PDA

View Full Version : Javelin's and bows should be nerfed

THE_MAD_KlNG
04-29-2017, 09:12 PM
this is just my own opinion but the javelin bows do way too much damage that's the most annoying when you're in a elimination and you get hit with that right away they come away too quickly and they do way too much damage I was hit once with a javelin that 95 damage way too much. i dont know ehy they are so dam powerfull. the throwing axes and the crossbows are good the way they are.

Hormly
04-29-2017, 09:16 PM
this is just my own opinion but the javelin bows do way too much damage that's the most annoying when you're in a elimination and you get hit with that right away they come away too quickly and they do way too much damage I was hit once with a javelin that 95 damage way too much. i dont know ehy they are so dam powerfull. the throwing axes and the crossbows are good the way they are.

and by nerfed I mean removed lol honestly, this game aint about ranged combat, and boy does it show xD

soooooooo cheap to be fighting a valk or whatever and suddenly she tosses an unblockable javelin that nukes 3/4 of your health.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 09:31 PM
You can block them. Not sure how, but ive seen it happen... mainly shield guys with all block. Bow is easy to dodge, but only if you see them use it.

OP, you say throwing axes/ crossbows are fine... yet they get 2 of those before a bow or javelin recharges... so really, while they don't do as much damage per hit, they can use them twice as often.

and by nerfed I mean removed lol honestly, this game aint about ranged combat, and boy does it show xD

soooooooo cheap to be fighting a valk or whatever and suddenly she tosses an unblockable javelin that nukes 3/4 of your health.

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 09:45 PM
They are ok to finish off a fleeing enemy ...

But they do way too much damage.

Same with the catapult.

Dizzy4213
04-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Javelins and Bows do 80 damage which is fine for a level 3 Feat.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 09:56 PM
What about the sharpen blades feat? (also level 3) That lasts for 45 seconds... and doubles the damage of every hit in bleed damage....... you can lose half your heath to a heavy... and that's just one hit... and you complain about a bow which can only hit once... man, a zerker can hit you 20 times (at least) in 45 seconds (potentially) with sharpened blades youre dead 10 times over.... what if stacked with revenge and the berserker feat? One top heavy and youre about dead. Plus he attacks 50% faster, moves 50% faster and hits for whatever revenge he is stacked with harder than normal....

And you complain about a feat which happens once every 2 to 3 minutes and takes 2/3rds health?

Lol.

Theres a reason I don't stack my zerker gear for revenge.... he doesn't need it.

They are ok to finish off a fleeing enemy ...

But they do way too much damage.

Same with the catapult.

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 10:01 PM
I can block and parry those attacks. A javelin or longbow can be shot from across the map and will still hit if I don't dodge.

And those beasts are hard to dodge.

And yes, sharpened blade is a very, very strong ability, that should be looked at - same with several other ones.

Alustar.
04-29-2017, 10:33 PM
As a PK I don't even bother with the catapult. I takes more calculation to maximize on it. However I enjoy all the feats. They add a level of immersion to the game.

Those of you who don't like it just don't want to get killed. Bottom line.

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 11:31 PM
As a PK I don't even bother with the catapult. I takes more calculation to maximize on it. However I enjoy all the feats. They add a level of immersion to the game.

Those of you who don't like it just don't want to get killed. Bottom line.

Bottom line: BS. Steaming BS.

The catapult, Javelin, longbow and other skills are badly balanced. Everybody who defends bad balancing, loses any credibility, that might exists.

Compare the javelin to the crossbow. The javelin takes at least half of your health - the crossbow about one bar and a bit. It is good to kill a fleeing enemy but not powerful enough to use it effectively at the beginning of a fight. The longbow and javelin however, can practically decide elimination matches.

The catapult can be used in close combat, because the friendly fire is not not high enough to kill you. If used in close combat, you don't get away.

