PDA

View Full Version : More missions that aren't 'action' or 'shooting' based - PLEASE

Captain_Summers
05-03-2017, 03:17 PM
This is a must.

I understand it would be very difficult in this title, to add complex and interactive diplomacy missions, but Star Trek has never been about shooting things as the solution to every problem.

If this game is just steering around asteroids and blowing klingons up, then it's completely misunderstood the franchise, the fan base and the core of what has made Star Trek last so long.

Please, can we have more missions (even long ones) where you never need to fire a torpedo or phaser, but clever thinking and logic / strategy can win the day.

Can we have missions that we just can't ever 'win' completely; something will always have to be sacrificed to save something else, and it's your choices and actions that determine what, and how much is lost before you 'complete' the mission.

Please, can we have variety and not just shooting things. This isn't Star Wars.

delatorre32
05-03-2017, 05:33 PM
From all the interviews I've seen online with the Devs there are a lot of non combat missions- AND missions where you have the option to fight. The ongoing mission generator has this built in as well. :)

Captain_Summers
05-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I've read that too, but I've also read how 'repetitive' the missions are and how aside from dodging asteroids and lining up for warp, helm has little to do, and most missions talked about or video'd seem to be rescue vulcans while evading klingons. Nothing seen / read about unknown aliens, first contact or even a rudimentary diplomacy mission... just a little worried.