PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason why this garbage matchmaking can't make a session?

wKmike
04-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Why is it always searching searching searching?? I'm trying to knock out 3 orders from the previous day, along with an entire new set of orders in a somewhat quick manner. So I que up Player vs AI. and It absolutely will not find anything. I have let it run for an hour straight now, leaving my computer to go do other things until a match has been found, occasionally coming back to refresh after it gives me a matchmaking error once in a while.

Is there a reason instead of having me sit in the menu searching instead of putting me in a match, and having others join me in session? This is pathetic matchmaking to the highest degree and has no place in this modern time of online multiplayer. Seriously and utterly pathetic.

And in case you're wondering.. Yes my NAT is open. Green. I have superb internet and that is not the issue.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Why do people think green nat is the best one in this game?

It isn't, its actually worse than red to have... because of how matchmaking works... the devs/livestreamers etc use yellow.....Wonder why?

I use yellow and MM is kinda quick... less than a minute on a slow day.... rarely ever disconnect either.

For every 1 red nat that disconnects, a minimum of 6 greens do too. Assuming 4v4 modes.

MAtchmaking at the start is a weird one though. If its not connecting to other players then somethings up... but still, yellow is better than green... For this game in particular.

wKmike
04-29-2017, 06:26 PM
https://c.na44.visual.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=0150M000002owttQAA&oid=00D30000001aepTEAQ

So you're telling me having the best type of connection is... the worst? And I thought this game's matchmaking was ridiculous.

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 06:34 PM
Yep. 16 mins in.... Red nat, can only connect to green nat. Yellow is best because it cant be connected to reds.

Look how many greens are in the fail sections compared to yellow and red.

It is particular for this game only.

I'm on a high end gaming pc, with 220mbs download speed... and I run yellow nat for that very reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6yJagD4FRE

wKmike
04-29-2017, 06:46 PM
I see... I guess further proof to add to my statement above that this matchmaking is terrible. I just want to be able to get a match started and going instead of sitting here waiting for a search that will never happen.

Titanodragon
04-29-2017, 08:11 PM
How do you switch the Nat type from green to yellow. I had yellow when at my dorm at college. But when I'm home it's green. Do any of you know how to change it to yellow on ps4?

Hillbill79
04-29-2017, 08:16 PM
There are a lot of videos on the net about changing it from yellow to green, but none to do it the other way. I guess it will be similar, but backwards.

How do you switch the Nat type from green to yellow. I had yellow when at my dorm at college. But when I'm home it's green. Do any of you know how to change it to yellow on ps4?