UbiJurassic
04-29-2017, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback on these feats. We haven't adjusted the feats much since launch, so we are eager to hear more feedback from the players regarding them.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Wow you guys are ruining the fun for everyone. 98% of the people playing this game dont want your stupid changes. Your ruining the game and making it to something completely different. Deal with the things in the game or go ruin someone elses fun. Damn you guys are a bunch of crying little trophy generation

Eclipsedmoon86
04-29-2017, 11:34 PM
I think the bow is fine, it has a long wind up is easily Dodgeable and is very noticeable so you have plenty of time to dodge if anything needs to be nerfed it the insta kill catapult with 1 second warning before impact there is literally a super slim chance to escape it

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Wow you guys are ruining the fun for everyone. 98% of the people playing this game dont want your stupid changes. Your ruining the game and making it to something completely different. Deal with the things in the game or go ruin someone elses fun. Damn you guys are a bunch of crying little trophy generation

The "beat to death argument" ...

It is certainly not fun to be on the other end of the bow. It would be less crappy if the feats were less impactful and not possibly game changing.

Defending against those feats is very, very difficult as well.

Fun is a matter of perspective.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:41 PM
The "beat to death argument" ...

It is certainly not fun to be on the other end of the bow. It would be less crappy if the feats were less impactful and not possibly game changing.

Defending against those feats is very, very difficult as well.

Fun is a matter of perspective.

Im rep 21 and have never used the javelin or bow and have never got kileld by a javelin..

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Im rep 21 and have never used the javelin or bow and have never got kileld by a javelin..

And that is your argument?

It never happened to me, so it is not a problem?

I never got struck by a lightning bolt ... they can't be life threatening at all.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:45 PM
And that is your argument?

It never happened to me, so it is not a problem?

I never got struck by a lightning bolt ... they can't be life threatening at all.

No it means it is not a big part or gamebreaking issue at all. I have played since the beta and never got killed by a javelin.. And u think its owerpowered lol. Weakness personified

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 11:46 PM
No it means it is not a big part or gamebreaking issue at all. I have played since the beta and never got killed by a javelin.. And u think its owerpowered lol. Weakness personified

And you got personal.

I guess you don't have arguments to back up your claim.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:55 PM
And you got personal.

I guess you don't have arguments to back up your claim.

There is no need for arguments. This is a case of being weak or not. You chose to live on your knees instead of dying on your feet.

DrExtrem
04-29-2017, 11:58 PM
There is no need for arguments. This is a case of being weak or not. You chose to live on your knees instead of dying on your feet.

What?!? ...

You just broke my BS detector. The needle broke off.

SlashingElbow
04-29-2017, 11:59 PM
What?!? ...

You just broke my BS detector. The needle broke off.

Ok you can live in denial and be weak. I bet you are one of those people that changed faction after your faction lost.

RealJayDee1984
04-30-2017, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure I've actually consciously seen a javelin in action. Which might well be a result of me being not too perceptive, but I genuinely don't even know which classes use them (Valkyrie seems like an option). Probably been killed by some without realizing what they were. Now bows I know rather well, and I've been on both ends as far as they are concerned. Catapults can be a pain in the ***, but, well, they're catapults. I've dodge some, I've been squashed by some.

All in all I think those elements are fine in general, if probably in need of some fine tuning. But then I just play the game in what could probably be described as a carefree "ignorance is bliss" mode, and can only freely admit that the intricacies of balancing that are being so fervently discussed on this forum simply esacpe me for the most part.

Helnekromancer
04-30-2017, 01:21 AM
I just want more of an indicator that they threw something most of the time it looks like I got killed by a pocket of air :D. I can easily roll out the way if i see hes doing it but sometimes it just looks like he is canceling a heavy attack.

kweassa1917
04-30-2017, 01:38 AM
For me, it's not that bad.

- So, if I see someone drawing up a bow or about to throw a spear at me, I roll to evade. OK, I dig.
- If someone I'm not aware of shoots me from the flank, my fault entirely.
- If a stealthy PK shoots a crossbow from under the 'dar to my backside, that's also fine. She's an assassin. That's what they do.

All of the above is fine, and I have no problems from getting killed by it. My mistake. I should have been more aware.

