PDA

View Full Version : The wing guns on the P39 (not a whine)

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:27 PM
This aint about the effectiveness of the guns or anything like that

-in many cases P39's in VVS service had the wing guns the removed to increase performance (I think)

yet on the N1 and Q-1 versions there is no way to remove them, and no way to add them on the Q-10 version

what I would like to see is the abillity to remove/add them in the arming section (like being able to remove the outer Mg/FF connon on the outboard wing of the The Fw190A series)

please please please could you implement this, pretty please with a cherry on top!

<marquee>Fighting Irish: Death from the pub</marquee>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:27 PM
This aint about the effectiveness of the guns or anything like that

-in many cases P39's in VVS service had the wing guns the removed to increase performance (I think)

yet on the N1 and Q-1 versions there is no way to remove them, and no way to add them on the Q-10 version

what I would like to see is the abillity to remove/add them in the arming section (like being able to remove the outer Mg/FF connon on the outboard wing of the The Fw190A series)

please please please could you implement this, pretty please with a cherry on top!

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:30 PM
I figured the Q-10 represented a wing-gunless model and the other two were other variants that had them installed.

For all intensive purposes, whats the point of having a wing gunless N-1 with the Q-10 available?

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:33 PM
The Q10 is a later version

N version aircraft had their wing guns removed by the VVS in-field and in a campaign, or an early server there is not the option to use the gunless Q-10

Message Edited on 11/04/0310:38PM by Bobsqueek