PDA

View Full Version : Warlord defense is just too high

AcheesyTURTLE
05-02-2017, 08:53 AM
I want to stress this isn't a nerf thread. Warlords move set is perfect, hyper armor and all, but his hp pool + defense feats make him nigh unkillable. Don't even get me started on 4v4 with multiple warlords on a team, it's basically a guaranteed win. Not due to the skill of the players involved but a fight with a high level warlord takes long enough to poke him to death but another joins the fight and it's basically an immediate loss. He legitimately has the ability to tank everything until a teammate shows up or you yourself are poked to death. I'm open to criticism as I don't play warlord, if any Viking mains want to weigh in.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-02-2017, 08:55 AM
He legitimately has the ability to tank everything until a teammate shows up or you yourself are poked to death..
http://i.imgur.com/3Vv2G6v.png

AcheesyTURTLE
05-02-2017, 08:58 AM
I don't get it. I'm just saying he has feats that boost his hp/def to extremely high levels to the point that he can't be beaten. His move set alone makes him high tier, why exacerbate the fact?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-02-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't get it. I'm just saying he has feats that boost his hp/def to extremely high levels to the point that he can't be beaten. His move set alone makes him high tier, why exacerbate the fact?

I was implying that you are missing the point that is what he is MEANT to do.

A heavy's job is to hold down the fort until help arrives. A GREAT heavy can kick butt on his own, but the point of the class is merely to defend and aid his team. Not to be a 1 man army.

All 3 heavies follow this design. Its why they are so tanky and so turtley.

AcheesyTURTLE
05-02-2017, 09:12 AM
I understand that. What I'm staying is that multiple warlords on any team is death sentence for the opposite. He's a fantastic character, don't get me wrong, but his far superior ability to extend fights is just a little too much. Perhaps I'm playing the wrong class to counter but he's just, for a lack of a better word, "OP".

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Hello, I play as a warlord and rarely get any renown because I am a failure.
Please show me how to be more OP.

AcheesyTURTLE
05-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Full block, head butt , zone attack, call another warlord. GgEZ

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 09:34 AM
I understood 50% of what you just told me.

I will start headbutting and calling more warlords to me. (What to do if I am only warlord around?)

My.Insanity
05-02-2017, 09:43 AM
looks like all your problems are solved if you just kill the Warlord in early game so he cant get his feats?

Or did i miss the point too? If a Warlord use his (nearly only defensiv) feats why dont you use your offensiv feats to kill him?

Ulrichvonbek111
05-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Hello, I play as a warlord and rarely get any renown because I am a failure.
Please show me how to be more OP.

Spam GB .. Spam head butt ..Spam GB ..Spam head butt.. rinse repeat.

laugmanden
05-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Spam GB .. Spam head butt ..Spam GB ..Spam head butt.. rinse repeat.

I have sent a container of spam to Great Britain, I really hope that improves my chances of winning.

Epoqx
05-02-2017, 10:14 AM
I do agree.

But i don't think the problem is specially in his tankiness stats when he unlocks feats. It's more the damage/tank ratio who's a bit broken (won't talk about headbutt on that thread).

He got 2 attacks who does 1 bar damage : Heavy attack with super armor, and a 240 ZA quite fast. both are like heavies, and both aren't that risk compared to other heavies.

His ZA shouldn't do 1 bar damage. That's insane.

These attacks, combined with the huge tanky feats, makes him pretty easy to play ad to win. Simple ratio : 3 heavy/ZA on my zerker, and i'm less than mid HP, 3 heavies from my zerker, and he is still (much) more than mid HP.

He still needs a tiny buff on either his defensive feats, or his ZA.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-02-2017, 10:21 AM
I have sent a container of spam to Great Britain, I really hope that improves my chances of winning.
😊😊😅

Goat3_Saeko
05-02-2017, 11:00 AM
I want to stress this isn't a nerf thread. Warlords move set is perfect, hyper armor and all, but his hp pool + defense feats make him nigh unkillable. Don't even get me started on 4v4 with multiple warlords on a team, it's basically a guaranteed win. Not due to the skill of the players involved but a fight with a high level warlord takes long enough to poke him to death but another joins the fight and it's basically an immediate loss. He legitimately has the ability to tank everything until a teammate shows up or you yourself are poked to death. I'm open to criticism as I don't play warlord, if any Viking mains want to weigh in.