That being said, the projectile speed is a little bit too high, and the draw/throw setup motion is also a bit too short. I'd prefer they lowered the projectile speed a tad bit, and increased the time it takes for them to draw/coil -- aim -- fire/throw a little bit more. IMO, if the combination of a bit lowered projectile speed and increased draw-aim time leads to overall approx. 20% increase in time it takes for you to input the command and then see it hit the mark, that'd be OK.

So I don't support a damage nerf, but I do support a "speed nerf".

suboptiml
04-30-2017, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback on these feats. We haven't adjusted the feats much since launch, so we are eager to hear more feedback from the players regarding them.

I'd love to see 4v4 modes without feats, stats and arena buffs. All those things badly undermine what makes the game unique and compelling, the core combat mechanics.

Not much worse in 4v4 as when a good multiplayer fight develops and instead of it being decided on who fought better, someone launches a catapult and wipes out most of the people. Sure it makes for a "lol wow" youtube clip. But it takes the entire fighting system and throws it out the window for it. And it's an immensely unfun and lame way to end a match.

Or what could of been tense 1v1 fight to decide the end of match gets thrown away because someone launches a blind and an arrow or something.

Give us alternative 4v4 modes with no feats, gear stats and arena buffs. Let the brilliance of the game, the core combat mechanics, be what decides matches. Not catapults and one-shots and blinds and javelins.

Graci0us
04-30-2017, 02:47 AM
(This is more for Ubi than a discussion)
If i get a vote. Im fine with all these feats being discussed. Catapult, bow, arrow barage, ect. You can't win every battle.

Had a valk sweep me off my feet, then drill me with a jav while still on my back. Took 3/4 of my health as a conq. Nerf nvr once came to my mind. I was freaking impressed by the creativeness. The complaint with elimination is legit. Getting hit with shurikan at the begining of every round blows. Though, that can be fixed with making changes to how the game mode uses feats.

As for catapult, when i hear the horn, i just unlock and roll away. If i get hit by one, its my fault. you have to be very careful with time increase with catapult. Just a ms to long, and it becomes another useless feat. If it's easy to roll out of, whats the point? And yes, i've been destroyed by them too. If your not on your toes, you get smashed. Sometimes we get tunnel vision, and forget whats going on around us, because we are to focused on a fight, or getting to an objective.

XImohtephXX
04-30-2017, 03:01 AM
The feats dont really become an issue until you get into elimination. Dominion in all fine a well with the chaos going on. But a single round lost with a player being lucky enough to go on a killstreak and then the next round upon start assuming you know for a fact the person has the feats unlocked you better hit the ground dodging. Ive had fights begin and end within 3 seconds as I locked onto my opponent ready for a fight only to catch a throwing axe, bow, etc. to the face ending the fight practically before it began. I dont quite see the reasoning behind giving the winning team a stronger hold on victory in a mode without respawns.

Natedog858585
04-30-2017, 03:58 AM
its only a real issue when you can stack all the damage amps with said abilities and they knock down most of your health.

CeIasun
04-30-2017, 06:21 AM
Maybe it's me but I have a lot of luck doding it when a see the animation. Some even called me cheater lol.But the game called For honor with no Honor system what do you expect it's like going to a gun fight with a knive I was suprissed that people took those feets to a duel lol talk a bout no code of honor hahahaha . :P But it is satisfying to kill that person who missed her feat on you!

DrExtrem
04-30-2017, 06:58 AM
Just did it again with my valk.

Enemy bot was engaged in a fight - my javelin took about two third of her life. Boom headshot.

Dizzy4213
04-30-2017, 07:22 AM
If Javelin and Bow get nerfed then can we please nerf the **** out of the Warlord's feats too, which are by far the most ridiculous in the game.

Feat 1 Deadly: 15% damage increase
Feat 2 Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction
Feat 3 Tough as Nails: +35HP
Feat 4 Auto-revive: Can revive himself.

