PDA

View Full Version : Team damage feedback: Stop friendly fire!

Elzziwelzzif
04-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Today has been one of these days again.

Getting leg sweeped by "friendly" Valks.
Getting hit by "friendly" Orochi's when you charge up your heavy attack to execute someone, just so they can take it.
Getting hit by "friendly" Raiders because their zone attack is unblockable, so an easy way to get a last in on the one i'm fighting.
Getting hit by "friendly" Wardens because they wanted the revive.
Getting hit by "friendly" Shugoki...
Getting hit by "friendly" Berserker...
And the list goes on and on.

Hell, today i think my character has been denied more kills, hits, points, fun and whatnot by weapons used by my teammates than skillful combat displayed by my enemies.
If anything, my character would have needed more revives, blood transfusions and bandage packs for all the harm done to me by "friendly" players.
(one even managed to finish me off at the end of the game, because it's so bloody funny to hit friendlies after the round ends... or during.)

They need to do something about those swing happy ******s in this game, and i say the following: DAMAGE FEEDBACK!
Any damage done by swinging your weapons will be re-applied to your own character in a 1=1 ratio (damage a legitimate enemy would receive, not the current team damage).
You hit me, you take the full damage of your own swing. Same for when i rush in and hit you on the kisser.

Now, i already hear people say "you have trolls who will stand before your weapon so you kill yourself". Even for that i have a suggestion!
You won't receive any damage feedback if you lock onto a target, and said target is also locked onto you.
In a 1v1 fight you won't have any damage feedback (as you have no friendlies to hit).
In a Gank situation all enemies (but your intended opponent) will be able to kill themselves by hitting their teammates.

This won't apply for Feats.
The stronger ones are 1-hit per round (depending on the game type), and with the power behind it would be an instant takedown of yourself.
Same with (fire) traps. You put down a strategically placed trap, and some "friendly" idiot stays in it when it goes off, then you shouldn't be the one to feel the pain.

Hey... did i just do it?
Did i just made a suggestion which both discourages ganking and works on fixing the "happy go lucky" weapon swinging feaks.
I must be a genius!
:eek:

Let me hear what you people think.

CitizenPuddi
04-30-2017, 07:46 PM
interesting

Herbstlicht
04-30-2017, 10:30 PM
My honest opinion? Increase damage on friendlys, reflect some of it and highly punish all match gains when hitting friendlys beyond a certain treshhold. I mean hits on accident can happen. But it is a mistake in doing so, so hurting yourself on some spikes of your comrades armor and injuring him can happen. To teach some tactics and awareness, just make sure people try to avoid it at all cost. I mean you could even remove experience or salvage...

But thats complicated i guess. So yeah, a simple reflect my do the trick.

SlashingElbow
04-30-2017, 10:37 PM
Ehm? In a massbrawl you have to watch where u swing and step because of where your opponent is.. Damn you guys.. You are so bad at this game that u want it dumbed down to a childrens version of it.. Thank you !

CitizenPuddi
04-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Ehm? In a massbrawl you have to watch where u swing and step because of where your opponent is.. Damn you guys.. You are so bad at this game that u want it dumbed down to a childrens version of it.. Thank you !

do you ever have anything civil or constructive to say?

or do you just want people to dismiss you as a rabid troll?

SlashingElbow
04-30-2017, 10:55 PM
do you ever have anything civil or constructive to say?

or do you just want people to dismiss you as a rabid troll?

If i could i would be much worse to you guys. Its insane how much you guys are trying to ruin the game. It sucks

CitizenPuddi
04-30-2017, 11:07 PM
If i could i would be much worse to you guys. Its insane how much you guys are trying to ruin the game. It sucks

the playerbase tanked from 45,923 players to barely over 10,000 (this is less than a quarter of the original playerbase) after the first month of the game's release and have steadily been falling since (at least on steam, i dont know of any way to gather these sorts of metrics for consoles)

in this time where were no balance patches

that alone suggests that the game hasn't been in as healthy of a state as you seem to think it has been

UbiNoty
04-30-2017, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Elzziwelzzif! It's an interesting concept and I'll pass it on over to the team to see what they think.

Illyrian_King
04-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Always lovely, when you fight your enemy and 2 mates hammer on YOU instead of the enemy and INTERRUPT YOU all time :cool:

Seriously, when go on a 2vs1, I always make hits from the top and from the other side then my mate stands in order to avoid hitting him!

AKDagriZ
04-30-2017, 11:38 PM
if i am low health i will get behind you lock enemy and stab you in hope to be revived