PDA

View Full Version : This would be awesome!

ubiassassin354
04-30-2017, 02:39 AM
What if you could use the rope launcher as a weapon in Assassin's Creed Syndicate? Rather than just use it as a way to get around London, it could have been used as a tool just like smoke bombs or throwing knives. Like when doing stealth, it could be used to pull enemies or in combo during combat. I know it's obviously too late for it now, but I just thought it would be a cool idea.

LoyalACFan
04-30-2017, 11:20 AM
I'd much prefer the rope launcher to die forever, personally. Suspension of disbelief was seriously strained with that one. I mean, I know we can dive into haystacks from 400 feet unscathed in this series, but Batmanning around Victorian London was a leap too far in my book. Not to mention it rendered AC's trademark parkour system pretty much obsolete.

Sushiglutton
04-30-2017, 12:07 PM
The ropedart worked like that, which was pretty neat in AC4 when you could drag guards to bushes so they were hidden once assassinated. I wouldn't mind the ropedart to return and have some parkour abilities like for example being used to reach some places you otherwise couldn't. But for the most part I think straight parkour should be the way to ger around.

I don't think ancient Egypt for the most part has as high buildings as London so the need for a rope launcher is probably not that big anyway.

BananaBlighter
04-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Before any news about Empire surfaced, I had wondered if they were going to do a 2nd game with the Frye twins. I thought that maybe we could have a game set in two locations: India and the Wild West.

Evie goes to India (we already know that happens), Jacob goes to America (IDK, I think the cowboy life suits him). I always thought it'd be funny if Jacob could use his rope launcher like a lasso, or like AC3/4's rope dart during combat, and Evie could use hers for more stealth-oriented gameplay like hanging people and pulling them into bushes. Maybe she could also use it to swing from tree to tree in the jungles of India.

However I would much rather see the rope launcher go. It was too nonsensical for my liking. These ideas are only things I thought could work well assuming there was another Frye game, and it was set in India/America.

LoyalACFan
04-30-2017, 12:22 PM
Before any news about Empire surfaced, I had wondered if they were going to do a 2nd game with the Frye twins. I thought that maybe we could have a game set in two locations: India and the Wild West.

Lol, the Wild West is a popular point of speculation for AC, and as someone who loves that region of America in real life, I never have understood it. You guys know the "Wild West" was mostly just flat land and shantytowns, right? :p

m4r-k7
04-30-2017, 01:14 PM
This would have definitely added more options in combat thats for sure!

I'd much prefer the rope launcher to die forever, personally. Suspension of disbelief was seriously strained with that one. I mean, I know we can dive into haystacks from 400 feet unscathed in this series, but Batmanning around Victorian London was a leap too far in my book. Not to mention it rendered AC's trademark parkour system pretty much obsolete.

Whilst I agree that the rope launcher was the most unrealistic gadget we have ever had, you can see why they put it in the game - I mean crossing the Victorian streets without a grappling hook would have been ridiculously annoying and slow.

But yeah, hopefully thats the last we have seen of it!

BananaBlighter
04-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Lol, the Wild West is a popular point of speculation for AC, and as someone who loves that region of America in real life, I never have understood it. You guys know the "Wild West" was mostly just flat land and shantytowns, right? :p

Yeah which is why I would hate it if we had an AC game exclusively set there. However it could work if the game was also set in other locations to give us variety. You want to run around fighting, shooting people and hijacking trains? Then go play in the Wild West. You want to stealth around jungles and explore a more varied landscape? Spend your time in India. I just thought that the Wild West setting would also really suit Jacob's character.

ERICATHERINE
04-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Hmm... Wild west, huh? ...

I wonder which would be best in an ac game between ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td0pAn5agqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRtlXDOqOU

^-^ :p