This alone gives him an effective health pool of 233. Not including his self-revive. This also doesn't factor in gear score either. I think feats in general are fine for the most part but the problem with these is that they're all passive, and Ubisoft for whatever reason, thought it would be fine to put them all on the strongest hero in the game. I might not have a problem if the Warlord had to pick and choose but he doesn't. They can all be equipped at the same time.

ArlianDeBias
04-30-2017, 07:36 AM
If Javelin and Bow get nerfed then can we please nerf the **** out of the Warlord's feats too, which are by far the most ridiculous in the game.

Feat 1 Deadly: 15% damage increase
Feat 2 Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction
Feat 3 Tough as Nails: +35HP
Feat 4 Auto-revive: Can revive himself.

This alone gives him an effective health pool of 233. Not including his self-revive. This also doesn't factor in gear score either. I think feats in general are fine for the most part but the problem with these is that they're all passive, and Ubisoft for whatever reason, thought it would be fine to put them all on the strongest hero in the game. I might not have a problem if the Warlord had to pick and choose but he doesn't. They can all be equipped at the same time.

You're complaining that the Vikings Heavy character is a tank? It's literally his role to be a high health character which can withstand a large amount of damage.

Why didn't you make any comments on the fact that his attacks are slow, delayed and some of the easiest to block/parry in the game?

May as well make every character exactly the same, why bother having different roles for different characters? Just nerf everything.

Dizzy4213
04-30-2017, 07:51 AM
You're complaining that the Vikings Heavy character is a tank? It's literally his role to be a high health character which can withstand a large amount of damage.

No. I just don't think it's fair that he gets to equip those feats all at once. He should have to choose between damage reduction or more HP for example. No other hero can have that many good passive feats all at once.

Why didn't you make any comments on the fact that his attacks are slow, delayed and some of the easiest to block/parry in the game?

Seriously? His side light attacks are as fast as Peacekeeper. His heaves are also pretty fast and have hyper armour.

May as well make every character exactly the same, why bother having different roles for different characters? Just nerf everything.

Now you're just being silly.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-30-2017, 09:34 AM
My god people are even trying to nerf the feats now lol

You can dodge them. Jesus christ people is it THAT hard to even TRY and learn how to play?

Dizzy4213
04-30-2017, 09:39 AM

You can dodge them. Jesus christ people is it THAT hard to even TRY and learn how to play?

It's like Destiny all over again.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-30-2017, 09:43 AM

My god I get that certain combos and R1 spams are tough, but the feats?

I mean come ON people, they are only available every minute and a HALF at most and don't even guarantee a kill.

vgrimr_J
04-30-2017, 10:49 AM
so soon after everything is nerfed we are going to fight with foam sticks..and some ppl find those op as well and start to cry about them and demand for nerfs. this is the path you ppl want to go? the never ending nerf.

CitizenPuddi
04-30-2017, 11:28 AM
so soon after everything is nerfed we are going to fight with foam sticks..and some ppl find those op as well and start to cry about them and demand for nerfs. this is the path you ppl want to go? the never ending nerf.

i dont know if youve been paying attention but the devs buff things too

its almost like balance cycles involve buffs and nerfs to take power from where there's too much and give power to where there's too little

the concept blows my mind too

kweassa1917
04-30-2017, 12:29 PM
i dont know if youve been paying attention but the devs buff things too

its almost like balance cycles involve buffs and nerfs to take power from where there's too much and give power to where there's too little

the concept blows my mind too

It's called "selective memory".

People only remember what they want to remember, in the way they want to remember it, and then simply forget all the rest so it fits the bias they already have. So when they just set their minds to this disgruntled, bi*chy, whiney state dumping every blame on the game whether be it a just and reasonable complaint, or just plain silly accusations, they simply forget everything the devs have done for us, the efforts they made, the things they got right, .and only hold on to everything that's negative. So it fits their "image" of a broken game.

(ps) It's an actual psychological phenomenon, hence the reason when people are talking about stuff, their memories and anecdotes are virtually useless since it's tainted by the desire to remember it in the fashion they want to. So without knowing, people embellish, make up, remember it the wrong way.

