be guaranteed", since your comparison of deflects to parries clearly implies the superiority of parries = which give out guaranteed hits. Hence, logic dictates that under this reasoning, for you to feel that it is worth using deflect, it needs to give off guaranteed hits, just like parries.

Do we have to keep this charade going?

(ps) just for the record, I'm the guy arguing that parries and GBs need to have all their guaranteed-heavy elements removed.

Beetlejuice1686
05-04-2017, 04:11 AM
parry a heavy, get a light, parry a light and get a heavy last i checked, also take heavy out of gb and its worthless unless it's teamfights, your arguement to remove them is the dumbest thing since LB got guarnteed lights unless dodged, which for assasins means a deflect, or a nice guardbreak cause you tried dodging xD

kweassa1917
05-04-2017, 04:31 AM
parry a heavy, get a light, parry a light and get a heavy last i checked, also take heavy out of gb and its worthless unless it's teamfights, your arguement to remove them is the dumbest thing since LB got guarnteed lights unless dodged, which for assasins means a deflect, or a nice guardbreak cause you tried dodging xD

I can explain to you context of the argument, except I won't. Think of whatever you will, bug guy. :rolleyes:

BanzaiPizzaLord
05-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Which is still another masked way of saying "I want the HurB to be guaranteed", since your comparison of deflects to parries clearly implies the superiority of parries = which give out guaranteed hits. Hence, logic dictates that under this reasoning, for you to feel that it is worth using deflect, it needs to give off guaranteed hits, just like parries.

Do we have to keep this charade going?

(ps) just for the record, I'm the guy arguing that parries and GBs need to have all their guaranteed-heavy elements removed.

Man... why people keeps not trusting me ? I don't care about the fact is not guarranted for f*** sake (or my subsconcious denies it, I don't know) for me deflect shouldn't exist since parry is a better move to do and it can be done by every characters.

The masked question is : why choose orochi when you can choose warden that do the exact same thing (top and zone) and additional vortex and can obviously parry ?

Once again, I swear, it's not about guaranteed hits, it's only about a complete rework of the deflect mechanic if the parry keeps to be that strong.
And in another universe where parry will not be guaranteed and deflect + HB are the same than here, so it's okay because there will be situations where deflect can possibly be more effective

In conclusion parry and deflect can both be not guaranteed if deflect is more effective in some cases aka it gives me a reasons to pick a char with that ability