PDA

View Full Version : problem with trims (newbie question)

ranma7
03-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm a newbie in flyght sims so I don't have much idea with this. I noticed that a lot of planes don't go straight as I would like and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. For example, the IL-2, will always start to go up and to the left with my joystick centered. I have to keep my joystick like 50% up to keep my orizontal position. is this normal?
Well, on the other hand I know about the trims, but it's kind of difficult to set them right with the keyboard, since they move very little each time. Any sugestions?, maybe I'm just not doing it right.
Another question, I've noticed that the aileron trim doesn't work with some planes like IL-2, is this because they don't have this functionality?
BTW, my joystick is a Saitek Cyborg Evo and it's well calibrated and everything, I'm sure it's not a problem with the joystick.
Thank you very much.

Francisco

ranma7
03-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm a newbie in flyght sims so I don't have much idea with this. I noticed that a lot of planes don't go straight as I would like and I'm not sure if this is normal or not. For example, the IL-2, will always start to go up and to the left with my joystick centered. I have to keep my joystick like 50% up to keep my orizontal position. is this normal?
Well, on the other hand I know about the trims, but it's kind of difficult to set them right with the keyboard, since they move very little each time. Any sugestions?, maybe I'm just not doing it right.
Another question, I've noticed that the aileron trim doesn't work with some planes like IL-2, is this because they don't have this functionality?
BTW, my joystick is a Saitek Cyborg Evo and it's well calibrated and everything, I'm sure it's not a problem with the joystick.
Thank you very much.

Francisco

Flamin_Squirrel
03-14-2004, 11:49 AM
When you trim, the effect isnt instant so if you keep pressing the button then you'll probably trim more than you need.

As you say, some planes dont have trim in all 3 axis... although i cant tell you which.

Slick750
03-14-2004, 11:49 AM
I think some planes dont have aileron trim, I put my trim on arrow keys so I dont have to hold "shift" or "control"...all i do is hold my stick straight and give a few clicks till the nose comes down, then a few clicks back. Same for aileron or rudder trim.