The most common cases in games like these, are exaggerated balance problems. It's a defensive mechanic to protect egos. People rarely admit they suck, so to protect that image, they remember it in a way that the game has somehow always done them wrong, and naturally leave all the details out of everything they've done wrong.

CitizenPuddi
04-30-2017, 01:19 PM
It's called "selective memory".

People only remember what they want to remember, in the way they want to remember it, and then simply forget all the rest so it fits the bias they already have. So when they just set their minds to this disgruntled, bi*chy, whiney state dumping every blame on the game whether be it a just and reasonable complaint, or just plain silly accusations, they simply forget everything the devs have done for us, the efforts they made, the things they got right, .and only hold on to everything that's negative. So it fits their "image" of a broken game.

(ps) It's an actual psychological phenomenon, hence the reason when people are talking about stuff, their memories and anecdotes are virtually useless since it's tainted by the desire to remember it in the fashion they want to. So without knowing, people embellish, make up, remember it the wrong way.

The most common cases in games like these, are exaggerated balance problems. It's a defensive mechanic to protect egos. People rarely admit they suck, so to protect that image, they remember it in a way that the game has somehow always done them wrong, and naturally leave all the details out of everything they've done wrong.

neato

Sykoink
04-30-2017, 01:41 PM

This.

And this.

The ''community'' is going to murder this game if the dev team keeps listening to these insane opinions.

Rikuto01.tv
04-30-2017, 01:53 PM

Remove catapult. There is zero justification for that ability doing what it does.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Remove catapult. There is zero justification for that ability doing what it does.

You mean other than the fact it has a a ridiculously high cooldown, small area of effect, easy to dodge and the fact its a tier 4 feat?

Unfair combos? Okay. OP characters or passives? Okay. But feats you get once very few minutes? You are just whining at this point man. Come on.

Alustar.
04-30-2017, 02:12 PM

lol I'd love to see you defend that statement

Rahnzan
04-30-2017, 04:57 PM
Some feats are outright useless while other feats or outright broken.

-Inspire has such a short range that it's never worth it. It only works if I'm near allies, does it effect me too? In a gank, I don't really need a damage boost because I've got allies. In a fair fight I'm too busy concentrating on my opponent to worry about a minor buff to someone else's fight, and if I'm standing in a mosh pit of soldiers, I'm murdering those clowns, not wasting a feat to have it done for me at a tenth of the speed. If Inspire was global it might be worth it if I'm trying to take A or C but not as it is.

-Takedown looks great on paper but there's so little I can do with one free Top Heavy after a successful grab, and that's if I'm not out of range of the toss (Even without gear on, range in this game is weird). The fact that it's activated and lasts for such a short time makes it even more worthless. A temporary buff in the third slot is getting subbed. And I'm not about to spam this crap to MAKE it worth it! The game should not be encouraging ****ty behavior. No one likes Peacekeeper Revenge Zone. No one likes Lawbringer Revenge Shove-Heavy-Shove-Heavy. No one likes spending their entire life for that turn on the ground. I'm perfectly fine with ****ty behavior on its own but designing components of the game around it cheapens the experience of being an *******. Joking aside I'm pretty sure only the Warden has this ability? With so many moves coupled with Shoulder Bash chances are my enemy doesn't have any stamina regardless. Talk about a waste.

-Catapult is a little insane. It's hard to hit players with, but completely unfair when it does. A Shugoki in revenge mode should not drop in one hit to anything in this game. While most tier 4 feats are insanely powerful, I'd prefer if Catapult did less damage over a wider area so it could be used to kill off groups of injured players and sweep a wider field of minions. Kind of a waste that a Pugno Mortis kills just as many for being a tier earlier.

-Speed Revive is awesome but I feel like its not worth it for a lot of players. To date I know of only one instance where someone other than myself has used this ability and that's bizarre because it looks so powerful. I don't know if anything's wrong with this feat but sheer lack of it on the battlefield might need to be addressed, maybe reward the player for reviving people beyond Renown? Heal 25 to self? Something? Whatever it takes to get more people using it...

