PDA

View Full Version : I tried to be patient and understanding

xATMxLILMARC
05-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Not gonna even make this post longer than it needs to be, the title says it all. Even after the supposedly game saving patch, today I estimate ive tried to play around 30 games. 20 of them being failures, they either dont start or when they do everyone lags out orrrr they start, everything is going good and then everyone turns into a bot. This is utterly pathetic, this makes bf3 and bf4s multiplayer launches look acceptable because at least they actually fixed it and I honestly don't remember it being this bad. I shouldnt be this upset over a videogame lol so im just gonna trade it in. I managed to get my orochi to rep 13 though :,) and i was excited for the shinobi but I literally just feel robbed right now. As to why ubisoft launched a brand new and ambitious ip that could have been amazing , with p2p servers, i will never know. What i do know is that when i go to gamestop ill be lucky to get $5 but ill take it if it means i get something back. ill continue to check the forums monthly and if i see an all clear from you guys then ill gladly return. Until then you guys have fun

xATMxLILMARC
05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
And please no one tell me my internet is bad because all of my other games are fine. (Bf1(64 PLAYERS), titanfall 2, gears 4 etc.)

Hillbill79
05-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Drop to yellow nat... it has hardly any dc's.... because of how the matchmaker works. Yellows don't get connected to reds, only greens do, and greens have the highest DC rate because of it.

Devs use yellow nat, some livestreamers do too.

Varakharne
05-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Failstop will only give you barely $20 for the game. Dont go there, dont support their BS! They sell the game for $55 used so thats a huge markup I wont support that kind of robbery. If you have some patience try Ebay or Craigslist, just dont take it to Gamestop please brother. It just encourages them.

xATMxLILMARC
05-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Drop to yellow nat... it has hardly any dc's.... because of how the matchmaker works. Yellows don't get connected to reds, only greens do, and greens have the highest DC rate because of it.

Devs use yellow nat, some livestreamers do too.

Yeah ive been yellow nat since it came out pretty much lol. Dont get me wrong, i have days where the game is fine but then theres days like today and it seems as time goes on the game is actually getting worse with stability

xATMxLILMARC
05-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Failstop will only give you barely $20 for the game. Dont go there, dont support their BS! They sell the game for $55 used so thats a huge markup I wont support that kind of robbery. If you have some patience try Ebay or Craigslist, just dont take it to Gamestop please brother. It just encourages them.

You're actually absolutely right i was just mad and in the moment

Sir_rage_quit
05-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Same here i got yellow nat 120 mbps internet and i got dc at least one or twice for 2 hour of gameplay a day , and since a week i also got so many frozen screen at the end of a match .The worst are the frozen screen because i need to restart my Pc to make the game work again ( even if i close it on Uplay ,steam wont close ) I put alot of time and hope in this game and the more it go the worst it get....
( btw i did try the guide to switch my net to green but it way to complex for me )

Charmzzz
05-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Even after the supposedly game saving patch

Just FYI: Ubi said the next patch will focus stability iirc. Patch 1.06 was balancing and Framerate improvements.

Liv3rp00l
05-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Just FYI: Ubi said the next patch will focus stability iirc. Patch 1.06 was balancing and Framerate improvements.

I feel almost sure that they said 1.06 was for connectivity? Maybe I'm wrong, I'll try to find it though.

EDIT: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-CA/news-community/164-289190-16/patch-notes-for-honor-v106
Patch notes state about connectivity, more specifically if you read this part:

Developer comments: We’ve established that in certain situations, when game performance drops below a certain threshold, the simulation could suffer and eventually halt and end the match because it has reached a point that is unrecoverable (often seen as errors 06000018 and 06000021). These network and performance optimizations were prioritized because they target areas of the game that are susceptible to cause an impact to game stability. While these errors can still occur, we hope to have addressed a good portion of its root causes. Furthermore, the networking optimizations will help reduce the impact that a player with a bad connection has on the other players in the match.

To be fair, I tried to find the post and/or video from Ubi where they say it was a connectivity patch, but I couldn't, so maybe I'm wrong. I just felt sure this was THE connectivity patch they had been talking about.

Dizzy4213
05-02-2017, 09:56 PM
They've had nearly 3 months to fix this **** and so far, nothing has changed. I don't know what the hell they're doing but the connectivity gets worse with every update.

Ubi could easily bring back a lot of players if they announced they were replacing the god awful P2P system for dedicated servers instead but they won't, it's all about the money. Even if they did they'd probably **** that up too.

My patience for this game is running low. Almost 3 months after release and still no signs of improvement.

Mia.Nora
05-02-2017, 10:07 PM
They've had nearly 3 months to fix this **** and so far, nothing has changed. I don't know what the hell they're doing but the connectivity gets worse with every update.

Ubi could easily bring back a lot of players if they announced they were replacing the god awful P2P system for dedicated servers instead but they won't, it's all about the money. Even if they did they'd probably **** that up too.

My patience for this game is running low. Almost 3 months after release and still no signs of improvement.

P2P vs Dedicated servers is an issue of pros vs cons

According to network analysis For Honors P2P has over 100ms latency in perfect conditions for two computers side by side. On the other hand if we had to deal with dedicated servers we would suffer the same 40-60ms latency we see while playing LoL.

Having a complete stability AND much better connection speed would be a pro of dedicated server.