Sure warlord has fears that boost defence and hp-pool but others have ranged skills and traps that can help to get an easy kill.

Dizzy4213
05-02-2017, 12:55 PM
I don't have too many problem with Warlord as a standalone hero, but his Feats are a little too much.

Deadly: 15% damage increase
Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction
Tough as Nails: +35HP
Auto-revive: Self-revive

All of these are passives and can be equipped at the same time. No other hero has such a good selection of feats that can all be equipped. They usually have to pick and choose. With these feats activated, Warlord now has an insane effective health pool of 233, not including self-revive.

If you factor gear into it as well, assuming the Warlord goes max defence and attack. He'll be dealing 30% more damage and take 55% less damage. I know the Warlord is supposed to be a heavy but this is too much. Fighting a 108GS Warlord is like fighting 2 heroes fused into one. Shugoki's charged heavy does 60 damage, but a Warlord will only take 27 damage. It will take 7 fully charged attacks to kill him. That's ridiculous!

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 03:19 PM
I don't have too many problem with Warlord as a standalone hero, but his Feats are a little too much.

Deadly: 15% damage increase
Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction
Tough as Nails: +35HP
Auto-revive: Self-revive

All of these are passives and can be equipped at the same time. No other hero has such a good selection of feats that can all be equipped. They usually have to pick and choose. With these feats activated, Warlord now has an insane effective health pool of 233, not including self-revive.

If you factor gear into it as well, assuming the Warlord goes max defence and attack. He'll be dealing 30% more damage and take 55% less damage. I know the Warlord is supposed to be a heavy but this is too much. Fighting a 108GS Warlord is like fighting 2 heroes fused into one. Shugoki's charged heavy does 60 damage, but a Warlord will only take 27 damage. It will take 7 fully charged attacks to kill him. That's ridiculous!

Do not forget he can stack up all that with the shield power up, LOL

atac56
05-02-2017, 03:49 PM
my only beef with the warlord is his auto revive which I think is unfair. other than that I find that he's quite easy to beat, he has no real combos and his headbutt stab does little damage. sidestep often when hes fighting, if hes trying to shove you off a cliff then don't chase him.

IIManeII
05-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Warlord is fine for the most part in modes without gear stats/feats IMO. I haven't even unlocked WL so I am by no means biased in his favor.

As far as 4v4 modes go, I think the damage reduction feat should be toned down to sat 15%.

The defensive feats paired with max defense gear is a little much. I have been in elims where an opposing WL of average skill was able to kite 4 of us around until time expired 3 rounds in a row, simply bc of his defense/hp pool. On top of that he was able to grab boots and continuously pick up health and defense boots. Every time we caught up to him we would take the 'overshield' boost away, he would get revenge and run to the next boost where there would be the same scuffle until time expired for 3 straight rounds.

Tone the defense feats down a little, and I think that issue would be resolved. As far as him being OP, I don't think so.

Netcode_err_404
05-02-2017, 03:52 PM
my only beef with the warlord is his auto revive which I think is unfair. other than that I find that he's quite easy to beat, he has no real combos and his headbutt stab does little damage. sidestep often when hes fighting, if hes trying to shove you off a cliff then don't chase him.

Thats why he is OP.

Look at the kensei. 4000 comboes you won't ever do. Because they made a fighting game where doing combo is not viable.

atac56
05-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Thats why he is OP.

Look at the kensei. 4000 comboes you won't ever do. Because they made a fighting game where doing combo is not viable.

lol true. didn't see it that way

pmkr0
05-05-2017, 01:41 AM
this,he has 2 hit combo and a zone attack, the headbutt does like no damage and now you can punish it not unlikesome others who hae unpunishable moves. He also has a shield. Why wouldn't he be better at defending than others without ? Do people really miss the whole concept of classes and different heroes?