-Juggernaut is pointless. 100% of the time I've used this, my enemy has chosen to run. What'd be so hard about just the defense buff without the slowing effect? Have you seen some of the other feats?? They're all benefit and no down side. I'm looking at you Thick Skin/Flesh Wounds. I'm sure this was cooked up as sort of a stylish feat but come on, that's not how games are supposed to work.

-Heal on Block is a bit much. I've already made my feeling known in a thread.

-Bounty Hunter is not very apparent that it means 'gain health and stamina no matter how you kill your opponent.' A lot of people I talk to skip this because they're thinking about (and trying to get) executions. Kinda lame.

-Thick Skin; HEY REMEMBER JUGGERNAUT?! WHAT THE **** DUDE. You can find this sumbish on the Peacekeeper of all classes. Strongest light attacks, fastest light attacks, only 5 less health than a god damn Warden and a straight up passive defense buff?! WHAT THE ACTUAL **** DUDE.

-If Sharpen Blade is "low damage" then a catapult must be "somewhat of a bother" and an execution "a bit of an inconvenience."

-Last Laugh is god damn hilarious but once again this is a case of "Only seen one player use it ever." Everyone just picks catapult all the damn time.

-I can't ever tell if Harsh Judgement is working or not. Their stamina bar doesn't go down. Is it increasing the cost of their moves? Is it just altering their maximum stamina number? This move needs to be way more transparent. I'll zap a Berserker with it and he won't change tactics at all.

-Righteous Deflection; I don't have an actual problem with this skill, what I have a problem with is JUGGERNAUT AGAIN. AFTER EVERY PARRY I'VE GOT JUGGERNAUT DEFENSE, WHAT THE HELL MAN JUST REPLACE JUGGERNAUT WITH ANYTHING ELSE SERIOUSLY.

-Protected Revive is worthless. Let's list everything wrong with this feat. It's not a tier 1 perk. I have to be dead before I get to use it, and unlike the sadly under-utilized Last Laugh, I'm not guaranteed to benefit from it. None of my teammates will know what this feat is unless they've played a Lawbringer. None of my teammates can know if I've currently equipped this ability unless I announce it like a spurg over the headset. Great on paper, but no one's in the habit of reviving teammates unless no one is nearby to fight. How about a perk that makes reviving me faster? Like a reverse Speed Revive? No one's looking at Revives for health, they're looking at them for Renown or teammates.

-Unblockable: Somehow more annoying than catapult. Without fail, as soon as a Kensei pops this, it's light attack spam city. Hey, remember Juggernaut? What the **** is the downside to this one? **** Juggernaut.

-Fear Itself looks like other perks in tier 2. Who's going to use this over a Nail Bomb?

-Also Nail Bomb, is it just me or does this just turn your entire bar red? Stepped in the wrong spot? Oh well! Guess you lost!

Sykoink
04-30-2017, 05:01 PM

LOL!! No. And i don't even play a character with the catapult feat.

Xakonero
04-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Some feats are outright useless while other feats or outright broken.

-Inspire has such a short range that it's never worth it. It only works if I'm near allies, does it effect me too? In a gank, I don't really need a damage boost because I've got allies. In a fair fight I'm too busy concentrating on my opponent to worry about a minor buff to someone else's fight, and if I'm standing in a mosh pit of soldiers, I'm murdering those clowns, not wasting a feat to have it done for me at a tenth of the speed. If Inspire was global it might be worth it if I'm trying to take A or C but not as it is.

- [...]
Until you said this, I didnt notice how unbalanced the feats are, because I use always the same 4-5 in each character. Its something interesting, I think that you could make a post about this, to talk specifically about this.

Talking about the post theme, I think you all are in extremes, or "This is perfectly balanced, no change need" or "This should be removed". And, well, I think that is obvious that these feats are pretty good, so a little nerf to damage/time or both should be okay, being easiest to dodge and not an almost instakill but still useful. The rest of feats, need to be revised, because most of us ignore them.

ScottJund
04-30-2017, 05:41 PM
A massive thing people tend to skim over when discussing Feat Balance is game mode.

