PDA

View Full Version : Activation codes suck PLEASE HELP

sierra1493
04-30-2017, 03:26 PM
AYEEEEE ladies and gentlemen!!!!

So, thing is I ordered Assassin's Creed II (used) from Amazon (it's the DVD, not downloaded) but when I tried to insert in Uplay the activation key that came with the package they said it is already in use by another ubisoft account???!!!! what the hell!?? so what am I supposed to do??? I mean, I legally ordered a used game from the internet and now I am stuck here without being able to play it!??? I already emailed ubisoft but got no response.

If any of you could help me I would GREATLY GREATLY GREATLY appreciate it.

Cheers,
sierra

TioKeir
04-30-2017, 05:21 PM
You ordered used game on PC? Because if so you got scammed. When the code is used it's locked to the acc it was used on. I mean console players don't have codes if i'm right. Try sending an email to Amazon. I don't think that Ubi can help you with this problem. U can buy used console games because they don't get locked to a console, but PC games if the code was used than it's Game Over. Try sending it back and get your money back. Someone can correct me, but i think i'm right.

strigoi1958
04-30-2017, 06:18 PM
TioKeir is correct. Only new pc games can be activated. People often sell the disk version with the code already used because it is a way to install games without having to download 20 or 30 or 60GB. Usually they state it is the disk only or that the game is used... then they usually sell them for $1 or $2 because there is no game just the files that need an activation code.

In the ubisoft store right now Assassin's Creed 2 is only 3.49 (around €4 or $4 which is why used games are only worth $1) and if you have 100 uplay points you can get a 20% discount so around $3.20 or €3.20 or 2.80 so they game is incredibly cheap.

As TioKeir has suggested go back to Amazon... check the advert if it says used then you have not bought the game just backup or installation files, if it says new then you need to contact Amazon and the seller and complain.

sierra1493
04-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Thanks, TioKeir!! That's what I did. They said they had no idea it would happen and are sending my money back, but then this is really crappy cause I don't have a console and I would really love to play AC II on my computer and I don't know how am I gonna find a new one if the game is old. -.-

strigoi1958
Oh my God, that actually really makes ****ing sense. Next time I'll buy a new one, even if it's more expensive, cause hell, I'd like to actually play the damn game. But so, can I buy it here from Ubisoft??? I had no idea!!! That's really great!!

sierra1493
04-30-2017, 07:19 PM
I don't need an activation code if I order the game from Ubisoft, right??? Cause they are selling AC II in PC (download) platform and they say "Activation: Automatically in the Uplay desktop application".

I hope that means no damn activ code :p

TioKeir
04-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah game is old, but you can buy a new one strait from Ubi store or in Uplay shop. It's on sale right for 4.99 euros. Like strigoi said you can use 100 uplay points to get 20% off, but if this is your new Account you won't have any if i'm right, because you need to play games to earn points.

TioKeir
04-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Yeah the game will be automatically activated. You won't need to enter anything.

sierra1493
05-01-2017, 01:33 AM
Thanks so much TioKeir!!!! Will do it then :p