PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: CR 42 bug

Dmitri9mm
03-23-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, but I can't find the topic anywhere else.
I have been flying the CR 42 online for some days now, and I stumpled acroos what I really hope is a bug:

THE CR 42 DOESN'T STALL, IT GOES RIGHT INTO A SPIN!

After getting tired of crashing all the time while online I went offline to test the a/c, and here are my findings:

Not even in one instance was I able to get the CR 42 to stall without resulting in a spin. when I go below stall speed in level flight the nose just seems to drop without even getting the "stall" warning sign, so no problems there.
In a sustained turn at 95% power I can hold about 140 km/h but if I pull beyond about 2/3 on the elevator the result is always and without exeption a spin.
I still haven't been able to achieve a "normal" Il2 stall (where the plane flips on its back) all I get is spins, all though they seem to be somewhat easy to recover.

I guess this must be a bug, where the stall- and pin criteria are exactly the same. I love to fly the CR 42 so I would really like to see this changed.
This is not meant as a whine tread like: "My favourite plane stinks, change it into an uber NOW!!!"
I think the stall characteristics are just fine, I just don't think they should result in a spin ALL the time.

Dmitri9mm
03-23-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, but I can't find the topic anywhere else.
I have been flying the CR 42 online for some days now, and I stumpled acroos what I really hope is a bug:

THE CR 42 DOESN'T STALL, IT GOES RIGHT INTO A SPIN!

After getting tired of crashing all the time while online I went offline to test the a/c, and here are my findings:

Not even in one instance was I able to get the CR 42 to stall without resulting in a spin. when I go below stall speed in level flight the nose just seems to drop without even getting the "stall" warning sign, so no problems there.
In a sustained turn at 95% power I can hold about 140 km/h but if I pull beyond about 2/3 on the elevator the result is always and without exeption a spin.
I still haven't been able to achieve a "normal" Il2 stall (where the plane flips on its back) all I get is spins, all though they seem to be somewhat easy to recover.

I guess this must be a bug, where the stall- and pin criteria are exactly the same. I love to fly the CR 42 so I would really like to see this changed.
This is not meant as a whine tread like: "My favourite plane stinks, change it into an uber NOW!!!"
I think the stall characteristics are just fine, I just don't think they should result in a spin ALL the time.

Dmitri9mm
03-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Damn I just found out someone had already posted this, well my point remains just the same.

LEXX_Luthor
03-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Stall warning may not be working like we think it should. Try going vertical until you run out of speed. When you fall below 50km/hr speed you are in a stall Be Sure but you never see any warning. Also you don't spin so much in that kind of non~gee related stall. At least that is kinda what I saw the other day.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

mike_espo
03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
I already sent an ntrk to oleg. He is aware of the problem.

http://www.flying-tigers.net/caccia%20WW%20II/g50.jpg

XyZspineZyX
03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
The problem being that the FMs almost uniformly are, uh, below par??

Speaking of FM idiosycracies, I saw one of my favorite foibles in an online DF room yesterday. This one's a classic, but I thought it was just an AI "bug".

I got into a confused scrap, down too low for comfort and sought out. As I straightened out, I saw a Yak 9 or a Spit (forget which) coming HO at me in a shallow dive. Seeing little percentage in it, I took pains to avoid the HO and kept the nose level in the opposite direction. He buzzed by me at about 11:00, and I watched his icon range in 7:00 after we passed.

Although I was headed the opposite way, as he PIVOTED in mid-air, the range only increased a smidgen...and then, before he had even banked his wings level to follow me, he was decreasing the distance. Not a little every few seconds, he was was quickly covering the gap.

There's something seriously missing in the inertia/energy bleed/acceleration equations in this flight model.