For example, in Dominion: sure, getting one-shot by a Catapult is annoying, but its a Tier 4 Feat with a massive cooldown and its still technically dodgeable (though its still too fast IMO). But fine, whatever, I die, lose whatever point I was trying to defend / take, and respawn in 15 seconds.

In Elimination: You get one-shot by a Catapult and you lose the round. You get one-shot by a Longbow and you lose the round. You get one-shot by a Javelin and you lose the round, etc.

IMO, Feats shouldn't even be enabled in Elimination. Gear, fine, Powerups, fine, but I think Dominion is the real strategy-like mode that can benefit from Feats while also not being hampered too much by balance because respawns happen fairly quickly.

Except Warlord. His Feats are just asinine in all modes, on top of already being the best character in the game.

Natedog858585
04-30-2017, 10:55 PM
just got oneshotted by a javelin while dueling, doing 120 damage instantly from behind. they need to be nerfed massively, same with warlord's feats making him have the most health in the game with a free revive.

Dizzy4213
04-30-2017, 11:06 PM
just got oneshotted by a javelin while dueling, doing 120 damage instantly from behind. they need to be nerfed massively, same with warlord's feats making him have the most health in the game with a free revive.

Javelin on it's own does 80 damage. So for it to one shot you, you were either debuffed by someone or the Valkyrie that threw it picked up a damage boost.

It amazes me why there is suddenly so much salt about this. Maybe it's because Revenge was nerfed that people need to find something else to complain about. I agree that some feats need adjusting but Javelin/Bow aren't one of them.

Natedog858585
04-30-2017, 11:34 PM
exactly, feats shouldn't stack with other feat bonuses. They did the same kind of fix with revenge damage buff stacking with the damage stat change.

its a fighting game, not a stupid "press key and the enemy is dead". dont say "well just dodge" because you can't dodge if its out of your vision entirely with no indicator that a arrow is about to kill you instantly.

ScottJund
05-01-2017, 12:37 AM
exactly, feats shouldn't stack with other feat bonuses. They did the same kind of fix with revenge damage buff stacking with the damage stat change.

its a fighting game, not a stupid "press key and the enemy is dead". dont say "well just dodge" because you can't dodge if its out of your vision entirely with no indicator that a arrow is about to kill you instantly.

Except the modes that actually have feats are nothing like fighting games.

Natedog858585
05-01-2017, 01:18 AM
oh i forgot it turns into a third person shooter, my bad.

Supercool5150
05-01-2017, 06:24 PM

Thank you...+1

Brologna_Xeno
05-01-2017, 07:06 PM
I'd like to see the Javelin wind-up duration delayed to match the bow..

..just so I can enjoy Valk's Olympian javelin throw eye-candy for a few more frames.

Inspire's activation needs to be as fast as the current Javelin's. The long animation lock on inspire is not necessary.

And yeah Juggs is useless in my experience. They fixed Regenerate FAIK, but that heal proc still is unpredictable, I don't understand it. But Shug goesn't really have a better 4th feat so /shrug

But actually thinking more, the first thing they need to address for feats is the visual effect of some of the AOE buffs.

At times they mess with the game's lighting, like my Inspire radial turns all things within the radial black. Same with other AOE visual cues. Guess it's a graphics glitch, anyone else experience this? Doesn't always happen but every once and a while everything within the AOE radial goes very dark, some sort of lighting graphics glitch I guess.

Alustar.
05-01-2017, 07:25 PM

How come no ones addressing the fact that in standard duels feats and gear scores are disabled. Did you turn them on for a custum match?

The bottom line is this, every hero has these types of feats so it's not like you don't have one of your own.

Also I get the comparison to fighting games, but even in fighting games different titles and iterations there of had other gimmicks that they would explore and experiment with.

If you keep calm and have an awareness of your surroundings you are less likely to fall victim to these tactics.

Supercool5150
05-01-2017, 08:49 PM
War is Hell

laugmanden
05-01-2017, 11:29 PM

The famous l2p argument!