Unfortunately it does not cover up the big pro of P2P model where Ubisoft saves 3 cents.

mbrasesco
05-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Dedicated servers cost money. Apparently consistent reliability isn't worth that to Ubisoft. I can't even imagine the amount the resources available to them and they still went with p2p like we're playing over AOL in the 90's

coll9502
05-02-2017, 11:31 PM
"Drop to yellow nat... it has hardly any dc's.... because of how the matchmaker works. Yellows don't get connected to reds, only greens do, and greens have the highest DC rate because of it.

Devs use yellow nat, some livestreamers do too."

that should be the other way around dont you think? Yellows should get connected to reds and vice versa and greens should get connected to greens

EDG_Avocado
05-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Game is going to have its final breaths really soon.

SGTR0CK117
05-03-2017, 04:19 AM
Agree, so frustration when sit matchmaking till it gets to the end selection al regions all skill etc you finally get into a match after about 5-10 min of waiting and you get kicked with bad connection to server, funny that it dosent happen on anther game and I also play TD and GRW - PLs fix or its another wast $70 given to UBISoft, at least I didn't but the Season pass for this straight this time like I did with TD or GRW. Will serious consider boycotting Ubi games in future personally I think they should loose the AAA rating after string of failures and not delivering on content or the contempt they treat there player base with. This game is pretty much unplayable.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-03-2017, 04:35 AM
I still don't understand how badly some people have it compared to others.

I am on PS4 with a 67mbs connection and the stability has never been better for me. I haven't had a lobby crash in a few days now.

Mia.Nora
05-03-2017, 04:52 AM

I am on PS4 with a 67mbs connection and the stability has never been better for me. I haven't had a lobby crash in a few days now.

Man I wish I was in your shoes... I have 200mbps fibre connection, but even duels get 0006...137 errors sometimes and of course a lot more common with dominions. Other modes are complete ghost towns, and even dominion matchmaking times are horrible, like several hours except peak hours lol..

I guess might have to do with remaining players on your platform on your region. I am on PC at Oceania, we probably have 100~ players at best left

CoyoteXStarrk
05-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Man I wish I was in your shoes... I have 200mbps fibre connection, but even duels get 0006...137 errors sometimes and of course a lot more common with dominions. Other modes are complete ghost towns, and even dominion matchmaking times are horrible, like several hours except peak hours lol..

I guess might have to do with remaining players on your platform on your region. I am on PC at Oceania, we probably have 100~ players at best left

Ah yeah I am in the central US.

So I get west and East server options, Though I have noticed running into the same players a few times lol

One Raider in particular more than others Daenmore I think his name is. The guy is a royal pain in my backside.

Egotistic_Ez
05-03-2017, 05:21 AM
that should be the other way around dont you think? Yellows should get connected to reds and vice versa and greens should get connected to greens

It's not about penalising people. Red NAT can only connect to green, they can't even connect to each other. Because of that green NAT players are forced to have a red NAT player in their game (usually a berserker who is unwittingly abusing their **** connection to teleport on dodge, totally not bitter). Yellow NAT players can connect to each other as well as green players, so they're never dragged down into laggy hell by red NATs, which is why many people have started intentionally switching to yellow.

Hillbill79
05-03-2017, 09:50 AM
That's not how it actually works though. Not with this game anyway.

"Drop to yellow nat... it has hardly any dc's.... because of how the matchmaker works. Yellows don't get connected to reds, only greens do, and greens have the highest DC rate because of it.

Devs use yellow nat, some livestreamers do too."

guffffff
05-03-2017, 12:13 PM
How do you drop to Yellow NAT? I have Green NAT

SetMySail4Fail
05-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Funny thing is, when I bought this game 4 weeks ago everything was fine. I had maybe one DC in the first week which led me to the conclusion that most of the Players complaining were exaggerating. Turns out, they were/are not! The more I play, the worse it get's. As of now I feel like I'm spending at least 50% of my time waiting because of DCs or no Players. Maybe one out of ten 4v4 Matches end the regular way, the other 9 end due to DC/crashes.

Germany, Xbox One, wired inet. No Problems whatsoever in other games...

Hillbill79
05-03-2017, 01:01 PM
I feel this game should have a minimum NAT requirement of moderate... in the same way that it has minimum system requirements.

It would solve a lot of issues.

Hillbill79
05-03-2017, 01:03 PM
What platform are you on?

How do you drop to Yellow NAT? I have Green NAT

vgrimr_J
05-03-2017, 01:48 PM
I feel almost sure that they said 1.06 was for connectivity? Maybe I'm wrong, I'll try to find it though.

EDIT: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-CA/news-community/164-289190-16/patch-notes-for-honor-v106
Patch notes state about connectivity, more specifically if you read this part:

Developer comments: We’ve established that in certain situations, when game performance drops below a certain threshold, the simulation could suffer and eventually halt and end the match because it has reached a point that is unrecoverable (often seen as errors 06000018 and 06000021). These network and performance optimizations were prioritized because they target areas of the game that are susceptible to cause an impact to game stability. While these errors can still occur, we hope to have addressed a good portion of its root causes. Furthermore, the networking optimizations will help reduce the impact that a player with a bad connection has on the other players in the match.

To be fair, I tried to find the post and/or video from Ubi where they say it was a connectivity patch, but I couldn't, so maybe I'm wrong. I just felt sure this was THE connectivity patch they had been talking about.

21 and 18 error codes are gone but replaced by different ones that basically are the same.